[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /his, I was hoping some knowledgeable individuals could help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: AbsolutelyJurassic.jpg (554 KB, 1090x1090) Image search: [Google]
AbsolutelyJurassic.jpg
554 KB, 1090x1090
Hey /his, I was hoping some knowledgeable individuals could help me out.

I'm looking for an instance in history where a large colonial empire was caught red-handed in some sort of scandal regarding something that happened in a small foreign colony under their supervision, preferably having to relate with exploiting the local indigenous people in some way.

I'm looking for specific incidents and specific locations. I know this had to have happened at some point in history, so can anyone place my scenario?

pic unrelated.
>>
>>1188339
Reddit. Fuck off back there.
>>
>>1188358
lol i dont even have a reddit account
>>
>>1188430
>/his
>>
Well thanks for proving my theory that this site is useless
>>
>>1188339
Colonialism isn't really my strong point but I can try. The Holy Roman Emperor and king of Spain, Charles V, told the conquistadors and colonists to stop forcing native Americans to be encomiendas but he was denied. Sorry if it's not what you're looking for, I don't know any specific points on the top of my head
>>
>>1189506
We're not here to be useful to you. Seriously, just get a reddit account. The whole point of that website is that people are looking for validation.
>>
Congo Free State?
>>
>>1189681
I'm pretty sure leopold's violence was an open secret during his time
>>
Belgium and The Congo? The shit Leopold II did to the natives makes most horror stories of colonialism look like Care Bear Land. People even at the time thought he he was a monster.
>>
>>1189690
Care Bears are pretty terrifying. I'm from Reddit btw.
>>
Congo Free State is probably your best example of colonial abuse being uncovered by the International scene, anon.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.