[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gnosticism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Gnosticism.png (14 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Gnosticism.png
14 KB, 480x480
Let's talk about Gnosticism lads.
>>
You don´t talk about it
>>
It talks about us.
>>
Look for what seems out of place
>>
How am I supposed to learn anything if you guys keep being such collosal faggots all the time?
>>
>>1189957
Faith, Hope, Knowledge
The road is sharp as the edge of a knife, there´s only place for yourself
>>
What's great about Gnostism is the caste system.

>Enlightened Gnostic
*Soul is a spark of the divine. Capable of great insights
*Learns to control his materialistic body
*Capable of great mental development if he awakens his inner divine nature. High potential for creativity. Highly individualistic.

>Puppet of the Demiurge
*No soul, operates purely on base instincts
*Complete slave to his body
*Sheep, literally incapable of stepping outside of group-think.
>>
>>1189957
this board is terrible its why nobody of value comes here
>>
>>1189978
Religion threads are good though.
>>
>>1190000
You're joking. They get derailed -3 posts in. Anyone who's not a Catholic gets shit on.
>>
>>1190439
/his/ has a pretty consistent non-catholic presence tho
>>
>>1189894
>>1189957
>>1190000
>>1190476
fuck off, Adam
>>
>>1189968
the razor's edge
>>
File: irl green pill.jpg (331 KB, 1646x1320) Image search: [Google]
irl green pill.jpg
331 KB, 1646x1320
It is simply a religion for post-christian atheists/snowflakes/scifi fans.

Mainstream religions have been eviscerated that people either become "Godless Christians": Liberal-universalist and soft-communist; Nihilists: Buddhists, Atheists, Neo-Stoics, etc, Liberal Humanists (Whig history, Heaven on Earth through liberal humanism), or, they grope around for religions that appeal to the 21st century mind. SO, the Gnostic is essentially a Neo-Plationist, or Monist, or someone that believes that "God" is simply a necessity. The anti-materialism also appeals to a part of society that is alienated by post-industrial society. Living in a society where you are surrounded by millions of people more able than yourself is harmful and unnatural to man. It is no wonder that in order to escape intellectual mediocrity they claim to have an ultimate knowledge that only they, or their small elite, are aware of (see: new atheism, /r/redpill). This elevates themselves to the zenith of human knowledge since they "Know" the ultimate truth. To protect themselves from discourse they assert that the knowledge cannot be spoken of, only "experienced" by a select few, and that anyone that disagrees is an agent of the Archons.

They ought to just call themselves neo-Platonists and then engage with people that disagree. Either that, or live by ''Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.''

>pic related: Euphoria
>>
>>1190439
>Anyone who's not a YEC Evangelical Protestant that doesn't shitpost daily and does nothing, but mock Catholics gets shit on
Fixed
>>
I felt like writing a large post on Gnosticism and Neoplatonism, but it would fall on deaf ears and plunge to the bottom of the page between one unfunny maymay and another.

This place has gone to shit. On /x/ if you write a well researched post and get an answer like, oh yeah, I disagree because I tripped on a mushroom once. Where we can go to discuss this kind of stuff?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.