[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conscious vs sub-conscious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 401x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 401x494
Many philosophical debates can be boiled down to the basic conflict between common human interest from a societal stand point and the often times selfish biological nature of human beings. Sub-conscious behavior obviously heavily influences conscious behavior. But another question we arise at is how much of our sub conscious behavior is socially conditioned vs biological. Of course even those to things are related to each other as being socially conditioned to partake in certain behaviors is ultimately the result of our Evolution as human beings.

Please help me understand 4chan
>>
>>1189402
You mean "unconscious", not "subconscious". Subconscious processes occur unconsciously, but not all unconscious processes are subconscious.

Anyway, it seems that you need to acquaint yourself with the basics of philosophy, so read, instead of starting inane threads that only serve to evince your ignorance and lack of insight.
>>
>>1189402
everything is a simulation, you're not even talking to real people
>>
>>1189421
yeah basically this
>>
I say many times we fall prey to our not conscious selves, as if the conciousness is just a tool.

Is it too far off out think that every human contains two different persons?
>>
>>1190516
>Two different people
You're just personifying desires and impulses.

>Fall prey to our conscious selves
What are you even trying to say?
>>
Rei already mapped this issue.
>>
File: image.jpg (532 KB, 1536x1957) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
532 KB, 1536x1957
>>1191448
Forgot pic
>>
>>1189402
>But another question we arise at is how much of our sub conscious behavior is socially conditioned vs biological.

It's all of both. Your brain contains the structures to host various neural "agents" that do your thinking for you, but what they think is entirely culturally determined. It's like language, all humans are born with the ability to learn language, but the language they learn depends on what their parents teach it.
>>
>>1189421
>Anyway, it seems that you need to acquaint yourself with the basics of philosophy, so read, instead of starting inane threads that only serve to evince your ignorance and lack of insight.
This is valid for every subject and should be stickied.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 384x384
>>1191450
We're all just CMYK fragments trying to piece ourselves together...
>>
>>1191450
Funny, in my own "philosophical" writings I came to the same conclusion that true self-perception is impossible and therefore the 'self' is imagined.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.