[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain the origin of the bible to me as if I'm a five year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (60 KB, 345x233) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
60 KB, 345x233
Explain the origin of the bible to me as if I'm a five year old.
Who/what did god evolve from? (I keep hearing things about polytheistic sects, I want to know more about these)
Who wrote what in the bible and when? Who chose what was canon and what wasn't?

Maybe I'm an idiot but every time I try to find answers with Google I get rediculous websites that claim Moses wrote Genesis and it was divinely inspired. Wikipedia isn't much good either. Do you have any tips or good links for studying this sort or stuff?
>>
>>1296124

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8584629&postcount=61

the whole thread is good but this and the other posts by Piggy are especially well-founded.
>>
>>1296124
The first book written may have been Job, as Job likely lived at the time of Abraham, not long after the Flood.

The first five books of the bible were written by Moses, and finished by Joshua, about 3500 years ago. Then there is some history, some prophecy, some songs, some wisdom, more prophecy, and then some more prophecy. The 39 books of the Old Testament were finished around 400 BC.

Jesus rose in April of 32 AD, and the eyewitnesses started writing their accounts at some time after that, but before 70 AD, the year the Temple was destroyed. Only one book, the last book of the 27 books of the New Testament, was written for sure after 70 AD, and that is the Revelation, written by John the Revelator.

The 66 books of the bible, written by about 40 men over a period of about 1500 years were all inspired by the Holy Spirit of God, Who brought all things to their remembrance.

After all of the eyewitnesses died, the books of the New Testament were widely disseminated and shared in many countries so that we have tens of thousands of manuscript copies, some parts of which date all the way back to 120 AD, about 25 years after the bible was completed.

Several churches put the 66 books of the bible into canons, with some variations, but any canon with more than 66 books includes books that are admittedly not inspired by God, not written by eyewitnesses, and contradict something that is in the bible.

Until very recently, the bible was the best selling book of all time. I believe they have now printed more qur'ans than bibles, and there are more muslims than christians on earth today.
>>
>>1296176
They're absolute garbage. What Piggys eat.
>>
>>1296176
El is not YHWH.

El had children; Ba'al, Molech and Asheroth. These are all demon gods.

Anyone who says El is the same as YHWH is a fool. And there is no fool but a damned fool.
>>
>>1296201
>>1296212
>>1296222
>being this mentally retarded

Phew lad
>>
>>1296281
>I have no rebuttal. I know, I'll call him retarded!
>>
>>1296176
Good read, thanks.
Any more?
>>
Jewish people lived in a desert and were ignorant and basically stupid so they believed in any shit there were told by leaders of their communities. They worshiped the desert because it was powerful and often their lives depended on weather and harvest. They believed that desert is a live creature in some sort of way. These beliefs begun forming into myths. Myths spread between communities and formed something we now call pantheon. Some preachers called rabbis started to claim that they know best what god-nature wants and what should people do and believe to get to paradise. After some time pantheon became a religion. All the good that exists in the world was represented by God, and all the evil by Satan. Preaches took control of groups of people as they feared to make the all powerful god angry. A couple of stories and myths that were more successfully designed were put in a holy book and formed what we call the old testament. As you may now, not all stories and parables about God are in the bible. And then Jesus came along... Something like that if you ask me.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.