[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be a drafted peasant in an army >standing in a valley,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
>be a drafted peasant in an army
>standing in a valley, waiting for the enemy
>look around at the ten thousand warriors around you
>feel pretty confident
>suddenly you start hearing rumbling
>it is getting louder and louder
>few black dots appear at the side of the valley
>they are speeding down fast
>its the fucking knights
>there can't be more than two hundred of them
>with lances straight upwards they are fearlessly charging into five thousand men
>as they come closer the ground starts shaking
>you can't recognize the banners and emblems
>all you see is one tun weighting pile of steel, charging at you at 50 kph
>shaking starts feeling like an earthquake
>tfw you realize there is nothing you can do to stop them
>tfw you realize they will crush skulls of half of this five thousand army before anybody can do anything to stop them

Was there ever any fighters that were such a pure strenght badass motherfuckers as knights?
>>
I doubt a horse can charge at 50kph with a heavily armed knight on its back from the moment it's just a dot to the peasant, until the contact.
>>
>>1176199
>>
>>1176199
they were charging for over 2km to reach full speed on impact
>>
>>1176176
>>be a drafted peasant in an army
You know, most of the time peasants weren't used in armies during the middle ages, it was the lords, their retainers and their retainers + mercenaries.
>>
So did horses know that they were in a battle and ever be down for it like a dog, or are they all just scared little shits that have to be broken to be used?
>>
>>1176176
>Charge straight into mass front-on

No

Just no
>>
>>1176176
Why don't me and my fellows conscripts just lower and brace our pikes and skewer those knights like a cheap whore in a tavern full of Moors?
>>
>Sergeant roars over the thunderous charge, "Come to and plant spears."
>Knights impale their mounts onto your spear line.
>Stick your dagger through the dazed and emcumbered knight
>mfw feels good spilling noble blood
>>
>>1176229
Apparently a battle would "excite" them at least. Some horses would try to eat/attack other horses.

>>1176215
>charging from 2km away when most of the weapon have a range of a bunch of hundreds meters
>needing 2km to reach full speed

doubt.jpg
>>
>>1176241
Because OP is a faggot and forgot about pikes and people being intelligent.
>>
>>1176176
>arm your peasants with long pikes
>make ground defenses with large pointy wood
>put crossbowmen in the back
>watch uppity-ass fuckers get BTFO
>>
File: d8e6761d24[1].png (21 KB, 301x394) Image search: [Google]
d8e6761d24[1].png
21 KB, 301x394
>>1176246
>>1176266
>mfw brits think their spears will help
>>
>>1176266
>Urban militias.
>Peasants.
No
>>
>>1176347
>1,500 vanguard, more numerous main body
> more numerous main body
> more numerous
>>
>>1176229
The SCA has found they they CAN'T do mounted combat.

Horses either try to run away, or do shit like bite the other guy and pull him off his horse.
>>
>>1176457
The main body didn't get to engage, anon.
>>
>be a drafted peasant in an army
This was exceedingly rare
>>
File: F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg (580 KB, 1495x930) Image search: [Google]
F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg
580 KB, 1495x930
>be air defense colonel in Baghdad
>Saddam has used dem oil monies to buy an air defense grid that puts Moscow to shame
>get a radar contact for a moment as the bomb doors open, and then nothing
>shit starts blowing up
>fill the air with tracers from AAA, hit exactly nothing
>repeat until your multi-billion air defense system is gone and F-16s are flowing in like niggers at a watermelon farm
>>
>>1177455
>old fags who fight with wicker basket swords cant train horses

What an amazing insight.
>>
>>1177458
What the fuck was I thinking. Oh well, I'm a retard now.
>>
>>1177727
I don't think you understand. Horses either hate fighting, or love it. The ones that do are exceedingly effective at it and are weapons in their own right.

The limited attempts by the basketfags confirms that horses can, in fact, be exceedingly aggressive and even eager to fight.
>>
>>1177822
It happens. Patay is esentially a case of
>longbows vs knights, final destination.

No stake walls, no men at arms in support, no mud or other favorable terrain. Unsurprisingly, the cavalry rode the english down and saw little need to wait for more men.
>>
>>1177455
Yeah, thats modern horses pampered by the rich women who own them. Horses are naturally extremely cowardly skittish animals.
And yet
Horses bred for warfare from the outside have an entirely different temperament, they're docile as fuck and dont care what you do to them.
>>
>>1177836
Are you actually reading the posts before your reply? I've mentioned the horses being violent and eager to fight twice now.

>>1177836
>docile as fuck
No. They weren't. Riding uncut fucking stallions who were known to kick and bite strangers was common, because you wanted your horse to be aggressive and WANT to batter down men and horses, and be willing and eager to kick, stomp, and bite. Ideally you'd train them to do this on command.
>>
Read some interviews from the Six Day War.

Especially the Jordanian retreat. All the air forces of Syria, Egypt, and Jordan were raped on their bases. All air defense gone. Columns of tanks retreating with infantry all around just getting raped by Israeli jets.

Tank after tank just going up in flames. It holds up the ones behind it. They go full out trying to get past. Next one gets bombed.

Jets just screaming overhead with no way to fight back.

Or you know, one American plane grinding on a high altitude.

The military base at Nagasaki has 60,000 men, what could it do?

Too high for flak.

It drops one bomb.

One flash, the city is erased.
>>
>>1176176

>Try to remember training
>You stand still looking at the knights falling into the traps
>Your british buddies pin them down while your on crossbowmen take care of the following charges
>Form a square with spearmen
>T.Aljubarrota
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.