[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is truth a spook?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Stirner.jpg (5 KB, 160x189) Image search: [Google]
Stirner.jpg
5 KB, 160x189
Is truth a spook?
>>
Spook is a spook.
>>
>>1183666
This
>>
File: max.png (282 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
max.png
282 KB, 1920x1080
>>1183661
Can truth control you? Can you serve the truth to the detriment of your own self?
>>
File: Hide_Stirner_Threads.png (41 KB, 1020x740) Image search: [Google]
Hide_Stirner_Threads.png
41 KB, 1020x740
>>
>>1183661

Yes, no and probably.
>>
Truth in the sense of reality, not so much. Truth as an ideal we must conform to against our own egoism, very much.
>>
He says pretty clearly that the pursuit of truth as some sort of higher ought fits the definition of a spook pretty readily.
>>
>>1183661
Was Stirner the most worthless philosopher of the modern era?
>>
>>1187624
Hardly. While he's rather obscure, his work was more or less responsible for utterly trashing the ideological side of left-Hegelianism.
>>
>>1183661
Spooking spooks is a spooky spook of a spook
>>
File: original.jpg (12 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
12 KB, 264x191
The will to truth is no spook.
>>
>>1183661

Truth, maybe.

Skeletons, definitely.
>>
>>1183661
There are categories of knowing. For example, Sense perception(empirical knowledge), reason (conceptual knowledge), pure concept (time and space using mathematics), and emotionality.

Each way of knowing is a category of truth, empirical truth, logical truth, mathematical truth, subjective truth.

So truth is relative to the category.
>>
Wow, look at all the people that got spooked
>>
No, now go away you anarchist cuck.
>>
I'm reading the Cambridge university press version of the ego and its own and nowhere do I see the word spook in it. Its not even in the index. Did I get a bad translation
>>
>>1192809
The original German word is Geist. Spook just comes up in the most common English translation.

Frankly, I didn't even know there was an alternate English translation.
>>
>>1193167
Nope, I read the german version and he does use "Spuk" und "Gespenst" which mean ghost or spook
>>
>>1193298
Really? Well I never did, so I'll admit error here. Not sure where I heard that thing about geist, so I'll blame Wikipedia.
>>
>>1193338
Different guy here but "Geist", "Spuk" and "Gespenst" are pretty much synanymous, so don't sweat it.
>>
>>1193338
>>1193364
Stirner did use "Geist" quite a lot but in a different context
>>
Truth isnt, evidence is.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.