[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The horned god
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: Gundestrup_Cernunnos.jpg (522 KB, 1181x979) Image search: [Google]
Gundestrup_Cernunnos.jpg
522 KB, 1181x979
Tell me about the horned god (or however you might call him)

>The Celtic religion and some animistic religions worship him as god of the nature and god of the animals.
>Greek mythology and Christianity declare him as evil.
>Freakish cults think he is the key to magical powers.

So what is the "truth"? Is he good or evil? If he is evil, who is the good counterpart?
Also where is the root of this deity and what has the pentagram and the snake to do with it?
>>
File: disgust.jpg (249 KB, 1910x1000) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
249 KB, 1910x1000
>tfw Celts worshiped the Yellow King

Fucking savages
>>
File: bronzetto.jpg (691 KB, 1000x1504) Image search: [Google]
bronzetto.jpg
691 KB, 1000x1504
>>1176210
>Implying there is only one horned god
>>
>>1176240
Don't you think they all have the same root?
>>
>>1176251

No.
>>
>>1176251
They have different roots, Celtic, Mesopotamian, Sardinian, Greek, so I'd say no.
>>
>>1176262
>Celtic, Mesopotamian, Sardinian, Greek
>different roots
They're all originating from the Nostratic macrofamily.
I think the horned god is a very, very old god and the myth about him became very popular. Through a lot of time this myth changed depending on different cultural development.
This is what happened with the Indo-European pantheon and several others aswell.
>>
aite let me explain in leymans terms

cattle worshipping was spread all over. it was thee religion.

its origins lie in ancient cattle mutilations. primitive man learned quickly the spiritual worth of cattle to ayylmao
>>
>>1176305
ie ayylmao draining blood of cattle is similar to religious ritual draining of xattle

just get that thru ur head
>>
File: audhumbla.jpg (83 KB, 700x440) Image search: [Google]
audhumbla.jpg
83 KB, 700x440
>>1176305
>>1176317
>cattle worshipping was spread all over. it was thee religion.
So, what culture/people/tribe/group came up with that idea? Seems like it's an Indo-European idea, isn't it? Indo-Europeans appeared much later.
The horned god has another root I guess. Maybe animism.
>>
File: Slaine-the horned god.jpg (98 KB, 869x1280) Image search: [Google]
Slaine-the horned god.jpg
98 KB, 869x1280
Read this for the complete truth!
>>
>>1176373
well, we know nomadic IE scythians worshipped deer and stuff

egyptians, semites, sumerians indians all worshipped cows

but origins of this could be ayylmao
>>
>>1176373
Neolithic faermers brought farming and domesticated cattle to Europe, not Indo Europeans.
>>
>>1176395
Maybe we are just interpreting too much into it.
Maybe it was just some freak in the woods with deer horns glued to his hat, who has found out how to tame animals.
Some people thought he must be some kind of wizard, worshipped him and spread the story of this guy.
>>
>>1176210
>>Greek mythology and Christianity declare him as evil.
Greek mythology?
>>
>>1176443
Pan maybe? Not really evil but close
>>
File: Pashupati.jpg (1 MB, 920x926) Image search: [Google]
Pashupati.jpg
1 MB, 920x926
>>1176210
It's Pashupati, a common Indo-European God. Don't let Christcuckoldry tell you what's good and what's evil. They would have you house an adult Middle-Eastern refugee in your home in your little sister's or gf's bedroom. And suck Jewish cock.
>>
File: celtocucks.png (2 MB, 1790x881) Image search: [Google]
celtocucks.png
2 MB, 1790x881
Obligatory
>>
File: 5.png (1 MB, 903x619) Image search: [Google]
5.png
1 MB, 903x619
>>1176428
>>1176210
Wearing the horns, was like doing a metamorphosis, the warriors wore them to acquire the strength and virility of the bull.
>>
>>1176386
Sláine in general and Horned God in particular is the single biggest hippie feminist cuckold propaganda I've ever read in my life.
>>
File: The Devil.jpg (45 KB, 300x449) Image search: [Google]
The Devil.jpg
45 KB, 300x449
>Also where is the root of this deity and what has the pentagram and the snake to do with it?

One should look up to European (Hermetic) traditions that tend to associate The Horned God with the Witches' Sabbath etc.

>the Dark Ages of Christianity, it was completely misunderstood. Eliphaz Levi studied it very deeply because of its connection with ceremonial magic, his 4 favourite subject; and he re-drew it, identifying it with Baphomet, the ass-headed idol of the Knights of the Temple. [The Early Christians also were accused of worshipping an Ass, or ass-headed god. See Browning, The Ring and the Book (The Pope).] But at this time archaeological research had not gone very far; the nature of Baphomet was not fully understood. (See Atu 0, above.) At least he succeeded in identifying the goat portrayed upon the card with Pan.

>This card represents creative energy in its most material form; in the Zodiac, Capricornus occupies the Zenith. It is the most exalted of the signs; it is the goat leaping with lust upon the summits of earth. The sign is ruled by Saturn, who makes for selfhood and perpetuity. In this sign, Mars is exalted, showing in its best form the fiery, material energy of creation. The card represents Pan Pangenetor, the All-Begetter. It is the Tree of Life as seen against a background of the exquisitely tenuous, complex, and fantastic forms of madness, the divine madness of spring, already foreseen in the meditative madness of winter; for the Sun turns northwards on entering this sign.

>The roots of the Tree are made transparent, in order to show the innumerable leapings of the sap; before it stands the Himalayan goat, with an eye in the centre of his forehead, representing the god Pan upon the highest and most secret mountains of the earth. His creative energy is veiled in the symbol of the Wand of the Chief Adept, crowned with the winged globe and the twin serpents of Horus and Osiris.
>>
>>1176443
>>1176455
Yes, Pan. I was raised with roman-catholic propaganda. Lust is bad.
>>
>>1176484
>he fell for the Margaret Murray meme
>>
>>1176386
>arms bigger then quads
Shit art tbf
>>
>>1176210
>Is he good or evil?
Not many pagan deities were fully good or fully evil, that mindset is much more popular among Abrahamists.
>>
>>1176484
I want to get historical accurate information and not join an autism-cult.
>>
>>1176494
Lust IS bad though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.