[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there was a fairly high chance you would be born anytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 518432.jpg (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
518432.jpg
36 KB, 657x527
>there was a fairly high chance you would be born anytime from 500bc to 1945ad and become a random soldier who throws his life away at some random pointless battle to become immortalized on a wikipedia page and have your death cited by sweaty shut-ins as a reason why one country/kingdom is was better than another
>you were not
>>
File: 1463351944706.gif (685 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463351944706.gif
685 KB, 500x500
>>1178460
There's a much higher chance I'd be born an animal, or a plant, or nothing at all.
>>
>>1178510
There are more grass on earth than atoms in the universe
-Carl Sega
>>
>>1178460
>there was a fairly high chance you would be born anytime
No, there fucking isn't.
>>
>>1178523
this, you're not a soul
>>
File: 989710.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
989710.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
>>1178523
Well, explain the mechanics for why I am me, and not you or anyone else
And there was either way. The universe could have sprung into any number of configurations and in multiverse theory it has
>>
>>1178510
Man, think of all the things that are not and never will be, and it's more that the amount of things there are.

That doesn't mean they don't exist though.
>>
>>1178460
Random soldiers dont go on wikipedia pages.
Id say most people that die at battles arent remembered at all.
>>
>>1178550
>explain the mechanics
You're a unique genetic make up created by other unique genetic make ups which in return were created by other unique genetic make up.
Your personality and genetics can't just pop up randomly in human history
>>
>>1178550
my mind is all that is. I made you you so that you would suffer
>>
>>1178579
rude desu
>>
>>1178460
Even if we follow your logic of a % chance to be born as a human and exlude all other things you don't know how the future will pan out. So unless we blow ourselves up soon then your thesis is shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.