[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to live a good life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: Girl with a pearl earring.jpg (568 KB, 1280x1498) Image search: [Google]
Girl with a pearl earring.jpg
568 KB, 1280x1498
I do not know what I am going to immediately do with my life after college. I wouldn't mind living what people consider a minimum wage existence. As long as I live well below my means and am still able to live a comfortable and meaningful life. By meaningful I mean a life filled with joy and happiness, while at the same time still completing those desires that I set out to achieve.

What is your criticism of my life?

how would you say you live your life?

If none of that made any sense or if you clarification on what I have said please let me know. I was the guy posting earlier in other threads about being on drugs. I'm sort of on the come down now. So if any of my spelling or grammar is fucked, please do not hesitate to point it our. I need to learn from my mistakes.
>>
>asking people from a Vietnamese Painting Sweatshop on how to live a good life
>>
File: BESAME.jpg (419 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
BESAME.jpg
419 KB, 1024x1024
>>1180191

Well philosophy is a humanity and this board is called History & Humanities, so I want to see how the posters on this board lived their lives and I want to discuss what is the Ideal Life?
>>
>>1180182
Eat your vegetables and wash behind your ears. There.
>>
>>1180237

But really how do you live your life?

This is an anonymous taiwanese noodle preparation forum, so I mean you can be as honest as you want to be. but you can never force others to fit the mold you've created for them
>>
>>1180182

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effective_altruism
>>
>>1180322
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effective_altruism

I don't care about improving the world. What makes one's life good?
>>
>>1180331
Practicing stoicism.

But do so in a way that is appealing to you and under no circumstances tell anyone about it.

It takes work but it lowered my anxiety and makes making choices so much easier. I also find myself more content with my situation instead of always wanting more.
>>
>>1180472

How would I go about practicing stoicism, I mean what does that entail?
>>
>>1180533

Ah thanks for the insight.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.