[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pirate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (15 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15 KB, 233x217
Who do you think is the greatest pirate of all time?
>>
Henry Avery because I played uncharted 4
>>
>>1176765
Oruç Reis

>raid Spanish coast
>become ruler of Algeria
>Charles V arrives in person to deal with you

Fucking pretty awesome for a mere pirate.
>>
He ruled the Mediterranean Sea when he took hold of Algeria
>>
Henry Morgan. Such a badass and effective pirate he was made Governor of Jamaica to stop him pirating any more.
>>
>>1176838
what period of time was that?
>>
>>1176912
gtfo
>>
>>1177002
Early 1500. He forgot to mention that people know him better as Barbarossa.
>>
File: klaus s..jpg (25 KB, 220x297) Image search: [Google]
klaus s..jpg
25 KB, 220x297
Störtebeker
His name literally translates to 'alcoholic'
>>
>>1177044
Where was his area of operations?
>>
File: 1acd.jpg (23 KB, 567x278) Image search: [Google]
1acd.jpg
23 KB, 567x278
>>1176765

actualy, the neretvan pirates were pretty hard core, from the ottoman egean islands to the ragusan sea all the way across the venetian held(officialy) dalmatian islands, they were something allright

they even had ''stealth technology'' - namely their boats had corks in them so you could hide a whole fleet just sinking then a few meters underwater

apparently people carried extra gold just to pay theyr extra fare if they got caught, othervise they would charge the price in arms

as in... arms... like, hands, with fingers and all... like pic related

so you know... people carried gold, venetians especialy
>>
Bartholomew Roberts
>>
Jean Lafitte. Cause he hung out in the area I live.
>>
Anyone naming anyone other than Avery is a bona fide retard. He was the fucking king.
>>
L'Olonnais.

>attacking ships ?
>why not a city ?
>why not a country ?
>>
Francis Drake
>>
>>1179702

Kek. Who?
>>
>>1176765
Edward Newgate
>>
>>1179747
>being this dumb
>>
Gottfrid Svartholm and Fredrik Neij
>>
>>1176765
Codex
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.