[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Primitive Technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: e5aU65x.jpg (210 KB, 1599x858) Image search: [Google]
e5aU65x.jpg
210 KB, 1599x858
The amount of respect I have for this man is nigh infinite.

What does /his/ think?
>>
>>1190719
>hey Jim, hold muh beer. Imma make me a house.
>>
>>1190726
With nothing but fuckin' dirt, sticks, and stones.
>>
File: assburgers.png (154 KB, 463x660) Image search: [Google]
assburgers.png
154 KB, 463x660
>lol i respect this man so much, he built a mudhouse! we should all be living like him!
>posted on a modern computer, on high speed global internet, sitting in a modern building with modern plumbing and nuclear electricity.
>>
If you're interested in survival in general, then dual survival, survivor man and naked and marooned are all good shows.
>>
>>1190738
Where did I say I wanted to live like him? Kek, your assburgers is leaking through your helmet.
>>
>>1190754
you think he's cool because he uses primitive technology. but you yourself use modern technology. you're a hypocrite.
>>
>>1190763
why not both
>>
>>1190763
sot sure if shitposting or serious...
>>
>>1190763
I respect his willingness to step outside of the comforts of modern technology to explore and work the laborious life of our ancestors. He does what I know I couldn't do, and I respect that. There's nothing hypocritical about that, and if you think there is, you're a massive idiot.
>>
>>1190719
>>>/out/
>>>/diy/
>>
>>1190780
Why do you respect him? What's good about using primitive technology? How is it virtuous to live a laborious life?
>He does what I know I couldn't do
But that's bullshit though Anon, you could do just what he did if you put your back into it, but my point is; Why would you? You don't have to, because of the achievements of modern technology.
>>
>>1190780
>I respect his willingness to step outside of the comforts of modern technology
You can tell from the terrain and the background sounds that he lives in Townsville. This is hardly "outside of the comforts of modern technology." Unlike horrible cunts like Cody or Wranglerstar, he isn't even homesteading: he drives his 4wd to a national park and then fucks around.
>>
>>1190799

>anthropology
>archaeology
>>
>>1190800
It's virtuous to step outside of your comfort zone. Unlike me and most likely yourself, he actually practices primitive technology. How often do you build modern tech from scratch? And if you think it's so simple, then good for you, Mr. Survivorman.

>>1190807
I know that he doesn't live in the wild, pretty clear since he says so himself and always has a fresh fade. But to even do what he does is a challenge, and I don't doubt that he could do it full-time.
>>
>>1190848
>It's virtuous to step outside of your comfort zone.
How and why? Please explain your opinion.
>Unlike me and most likely yourself, he actually practices primitive technology.
Yeah, and i'd like to know why you think that is a good thing? Really, i'm curious to know.
>How often do you build modern tech from scratch?
Never, that's the entire point of modern free market, we specialize heavily in narrow fields and share ideas and trade things.
>And if you think it's so simple, then good for you, Mr. Survivorman.
Never said anything was simple.
>>
>>1190822
Oh, you want /tg/ if you're a LARPer.
>>
>>1190859
Mostly just shitposting, but I've done a bit of flint knapping and a fair bit of archaeology does look at reconstructions.
>>
>>1190719
Are autists in here literally arguing that this guys skills are not impressive? He does something that few people in this day and age are able to do and that is impressive, at least to some people.

Personally I am not at all interested in building houses from mud and shit as I am the epitome of a modern pampered manchild, but even I can see why other people would find those skills impressive and interesting.
>>
Interesting videos and the less talking on a lot of youtube videos the better.

That said, it's nothing special.
>>
>>1190875
>Are people in this thread actually asking me to explain my position? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
>>
>>1190889
I just explained my position you memer.
>>
He does pretty much the same shit i do on weekends. Its autistic to completely cut off from modern society (that's literally one theory of how autism used to work, loner survivalists) but to hone these skills is pretty cool. I see it as my duty as a human being to learn how to survive and thrive, whether in the world I was born in or the wilderness. No reason not to do both, imo.
>>
>>1190719
I like his videos, I do the same thing as he does but I don't get the hubbub.

Most westerners can't do what he does but his skills and mine for that matter are the same skills many people throughout the World still use as a matter of survival.

Once you learn wattle and daub, cob, adobe, etc.... It's pretty simple. Fun, laborious and at time tedious but simple.

I will say though I LOVE HOW HE DOESNT FUCKING TALK IN VIDEOS, I know caps are annoying but I can't tell you how many tines I see videos with loudmouth White dudes talking off instead of just observing the steps and processes then doing it.

Anyways this is an /out/ conversation, looking at all his videos you can see he is pulling from a lot of cultural sources and is less about actually demonstrating the actual history and application of a skill from the context of a specific culture but rather he is just doing it
>>
>>1190875
The only thing I've been impressed with so far is his jet kiln.
>>
>>1190875
None of it is particularly impressive, it's just that nobody really does this stuff so its the first time they're learning about how to do it. Like, "oh yeah, that makes sense, now if I'm in the wild I won't have to figure it out for myself."

I think the most impressive thing he did was built a loom out of sticks but that's because the loom is finnicky and clever by its very nature.
>>
>>1190952
>I think the most impressive thing he did

Not him, but you've got to keep in mind that when this is relevant, actually finding food and water each day is also a task.
>>
He said its his hobby only, he wanted to write a book but he did not because youtube brings in enough monies
>>
>>1190780
>>I respect his willingness to step outside of the comforts of modern technology to explore and work the laborious life of our ancestors.
>muh we suffer so suffering is good

wat a true pleb.
>>
I think whether you like him or not boils down to "do you like having accomplished things with your own hands?"
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.