[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: dentist.jpg (227 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
dentist.jpg
227 KB, 1600x1067
Who here undergrad/grad/Phd for history or humanities?

Personally love religious studies and philosophy of science but chose money instead of passion. Did I make a mistake?
>>
>>1184222
Meh. Probably not. Did your parents pay for college?
>>
No. Did a double major, Religious Studies and Medieval and Renaissance Studies, graduated magna cum laude, presented undergrad papers at conferences and represented by university at a national congress of humanities. Have not been able to move forward in the field, have not been able to get into Master's programs, contemplating suicide but the last one is not on my degree.

Stay out, do something worthwhile, give back to society, lurk /his/ and read.
>>
>>1184230
Yup but not any schooling after, which by the way , one semester cost more than my undergrad.
>>
>>1184238
Really no master's progams? Did you try a private/christian university or anything? Seems like you might even be able to jump to doctorate with that CV.
>>
File: Canada.jpg (122 KB, 523x500) Image search: [Google]
Canada.jpg
122 KB, 523x500
>>1184248
My dad got sick, so I took a couple years off to help him. Then trying to get back in, both with work and schooling, it's, "Why is there this gap in your resume? Two missing years doesn't look good, especially because you listened to guidance councillors and did extra schoolwork instead of getting a real job in the summers."

Doesn't help that I'm Canadian and shit at conversational French. If I really worked it, I might find a place, but talking to people I know who kept going it's a hell of a slog to make it anywhere near teaching at the university level, which is where I want to be ideally.
>>
>>1184278
you should try some private US schools in the midwest. They take more people to fill their grad schools and have less applications because nobody knows about them.
>>
File: Despair.png (21 KB, 176x232) Image search: [Google]
Despair.png
21 KB, 176x232
>>1184296
Appreciate the advice. If I grow a third kidney, I'll sell all three and try it.

Not trying to be sarcastic, I appreciate it. It just eats away at me that my degree is getting stale-dated, and I ruined my credit rating and savings over those two years being stubborn and unwise, so I'm laying in my own bed.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.