[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mysterious Figures of History
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: Comte_de_Saint_Germain.jpg (70 KB, 279x277) Image search: [Google]
Comte_de_Saint_Germain.jpg
70 KB, 279x277
This is a thread for history's fascinating figures of intrigue with powers that shouldn't exist by conventional understanding. The only condition is that their powers or gifts be more than rumored, but well documented historically. So no magicians.

>Michel de Nostradamus
>Count of St. Germain
>Kasper Hauser
>Crazy Horse
>Wyatt Earp
>Rasputin
>Edgar Cayce
>Ze Arigo
>Nikola Tesla
>Edward Leedskalnin
>>
>no magicians
>mentions Raspumeme

Way to fuck up.
>>
>>1179841
Rasputin wasn't a magician. Try harder. Actually don't. Just leave.
>>
>>1179847
Rasputin is a meme. You mention there shouldn't be any rumors, but almost everything extraordinary about Rasputin is just a fucking meme myth. He didn't have a 20 inch cock, he didn't cuck the king and he sure as fuck didn't survive three different assassination attempts, autopsy proved he died of a gunshot wound and the entire bullshit story was invented by Yusupov in order to demonize him and justify a fucking murder.

The only really weird thing that happened was the entire disease curing deal and even then we'll never know how much of that was his doing.
>>
>>1179863
You need to let go of your Fruedian grip of some hearsay you keep passing off here and in the last thread to sound like you know about something you don't.

He had a reading done with some psychic at one point who told him he would be poisoned, shot, and finally drowned. All of which happened. You can't deny the forensic evidence, much less his body pulled from the water and photographed.

You know someone is full of it when they try to deny facts of an event less than 100 years ago.
>>
>>1179892
The forensic evidence PROVED he died of gunshot, it's in the official autopsy record, look it up. The meme about drowning was invented later.
>>
>>1179897
Oh sorry. It looks like you may be right. I say may, because it looks like they incinerated the body and the autopsy wasn't in-depth enough to rule out falsehoods in the accounts of his murderers.

He was still shot three times though, which implies that he really did wake up from a drunken stupor and escape after already being shot once. But I'll give you the poison point.

Also, the thing about his coat forming an air bell and carrying him away from the sea sounds nothing short of miraculous. It's like everything that could possibly have backfired on his killers, did.
>>
>>1179892

>He had a reading done with some psychic at one point

fake and gay
>>
>>1179961

>Also, the thing about his coat forming an air bell and carrying him away from the sea sounds nothing short of miraculous.

????

you mean wind?
>>
>>1179961
Nigga what sea?
>>
>>1179800
How is Wyatt Earp a "mysterious figure"?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Holden
>To date, the only source for Holden's existence is Samuel Chamberlain's My Confession, an autobiographical account. Chamberlain described Holden as well-spoken, intelligent and physically quite large. He also described Holden as perhaps the most ruthless of the roving band of killers led by Glanton.
>>
Who is SUBAM?
>>
File: cia says bane.gif (2 MB, 371x500) Image search: [Google]
cia says bane.gif
2 MB, 371x500
>>1180027
>well-spoken, intelligent and physically quite large
>>
>>1180022
He never got shot once in his life, despite being in the most duels and bulletholes through his clothes.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
> Saint-Germain
What was the secret to his immortality?
>>
>>1179847
>>1179841
Actually he was Russia's greatest love machine
>>
>>1179863
He survived one attempt to be poisoned because Yusupov was a retard.
>>
>>1181955
What's weird is that the psychic told him he would be poisoned and he was by confession.

YET THEY FOUND NO ARSENIC IN HIS BODY.

Dun-dun-dun.

Also, his hands had been tied up, yet were found stretched out? How does a rope break? Much less a rope around the hands of a dead person, in an ice cold river. Rigor mortis should have kept his arms from moving.
>>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare
Check this guy. He was hungry all the time, being able to eat a meal for 15 people in a single sitting, ate live cats, snakes, lizards and puppies, he even suspected to ate new 14-month-old child alive that one time. There is something really strange here.
>>
>>1181974
> THEY FOUND NO ARSENIC
He was poisoned by cyanide in cakes and sweets Cyanide is the poison that countered by glucose.
>>
File: companions.jpg (161 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
companions.jpg
161 KB, 1600x900
>>1181948
It wasn't even just him. His butler too was immortal, or at least immortal enough that the Count would forget how long they had been together during casual conversation.
>>
File: 220px-DBCooper.jpg (12 KB, 220x261) Image search: [Google]
220px-DBCooper.jpg
12 KB, 220x261
Who was him?
>>
>>1182009
No-one special. Just some suicidal maniac or a discombobulated drunk who forgot his parachute.

He probably had a parachute and it probably worked but he still hit the forest hard and lost the briefcase among the branches.

Then he woke up from his stupor, or crawled away with a concussion, while someone else found the spilled out money and kept as much as they could find.
>>
>>1181983
Geeks are gross. Bottom tier act.
>>
Guy Goma
Piano Man
Michael Fagan
The Masked Magician (technically an illusionist, not a magician)
>>
>>1182000
Ah cool thanks.

He still survived it.
>>
File: ChildrensofFatima.jpg (2 MB, 886x1417) Image search: [Google]
ChildrensofFatima.jpg
2 MB, 886x1417
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%BAcia_Santos
>>
http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/blog.aspx?id=11613&blogid=445

>"[Archangel] Michael's message was given with such force that I could hear the windows rattling in their frames in our home. I could even hear the cups rattling in the dish drainer in the kitchen. The vibrations nearly knocked us all out of our chairs." – Hugh Lynn Cayce describing the appearance of Archangel Michael in one of his father's readings.

>At the height of her renown in 1941, the child "oracle" was featured on popular radio shows, written about in Time magazine, had a weekly newspaper column, and was pursued by a movie studio. The whirlwind of attention was the result of psychic pronouncements that Faith's mother claimed her daughter would scribble on drawing paper or deliver in a state of near ecstasy.
>Reading 2156-1 describes her as "a chosen channel of… love which the Father hath bestowed upon the children of men." This and the next reading suggested that she would never have a normal childhood, because she was not a normal child, having been born with gifts beyond those of even Edgar Cayce.
>According to Cayce, previous to her present incarnation, she had been Saint Cecilia, the patron saint of musicians; and before that, Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist and cousin of the Virgin Mary. She had, it seemed, represented female energy since the dawn of time, when, as the reading said, "the sons of God came together to announce… a way being opened for the… souls of God's creation."

She's still alive. She attended the first A.R.E. conference 84 years after it was set up for her, last year.

Unfortunately, the A.R.E. is run by a bunch of old snobs who keep the Readings behind a pay gate and use a Cayce reading as justification for it; ("A tub must stand on its own bottom." Even though that's saying that it will stand without needing to be held up by another party).
>>
File: faith-Harding-in-front-of-tree.jpg (37 KB, 280x274) Image search: [Google]
faith-Harding-in-front-of-tree.jpg
37 KB, 280x274
>>1182135
There's a picture of her now, somewhere on the A.R.E. Facebook page, but i'm not going to look for it.
>>
>>1182095
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%BAcia_Santos
What a fucking disgrace I tell ya
>>
>>1182150
What are you talking about?
>>
>>1181983
Disgusting, but intriguing nonetheless.

I wonder what he did in a past-life to have gotten to that point.
>>
File: Byakugan!.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Byakugan!.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
Anyone know any of the following?

>big Viking guy in early A.D. that was appointed to watch over a bridge.He single-handedly held back armies by himself. He only died because some soldiers crawled under the bridge and stabbed him in gnads through a crack in the floorboards.
>a German (I believe) sniper who was so good that when they were fighting the Russians in WWII, they said that they would surrender on the condition that he stop shooting.
>a guy named Peter something, that fell off a ladder and hit his head. When he woke up, he found that he could read minds. He became a private eye, and I think he's where the "aura residuals on items" thing came from where you bring a psychic an item belonging to someone to locate them.
>some psychic lady who looked for a missing girl that was a huge commotion. She named the exact house, but once the police went there, the guy denied she was there. Like a year later the girl appears and it turns out she had runaway because she was pregnant with that guy's child.
>>
>>1181983
the first american
>>
>>1182495
Eheheheheh
>>
>>1179800
What's mysterious about Crazy Horse apart from a weird dream?
>>
>>1182462

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stamford_Bridge
>>
>>1179800
Nicholas Hawksmoor.
Zodiac Killer.
Dyatlov Pass.
>>
>>1182705
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stamford_Bridge
Thank you kindly my friend.
>So many died in an area so small that the field was said to have been still whitened with bleached bones 50 years after the battle.
I wonder what it means by "bleached bones."

>>1182666
He and his horse, like Wyatt Earp were never shot.
>>
Mysterious Legend. A beautiful young woman in her early twenties checked into the Graham Springs Hotel, later known as Harrodsburg Springs Hotel. She stated her name was Virginia Stafford, daughter of a prominent judge in Louisville. That night, as music played in the ballroom, she came downstairs and began dancing with various partners. She danced passionately, and at the end of the evening, her final partner realized that, to his horror, she had literally died in his arms. It has been said that a Judge Stafford did exist, but he did not have a daughter named Virginia. The shocked staff and guests held a funeral for the beautiful young woman and she was buried on the hotel's property which later burned and is now a public park. Very little is known about the mysterious dancing lady. Approximately sixty years after the incident, supposedly a man named Adams mentioned the story to a Mr. Rupp. Mr. Rupp stated that when he was ten years old, a gentlman named Joe Sewell told him that his second wife danced herself to death in Harrodsburg. They had a small son together, who then was raised in Laurel County with her family, and that her maiden name was Molly Black. This information has never been verified, but even if true, what really happened to her? The metal marker over her grave reads "UNKNOWN - Hallowed and Hushed be the place of the dead. Step Softly. Bow Head." Locals claim that this mysterious girl still returns to the site, and has been seen lingering in the moonlight, slowly dancing and twirling to music that only she can hear... still recalling that tragic night so long ago.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8500737
>>
>>1181952
>listening to dindu music
>>
>>1182753
Mr. Dyatlov Pass was a very mysterious man.
>>
>>1183118
I'm not sure who this "Pass" relative of his is, but Mr. Dyatlov was also the man responsible for forcing the engineers to do a test on that April 26, 1986 date that resulted in their deaths even when they begged him not to go through with it.

All so that he could prove something to himself after his son had tragically died in a similar disaster...

Indeed, a mysterious man.
>>
>>1180027
> He never sleeps, the judge. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.
>>
>>1179863
>meme

Come back when you can discuss the matter without talking like a teenager who just found 4chan
>>
>>1182062
>Fagan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Fagan_incident

Ahahaha Jesus Christ this is laughable
>>
>>1181983
Legitimately the weirdest fucking thing I've read about on Wikipedia
>>
>>1181983
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Domery

Very similar case
>>
>>1183855
Cry me a river cuck.
>>
>>1184360
Kill yourself
>>
>>1181937
Jesus Christ, so the fuck what? He was also a killer pimp, what about any of that makes him mysterious?
>>
Not really mysterious, but something in his own right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_von_Ungern-Sternberg
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.