[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tito was the best dictator of the 20th century and quite possibly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14
File: images (42).jpg (16 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
images (42).jpg
16 KB, 332x443
Tito was the best dictator of the 20th century and quite possibly the best leader the Balkans have had for centuries.
>>
Didn't he BTFO Stalin at some point because of a failed assassination?
>>
>>1186449
Yes

Stalin allegedly sent several failed assassins and Tito said "stop or I will only have to send one"
>>
fuck off commie shit
>>
>>1186452
Is it true or just a meme?
>>
>>1186511
Probably a meme. Balkan folks like to make up stories
>>
>>1186507
boo
>>
>the best leader the Balkans have had for centuries.

Bill Clinton.
>>
>>1186511
It seems supported by historians
>>
>you will never be ruled by based Tito
>>
File: 1460831448652.jpg (83 KB, 960x577) Image search: [Google]
1460831448652.jpg
83 KB, 960x577
Kek.
>Who is Pinochet?
>Who is Franco?
Both of them made their countries on the good truck to become somehow wealthy,while the Balkans remain mostly a shithole. Only leftypol could claim that this moron is better than the ones mentioned above.
>>
>>1186511
Of course a meme
>>
>>1186599
Spain and Chile are still shitholes though.
>>
>>1186599
>while the Balkans remain mostly a shithole
croatia and slovenia are having it pretty good tbfh pham
>>
File: 1462210054931.jpg (46 KB, 301x314) Image search: [Google]
1462210054931.jpg
46 KB, 301x314
>>1186613
Kek. Just compared the progress m8. And Spain is wealthier than 90% of the world. Only leftcucks can praise an idiot like Tito
>>
>>1186619
Croatia is poorer than Chile,which tells you how fucked they are. Slovenia is doing better tho,but not thanks to that retard.
>>
>>1186622
Thank Catalans and Basques for that, despite Franco's best efforts.

The rest of Spain is literally Slav tier.
>>
Why limit the criteria to dictators? He's one of the great leaders of all time.

He's proof that you don't need democracy to have a strong country.
>>
>>1186636
>despite Franco's best efforts.
You know that Franco moved Seat to Catalonia right? Those regions have been the most priviledged in history. Btw yellow provinces in Spain are mostly unpopulated,and you forgot about Madrid,that is way wealthier than Catalonia. You should not talk about something that you have no clue about
>>
>>1186658
>He's proof that you don't need democracy to have a strong country.
Yeah,Ex yugoslavia countries are an example to the world in terms of progress,technology and industry.
>>
>>1186659
> Btw yellow provinces in Spain are mostly unpopulated,
That would be relevant were it not for the fact that the map is documenting purchasing power per inhabitant.
>and you forgot about Madrid,that is way wealthier than Catalonia.
The major city is rich, colour me shocked.
I guess that totally redeems Turkey as a non-shithole too.
>>
>>1186636
and Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, Navarre, Sevilla, Malaga, Madrid.
>>
File: 13785_THUMB_IPAD.jpg (207 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
13785_THUMB_IPAD.jpg
207 KB, 1024x640
>>1186673
>purchasing power density
Do you even know what your map is about. If we take a map of GDP per capita of Spain. Voila,you see that the northern part with low population has actually a higher purchasing power than your map that represents DENSITY OF PURCHASING POWER.
>The major city is rich, colour me shocked.I guess that totally redeems Turkey as a non-shithole too.
Madrid has the biggest industrial complex in Spain,is not the whole comunity retard. As I said you are an unimformed moron that doesnt know what he is talking about. That is why you praise retards like Tito.
>>
>>1186666
Their current state is exactly why they need a strong leader you moron.

There's a reason why the West hated (and still hates) Tito. He showed the world that the South Slavs are a force to be reckoned with and aren't anyone's puppets. Of course the West had to constantly meddle in Yugo affairs after Titos death in order to divide and conquer. It's because they fear a united resistance.
>>
>>1186695
>DENSITY OF PURCHASING POWER.
Here
>Purchasing power per inhabitant in millions of euro per km

>Madrid has the biggest industrial complex in Spain,is not the whole comunity retard
The latter half of that sentence makes no sense.

>That is why you praise retards like Tito.
I didn't praise Tito, I just pointed out that Chile and Spain are still shitholes so I dunno what you're praising Franco and Pinochet for.

Oh wait, I do know. To be edgy.
>>
>>1186707
>The West feared the South Slavs

Keep telling yourself that buddy.
>>
>>1186715
Then why did they have to resort to divide and conquer if they didn't fear them?
>>
>>1186707
The west didn't fear him at all. His relations with the west were good.
>>
>>1186723
How did they allow themselves to be divided and toyed with if they are so almighty?
>>
>>1186723
The Serbs did that on their own.
>>
>>1186711
Then your map is wrong. This is the official data. As the south of Spain is 20% poorer than the interior on average.
And Spain is in the top 10% of wealthiest nations in the world I dont know how is that considered a shithole compared to the 6000$ a year of Serbia. Croatia,the second wealthiest ex yu country is poorer than Chile.
>>
>>1186727
The west had good relations with soviets and china during detente

>>1186732
Because of greedy asshole traitors. Croats, Slovenians, mudslimes, etc. all wanted more money/power, taking bribes from the West to separate even though they were treated very well in the Yugo state.

>>1186734
See above, it was the West.
>>
>>1186742
Spain is literally poorer per capita than Ireland by a wide margin despite the fact that 100 years ago it was an agrarian shithole and spent the 20th century being fanatically Catholic as well. The difference is one was democratic whereas one had a dictator that shit the bed over the concept of a republic.

Also notice how it's barely richer than Slovenia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita
>>
>>1186751
Ireland is wealthier than 90% of Europe retard. Hell they are wealthier than countries like Sweden or Britain. How can you be such a moron?
>>
>>1186442
>best dictator of the 20th century

That's not how you write Lee Kuan Yew's name.
>>
>>1186751
>The difference is one was democratic whereas one had a dictator that shit the bed over the concept of a republic.
More like, one recieved currently a huge boost in their economy for putting a low corporate tax and have a 4 million, and recieved huge investments in IT and for american comapanies,while the other didnt. You are the king of morons.
>>
File: 15062909.jpg (44 KB, 320x415) Image search: [Google]
15062909.jpg
44 KB, 320x415
>>1186442
Nah.
>>
>>1186762
I know.

And for all Spain's population, industry and historical success you have to wonder why it's such a shithole compared to a country as irrelevant as Ireland. And your answer is for certain because Franco was a retard.

Even look at this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita

Spain's growth between 1950-1973 is barely a step above the USSR.
>>
>>1186751
>Also notice how it's barely richer than Slovenia.
It is the same difference that there is between the UK and Spain. Is the UK a total shithole then as it is barely wealthier than Spain?
>>
File: 0.png (178 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
0.png
178 KB, 480x480
>>1186769
>One instituted wise fiscal policies.
>One didn't
>Somehow this makes Spain less of an economically illiterate shitcan.
>>
>>1186782
Because Spain was embargoed in the 50s after a civil war? And when the US stopped sabotaging Franco the country grew 10% anually? You should learn about history before comenting crap.
>>
>>1186787
The difference between Slovenia and the UK is drastic.
The difference between Spain and Slovenia, less so.
>>
>>1186791
You are forgetting the difference in population. Apple paying most of their taxes in Ireland brings more revenue per capita that it would bring to a country with 10 times its population. This is simple stuff.
>>
>>1186796
The fact that Spain got embargoed is once again Franco's fault for chimping out and deposing the legitimate democratically elected government.
>>
>>1186799
And the difference between the UK and Spain is no so drastic either. Using your dumb logic the UK is almost as poor as Spain.
>>
>>1186808
There's a big difference between little richer than an ex-communist shithole, and being little richer than the country that is little richer of an ex-communist shithole.
>>
>>1186803
Then the slow growth in the 50s is not his fault. See,you are just proving me right. Btw the democratic goverment was not legitimate as they broke the law killing the leader of the opposition. Yous should read before posting crap,you are just making yourself look like a moron
>>
>>1186810
The difference is the same. You havent answer my question is the UK a shithole?They have the same difference in GDP per capita as Spain with Slovenia,which you called slight. So as Spain is a pooor shithole and the difference between the UK and Spain is slight,the UK is a shithole for you
>>
>>1186599
Lmao is that Bernie Sanders?
>>
File: 1462889763218.png (282 KB, 852x554) Image search: [Google]
1462889763218.png
282 KB, 852x554
>>1186815
>It's not his fault
>Even though he started the war and imposed a fascist dictatorship.

>The republic supposedly broke the law
>This justifies Franco commiting high-treason, shitting all over the law, terrorizing the entire country and crashing the economy with no survivors.
>>
>>1186826
Here is the fault in your logic.

If you count the country that is over 10,000 richer than the richest ex-communist country as a shithole, because you count the intermediate country as a shithole, then logically you would have to keep going until every country on the planet is a shithole because it's a little richer than the last one.

Is the UK a shithole? Not really. Is the fact that Spain is barely richer than Slovenia laughable? Absolutely.
>>
>>1186834
>Even though he started the war and imposed a fascist dictatorship.
He didnt start the law. If the goverment kills the leader of the opposition the army has a pretty damn good reason to make a coup. Franco wss not a fascist btw.
> crashing the economy with no survivors.
Spain was in a recession before the war.
Why do you like to make a fool out of yourself?
>>
>>1186844
4000 difference is slight to you? How? If I just stole 4000 bucks from a regular guy it wouldnt hurt him? Spain is in the same level as Italy,and Italy has always been richer.
>>
>>1186847
>He didnt start the law. If the goverment kills the leader of the opposition the army has a pretty damn good reason to make a coup. Franco wss not a fascist btw.
1. If you are talking about Primo De Rivera he wasn't assassinated, he was executed for possessing weapons in prison with conspiracy against the republic.
2. That's not a good reason to make a coup.

>Spain was in a recession before the war.
Well thanks to Franco it gets to keep it up after the war too.
>>
>>1186749
Is this how commies usually argue. Just blame everything on the west
>>
>>1186856
Let me put it to you this way.

Where do you draw the line in terms of GDP per capita for a country being a shithole?
>>
>>1186873
>If you are talking about Primo De Rivera he wasn't assassinated, he was executed for possessing weapons in prison with conspiracy against the republic.
Peimo de Rivera was killed during the war. I am talking about the leader of the opposition Calvo Sotelo,that was killed by the goverment,hiring thugs with public money,if that is not a reason to make a coup,I dont really think what it is.
>>
>>1186893
Jose wasn't killed by the state, he was killed by leftist militia men.
>>
>>1186886
15000/12000 $ a year more or less. A country that gets above 30k $ a year is far from a shithole,you probably have see very little outside of your country if you think other wise.
>>
>>1186904
Do you know who were the thugs? They were the body guard of the minister of defence. You dont have to be very smart to connect the dots.>>1186905
>>
>>1186905
So most ex-yugo countries aren't shitholes then?
>>
>>1186449
Stalin once asked Tito to visit Moscow so they could have a "personal meeting". Tito was like "lol no"
>>
>>1186910
>You dont have to be very smart to connect the dots
Yes, that's what every conspiracy theorist says.
>>
>>1186927
>The minister of defence's body guard (more than one person)kills the leader of the opposition
>You are crazy if you think that there is any relationship.
>>
>>1186941
More like
>You are crazy if you think the evidence is so compelling, and this is so heinous that it's worth destroying the country over.
>>
>>1186831
Yup
>>
File: Antonio_Salazar-1.jpg (374 KB, 1195x1600) Image search: [Google]
Antonio_Salazar-1.jpg
374 KB, 1195x1600
>>1186442
Park Chung-Hee and Antonio Salazar are right up there with Tito.
>>
File: Antonio_Salazar.jpg (26 KB, 356x496) Image search: [Google]
Antonio_Salazar.jpg
26 KB, 356x496
>>1186442
Tito was good, but Salazar takes the title as best dictator of the 20th century.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>1186831
Nope, Tom Lehrer.
>>
File: saddam hussein iraq vs now.jpg (34 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
saddam hussein iraq vs now.jpg
34 KB, 320x320
>>1186442
>Saddam Hussein was the best dictator of the 20th century and quite possibly the best leader Iraq has had for centuries
>>
>>1186442
Dunno, if he was so amazing, then why didn't he set up a proper system that would persist beyond his death. The balkan wars are some of the biggest clusterfucks of history, and now Yugoslavia is like 100 different countries.
>>
>>1186442

>best dictator of the 20th century

That would be Mustafa Kemal of Turkey.

>Won a war while being outnumbered by Greeks, Armenians, French and Ottoman loyalist and Kurdish rebels. While all of his opponents had direct British support.

>Turned Islamic orianted, mutt of people who came from all sorts of origins from Central Asia to Europe and from Russia/Slavlands to Egypt and Iran to embarace a newly created identity and called it ''Turkish''

>He secularized and educated unclothed, illiterate masses of Anatolians and Balkan refugees

>Industrialized the country so fast that before the start of WW2, they were exporting fucking planes to Netherlands.

You could also say that he is the reason that ''Turks'' suffer from Kurdish insurgency today since he forced Kurds to be part of newly created Turkish homeland.
>>
>>1189730
As I said earlier, the west purposely split apart Yugoslavia because they were afraid of a strong nation in the Balkans that didn't suck its dick at every turn.
>>
>>1186442
Franco was probably better. When he died his country didn't go into civil war like Yugoslavia. Sure there were some explosions but nothing like the conflicts in Yugoslavia.
>>
>>1191233
>exporting fucking planes to Netherlands.
Proofs?
>>
>>1191380
That's because they already HAD the civil war, where both sides went wholesale-slaughter
>>
>>1186599
Pinochet was shit tire, the only reason why he "succeeded" is because he replanted some Allende policies that worked
Also
>Franco
>Good
>>
>>1189729

Interfactionalisic violence due to literally centuries of bad blood between Middle Eastern tribes.

Also note that ! WRITER, 1 PRODUCER actually means Saddam.
>>
>>1191486
>he replanted some Allende policies that worked
Which one. Mr 600% inflation in 3 years did nothing right. Pinochet set the path of the current Chilean economy whoch we all know that turned out great.
>>
>>1186442

I dunno. /his/ is in fucking love with Lee Kuan Yew.

Then again, their diplomatic successes (read: bullying, lying and threatening) is a bloody testament as to how good he was, I think.
>>
>>1191481
I'm just comparing the impact left when both dictators died. Tito left a country in war where as Franco left a country is relative peace. Franco did lead Spain through the civil war and that's how he got his position but Tito was also the leader of the Yugoslav partisans during WW2.
>>
>>1186527
Le xDd nice meymey
>>
>>1191515
>i-it was capitalist saboteurs
>b-bourgeois propaganda
>s-spooky
>>
File: chile_poverty.jpg_1718483346.jpg (120 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
chile_poverty.jpg_1718483346.jpg
120 KB, 600x340
>>1191515
>Turned out great
Chile is a fucking shithole.
>>
>>1191473
not that guy but I think he meant this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THK-5
>>
>>1189697
Salazar had an edge of insanity that fucked him up in the end.
>>
>>1186776
I came to say this one, Park Chung Hee was based as fuck.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.