[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me about the -stan countries, /his/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: stans-map.png (1 MB, 1280x1013) Image search: [Google]
stans-map.png
1 MB, 1280x1013
tell me about the -stan countries, /his/
>>
Kazakhs = Mongols
Uzbeks = Mongols
Turkmens = Turks / Mongols
Kyrgyzes = Mongols
Tajiks = Gypsies
Afghans = Gypsies
>>
What does the -stan fix mean?
>>
>>1175935
'Land of the' I think so Kazhakstan= Land of the Kazhaks
>>
>>1175928
I thought Tajiks were Persians
>>
>>1175940
Same thing.
>>
>>1175924
They're a weird mix of Mongols, Turks, Perisans and Russians.
>>
>>1175928
Posted for relevance.
>>
>>1175948
Golovkin isn't ethnically Kazakh actually. His dad is Russian and his mom is Korean.
>>
>Kazakhstan
the same dictator for the last 27 years
>Uzbekistan
the same dictator for the last 27 years
>Tajikistan
the same dictator for the last 22 years
>Turkemistan
the same dictator for the last 9 years (but still my favorite)
>>
>>1175952
Shit I forgot about that.

Why are people from the former USSR so strong?
>>
They have great flags
>>
>>1175957
They kind of always had a great boxing school but nobody in the west really knew because they weren't allowed to participate in pro boxing.
>>
>>1175957
bydlo mentality
>>
>>1175955
Turkmenistan is literally a North Korea minus nukes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNJS2-Zv-Tc
>>
>>1175968
>1:48
>using a film camera
What the fuck?
>>
>>1175924
>Aral sea
Too soon
>>
>>1175957
Great nutrition contrary to western lies.
>>
>>1175935
-stan has a Indo-European origin and is very common in Persian names meaning "place of" or just "country". We have the root in German aswell, "Stand" (place, location) or "Stadt" (city) and many other Indo-European languages aswell.
>>
>>1175940
>>1175928
well, turks are actually in the mongolic family

and tajiks, afgans became heavily mixed with arabs, mongols, and indians (romas) who migrated north from india in large numbers during the roma migrations
>>
>>1175992
When did my beloved America become so shitty at nutrition?

Not even trolling. My parents come from south america but both taught me to eat a well balanced diet.
>>
I would like to visit some time
>>
>>1175955
I find Kyrgyzstan fascinating, as it's a good model for how revolutions that actually remove the old government normally go. Some success, some failure, and a lot of confusion.
>>
File: forum02.jpg (572 KB, 2000x1086) Image search: [Google]
forum02.jpg
572 KB, 2000x1086
>Kazakhstan
More like Chinkstan
>>
>>1175924
Google 'Shanghai Cooperation Organisation'.

Also, capitalism.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-22-11-29-24.png (676 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-22-11-29-24.png
676 KB, 540x960
>>1176032
That one token white guy
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (41 KB, 117x126) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
41 KB, 117x126
>>1176320
>>
File: asian beatle.png (29 KB, 98x108) Image search: [Google]
asian beatle.png
29 KB, 98x108
>>1176329
>>
Why are people from Afghanistan called Afghani but people from Pakistan are called Pakistani?
>>
>>1176335
I thought they were called pakis.
>>
File: 1.png (3 MB, 1900x2000) Image search: [Google]
1.png
3 MB, 1900x2000
>>1176330
>>1176329
>>1176320
>>
>>1175928
Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Kyrgyz, and Turkmens are Turkic, you Mong.
>>
>>1176335
They're called pakis. Just like Tajiks and Uzbeks and Kazheks

Like Afhghanistan literally means "The Place of Afghans"
>>
>>1175928
>lel upvoted!!! xd
stupid post
>>
Tbh turkics were one of the greatest civilizations on earth, but eurocentrist historical revisionism and comme colonialism were successful in slandering and silencing them into obscurity.
>>
>>1176416
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Farabi
>>
>>1176416
Al-Kwharizmi?

Also Turkics can into civilization. As evidenced by all those Middle Eastern states ruled by mostly Turkic cunts from 1000's AD to 1800's.

Meanwhile what to do Mongols get? An empire that lasted barely a century.
>>
>>1176431
>Meanwhile what to do Mongols get? An empire that lasted barely a century.
And consisted mainly of central asian turkics, while also being heavily turkified.

Temujin changed his mongol name to the turkic Genghish for fuck's sake.
>>
>>1176416
> name one turkic philosopher or scientist.
Hodja Nasreddin
>>
>>1176416

> Doesn't know that Samarkand was one of the cultural capitals of the medieval world.

Stay dumb pleb
>>
>>1176345
>>1176335
I'm pretty sure that Paki is not an actual ethnicity and was just some acronym thing that the Brits bullshitted, calling someone a Paki is actually incredibly offensive apparently.
>>
I heard Kyrgyzstan has a lot of corruption and Kazakhstan is the place to get jobs/the booming economic hub of the region.

I don't know shit about this area of the world though aside from these things I heard (from some person's travelogue). Also jesus christ, Kazakhstan is huge.
>>
>>1176745
I was making a joge.
>>
>>1176335
Because pakistan is an invented name formed by the actual nations inside pakistan. Punjab Afghanistan Kashmir Sindh baluchISTAN.

Afghanistan on the other hand just means "place of afghans". Afghanistan comes from afghani, not the other way around.
>>
>>1176758
I've heard this too. I've also heard that the -stan countries are really defined by Russia. Like Kazakhstan has made a point of claiming the space center for themselves, and is trying to Latinize their alphabet so that Russia can't claim they're Slavic.
>>
>>1176745

It's an acronym for Punjab, Afghan, Kashmir, Baluchistan.

It was coined by the pakis iirc, not the brits. And paki is only a pejorative because that's how a word used to describe Pakistani people naturally ends up once you get to the part where you actually start descrobing them.
>>
>>1176745
Paki means pure you mongoloid, Pakistan means Land of the Pure
>>
>>1176458
It was and still is a mainly tajik city, though.
>>
>>1176783
Yeah the travelogue I read said that Russian was kind of like a lingua franca of the region. Makes sense because of the Soviet domination.
>>
The manage to be some of the only muslims on Earth who don't chimpout and bomb the West excluding Afghan and Paki
>>
>>1176787
That's just because they looked for an acronym that looked fancy.
>>
>>1176799
Islamism is growing in Uzbekistan though.
>>
>>1176783
They can't claim they're slavic since kazakhs are 100% mongoloid looking.

It's just that the kazakh language was forcibly converted into cyrillic alphabet and most notably, all the sounds that are present in russian but NOT present in kazakh were added to the kazakh alphabet, and all the loanwords would be written just as they appear in russian, with no assimilation to the kazakh language. Which means that the language has no immunity from the influence of the russian cultural sphere. The conversion to latin was supposed to remedy that, but it was not carried through to avoid tensions with russia.

On the bright side, learning all those european sounds really helped me with my English accent :^)
>>
File: samarkand.png (1 MB, 980x612) Image search: [Google]
samarkand.png
1 MB, 980x612
Samarkand looks so cool. I get all these historical feels when looking at this city.
>>
>>1176783
Kek not even steppe people want to considered slavic
>>
>>1176814
God damn look at these patterns.
Taj mahal looks like shit compared to this desu.
>>
>>1176814
Does someone know how safe is Uzbekistan? Loved Iran and it looks like Uzbekistan has a similar architecture, but I'm afraid it could be probably less safe.
>>
>>1176335

>Why are people from Afghanistan called Afghani

We aren't, Afghani is our unit of currency, we are called "Afghan".
>>
File: timur.png (407 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
timur.png
407 KB, 332x500
>>
>>1175995
>tajiks
>afghans
>heavily mixed with Arabs
Wrong
>Mongols
Wrong
>and Indians (romas)
Wrong.
>>
>>1176431
>Al-Khwarizimi
>Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī[note 1] (Arabic: محمد بن موسى الخوارزمی; c.780 – c.850) (Arabic pronunciation: [ælxɑːræzmiː]), formerly Latinized as Algoritmi,[note 2] was a Persian[3] mathematician, astronomer and geographer during the Abbasid Caliphate, a scholar in the House of Wisdom in Baghdad.
>>
>>1175924
Afghanistan and Tajikistan are Iranian countries. Pakistan is partly Iranian as well. The rest are Turkic. Largely due to displacement in the 10th to 14th centuries by Turkic and Mongolic Steppe peoples, the native Iranian stock of the region changed to a Mongoloid one.

>>1175935
In Indo-European languages, but most especially in Indo-Iranian branches like Persian: "stan" means land of or place of. Hence why Persians were calling India traditionally "Hindustan" or Scythia as "Sakestan".
>>
>>1176799

This has more to do with soviet influences and strong-man dictators than anything. They are more 'nominal' muslim than anything.
>>
>>1175995

>Turks
Turkics.
>Tajiks
Turkics and Persians.
>Afghans
Largely their own thing with Persian admixture + a bit of Turkics

And everyone has a bit of ancient Siberian/Indo Aryan sprinkled in, the former due to Turkic migration.
>>
>>1176416

Avicenna :^)
>>
>>1176837

Africa-tier. Not safe at all. All currency has to be bought on the blackmarket which is necessarily sketchy, also security is bad.
>>
>>1176907
They even call hospitals "bimarestan" (sickstan).
>>
>>1176965
That's sad. Iran proved to be more safe than some european countries against all odds and I hoped other countries in the area would be similar despite the bad press.
>>
>>1176980
In Dari we don't tBh
>>
>>1177040
What's the word in dari?
>>
Why are three regional variants of Persian; Pars/Fars, Dari, and Tajik treated as separate languages when all three are pretty much the same language and Arabic has far more differences (i.e. a Arabic speaker in Egypt would have issues with those in Yemen or Iraq when communicating with them) in its regional dialects yet isn't seen as sub language variants?
>>
>>1177072
shava khana
>>
>>1176825
>>1176810
I meant more that Kazakhs don't want to be part of the "Russian cultural sphere" more than that they had any racial similarity to Russians. At least in the past, Russia has gone to great lengths to find similarities between themselves and a region they want to conquer.
>>
>>1177088
The difference between an dialect and a language is purely political.
>>
>>1177088
It's always politics.

>>1177194
Sounds cute.
>>
>>1177205
Kazakhstan already has a sizeable Russian minority in the North of the country and since it's basically bare steppe with no natural borders, it's already a potential source of problems. In fact, Russia has already started setting off some warning signs.
>>
>>1175952
In a way thats basically making a Kazakh in a lab
>>
>>1176965
So, safe if you're not a fucking idiot then?
>>
File: 1462899616844.jpg (55 KB, 378x566) Image search: [Google]
1462899616844.jpg
55 KB, 378x566
>>1175968
I've read a book from a journalist who went there 2013. She was at some annual horse race (horses are to Turkmenistan as cows are to India). All the competitors were in the middle of the race, then the stupid dictator (who's originally a dentist. kek) came in to surprise everyone so the racers slowed down as to make him seem superior and to make him win. He fucking falls off his horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIkurFloebs

She filmed this and she managed to smuggle the SD card out.
>>
>>1177205
Are you retarded?
Kazakhstan is the most pro-Russian of all -stans
>>
>>1177205
>At least in the past, Russia has gone to great lengths to find similarities between themselves and a region they want to conquer.
Where in the past? Russian Empire conquered these lands for the same reasons other European countries conquered whole Africa, Americas, Australia and large part of Asia
>>
>>1177446
Here is another dictator falling of a horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jUdMOY_9Ho
>>
>>1177533
I think you mean more that the Russian Empire went to great lengths and cost to fight the Ottoman Empire and Safavid Empire over the Caucasus and Central Asia.
>>
File: steppe composite bow.jpg (18 KB, 535x241) Image search: [Google]
steppe composite bow.jpg
18 KB, 535x241
>>1175924
I got some Kyrgyz stuff
The Kyrgyz people hold onto this legend of the original tribes there fighting off the mongols under the leadership of a rather old man named "Manas".
They loved him so much despite the eventual Mongol victory, they still pass down his legend through song today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQGO1YsByyg

And a neat, retro movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVYIy2kKLlA&ebc=ANyPxKqjggUZhk_56N_MjnTxgDN4NMnOZveb2IGUHNWVMnIJH-vryESxqAqGgmxQK9VRGO7YGByLADl1XIrCrYBmBk2IuMOmow

There is some cool horseback combat. Pretty sure one of the extras broke an arm in the battle scene. He fell HARD

Anyway, the history of the country itself is rather 'bland' when compared to its neighbors. Like China for example. However, the steppe region provided many warriors to every horde in history.

Many Kyrgyz would have served within the bulk of hordes moving through on their ways to ransack the rich, civilized neighbors.
>>
>>1177205
>>1177533
depending on the region

western areas are becoming islamic, while eastern and northern that border with Russia directly are more cosmopolitan, southern provinces are becoming more nationalistic

>>1177302
> Kazakhstan already has a sizeable Russian minority in the North
Russians (and an assortment of other ethnicities) are sizeable minorities in EVERY region, i think 30%

In the 70s kazakhs have become minority in their own land due to virgin lands campaign encouraging relocating here and opening a flood of migrant from other soviet republic

after the collapse some families went back to "historical homeland", but some stayed because they're two generations in so why bother, especially because Russian state immigration policy is pretty shitty
>>
>>1177522
Politically, maybe. All the government officials are former USSR party members and people in their circles.

The opinion of the people themselves is quite different in a lot of regions.
>>
>>1175924
>A 2004 study also established that during the Bronze Age/Iron Age period, the majority of the population of Kazakhstan (part of the Andronovo culture during Bronze Age), was of west Eurasian origin (with mtDNA haplogroups such as U, H, HV, T, I and W), and that prior to the 13th–7th centuries BCE, all samples from Kazakhstan belonged to European lineages

>>1176363
Uh.....I'm pretty sure, if anything, a Eurocentrist would love the Turks, since the Turks were European in origin.
>>
>>1179575
>Uh.....I'm pretty sure, if anything, a Eurocentrist would love the Turks, since the Turks were European in origin.
Only some of them were as the Turkics buttfucked and absorbed the Indo-Iranian tribes that were the original inhabitants of the area.

>Turkz was white!
>They genocided all the Indo-Europeans!
Stormniggers should get their shit straight.
>>
>>1179575
>Turks
Turkics
>Turks were European in origin.
Lel what.

What do those bronze age civilizations have to do with the turkics, who first emerged in 6th century BC?

That's some eurocentrist historical revisionism right there.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 229x220
>>1175928
> Afghans
> A nation
>>
>>1179584
>>1179586
But it's true. Central Asia was white before Turks raped them to death. Now you have a bunch of hapas and Elliot Rogers running around.
>>
>>1176745
Yeah, the people from Pakistan see themselves as various ethnic groups. Punjabi, Sindhi, Baluchi and Pashtun mainly.
>>
>>1179606
Central Asia was largely Iranic before Turkic and Mongol encounters wiped out large Iranian populations or forced them to go westwards.
>>
>>1179606
Why do stromfags always do this?

>a neanderthal once pooped on the shore of the yangtze river, all of chinese history belongs to the whites
>genghish khan was white
>buddha was white
>we wuz everything
>>
>>1179613
That's exactly what I'm saying. The white Iranian populations were mostly wiped out.

>>1179615
Except there is actually strong evidence for whites living in Central Asia.
>>
>>1179615
If he means by white that it was Indo-European and Caucasian, then he's not wrong. If he means like mother fucking Nordic white, then fuck no it wasn't.
>>
>>1175978
I must irrigate all the water from the aral sea

t. retardo ruski
>>
>>1179621
>>1179622
I'm referring to this
>>Uh.....I'm pretty sure, if anything, a Eurocentrist would love the Turks, since the Turks were European in origin.

What does that even mean?
>>
>>1175968
>>1177446
This is absolutely hysterical.
>>
File: IE_expansion.png (151 KB, 450x275) Image search: [Google]
IE_expansion.png
151 KB, 450x275
>>1179586
>>1179584
>>1179615
>>1179613

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yenisei_Kirghiz

>The Yenisei Kyrgyz, also known as the Khyagas or Khakas, were an ancient Turkic people who dwelled along the upper Yenisei River (Mongolia) in the southern portion of the Minusinsk Depression from the 3rd century BCE to the 13th century CE.
>During the reign period of Kaiyuan of [emperor] Xuanzong, Ge Jiayun, composed A Record of the Western Regions, in which he said "the people of the Jiankun state all have red hair and green eyes.

>The Celestial Turks or the Kok Turks (Old Turkic: Old Turkic letter UK.svgOld Turkic letter R2.svgOld Turkic letter U.svgOld Turkic letter T2.svg Old Turkic letter K.svgOld Turkic letter U.svgOld Turkic letter UK.svg Chinese: 突厥; pinyin: Tūjué, Khotanese Saka Ttūrka, Ttrūka,[1] Old Tibetan Drugu[1]) and sometimes as its Anatolian Turkish form Göktürks (Celestial or Blue Turks), were a nomadic confederation of Turkic peoples in medieval Inner Asia.
>The term hu 胡 was used to denote non-Han Chinese populations. It is, rather unsatisfactorily, commonly translated as 'barbarian'. While sometimes it was used in this general way to describe people of non-Han descent, and carried the same negative overtones of the English term, this was not always the case. Most frequently, it was used to denote people, usually of Caucasoid or partial Caucasoid appearance, living to the north and west of China. (2009:453)

>The Karasuk culture describes a group of Bronze Age societies who ranged from the Aral Sea to the upper Yenisei in the east and south to the Altai Mountains and the Tian Shan in ca. 1500–800 BC
>The individuals surveyed were all determined to be Europoid and light-eyed.[

Limit reached. Keep going?
>>
>>1179606
>white

Only Europeans are white you fucking cuck
>>
>>1179645
This is probably from contact with various Iranic tribes like the Samartians and Scythinas that they had those features, if the wiki article is true and not tampered with.
>>
File: 1.gif (17 KB, 642x420) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
17 KB, 642x420
Whites brought metallurgy to China

>Afanasevo culture
>fanasevan sites have also been claimed for Mongolia and Western China, and a possible connection to the Europoid mummies of Xinjiang and the Indo-European Tocharians
>Numerous scholars have suggested that the Afanasevo were responsible for the introduction of metallurgy to China.
> number of mummies have been discovered at sites on the eastern and southern edges of the Tarim Basin. The oldest of these, dating from 1800 BC seem to be Caucasoid types with light-colored hair.

White people invented Chinese silk

>The Seres (Greek: Σῆρες, Latin: Seres) were inhabitants of the land Serica, named by the ancient Greeks and Romans.[1] It meant "of silk," or people of the "land where silk comes from,"
>These people, they said, exceeded the ordinary human height, had flaxen hair, and blue eyes

>>1179662
Indo-Europeans to be precise

I can keep going, but I won't
>>
>>1176356
Greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat argument man. Never seen a more perfictly done rebutle.
>>
File: jex6k0iz.jpg (465 KB, 1024x1320) Image search: [Google]
jex6k0iz.jpg
465 KB, 1024x1320
>>1179645
>of Caucasoid or partial Caucasoid appearance
> Europoid and light-eyed
Sounds like a central asian to me allright.

Probably what they looked like before the mongol invasions.
>>
>>1179668
Look >>1179653

White means nothing in this context.
>>
>>1179673
Outside of the hair color, which is probably a rare mutation there, that little girl is 100% Mongoloid.
>>
>>1179673
Genetic studies prove the inhabitants of ancient Siberia/Mongolia were of European origins.

Nice try.

>In 2009, a genetic study of ancient Siberian cultures, the Andronovo culture, tha Karasuk culture, the Tagar culture and the Tashtyk culture, was published in Human Genetics.[2] All individuals surveyed were determined to be Europoid, and were except from one individual exclusively light-eyed and light-haired.
>>
>>1179685
>Genetic studies prove the inhabitants of ancient Siberia/Mongolia were of European origins.
but /pol/ told me russians weren't white
>>
Yeah, but what does any of that have to do with turkics supposedly being white?
>>
>>1179668
>White people invented Chinese silk
Chinese sericulture dates to the neolithic Yangshao.

Greco-Roman accounts written thousands of years later doesn't invalidate archaeological evidence.
>>
> pol's retarded shitty "white" / not "white" argument
>>
>>1179717
What arguments?
>>
>>1179721
exactly
>>
Are there any other amazingly cool cities in the region in terms of historical landmarks other than Samarkand?
>>
>>1179717
>I don't care about genealogy and the spread of races across the world
Wrong board faggot
>>
Remember when pan-Turanism was a thing and people believe anyone described as being Turnian meant must automatically be Turkic? I do.
>>
>>1179735
placing meme "white" labels has absolutely nothing to do with factual genealogy and genetics and is just a veiled wewuz
>>
>>1179740
>placing meme "white" labels has absolutely nothing to do with factual genealogy and genetics and is just a veiled wewuz

You better call those scientist and tell them they're wrong!!!

>he Wusun (Chinese: 烏孫; pinyin: Wūsūn; Wade–Giles: Wū-sūn; literally: "grandchildren/descendents of the crow/raven") were an Indo-European semi-nomadic steppe people mentioned in Chinese records from the 2nd century BC and the 5th century AD.

Physical appearance:
>The present barbarians who have green eyes and red hair, and look like macaque monkeys, are the offspring of this people. Later, in a more thorough study by Soviet archaeologists of eighty-seven skulls of Zhetysu, the six skulls of the Wusun period were determined to be purely Europoid or close to it.
>>
File: AVT_John-Green_4109.jpg (20 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
AVT_John-Green_4109.jpg
20 KB, 640x430
>>1175928
Excellent thinking
>>
>>1179730
Bukhara has historically been Samarkand's sister city.

Don't know how it is today tho
>>
>>1179755
good on your pol agenda driven "discoveries"

>>1179684
it's not uncommon for kazakhs to have red or light hair, but it mostly darkens by 30s

there is a reason why all these clickbaity pictures (like the one that got on Nat Geo cover) "you will never believe how this asian girls looks! scientist hates this photo! look before it's taken down!"
>>
>>1179771
* are mostly children
>>
File: bukhara.png (306 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bukhara.png
306 KB, 640x480
>>1179767
Wow, thanks dude. Bukhara looks really cool too.

Now I kind of want to travel to Uzbekistan.
>>
>>1179771
It's not /pol/

>he distribution of east and west Eurasian lineages through time in the region is concordant with the available archaeological information: prior to the thirteenth-seventh century BC, all Kazakh samples belong to European lineages; while later an arrival of east Eurasian sequences that coexisted with the previous west Eurasian genetic substratum can be detected. The presence of an ancient genetic substratum of European origin in West Asia may be related to the discovery of ancient mummies with European features in Xinjiang and to the existence of an extinct Indo-European language, Tocharian. This study demonstrates the usefulness of the ancient DNA in unravelling complex patterns of past human migrations so as to help decipher the origin of present-day admixed populations.

The test was taken by the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health
>>
>>1179730
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mausoleum_of_Khoja_Ahmed_Yasawi

in Turkistan (city)
>>
>>1179804
Man, I really love the architecture style in these Central Asian buildings. I'm noticing a lot of common features with the blue domes, patterns and arches. It's beautiful.
>>
>>1179818
>blue domes
are shoutout of sorts to tengrism (sky worship) which despite islamic conquest still has a few ritualistic remnants
>>
Did you guys know that genghish khan was white?
>>
>>1179792
The motives that made you post these facts are clearly /pol/-related.
>>
>>1175924
Can someone please shop in

CANTSTANDYA
>>
>>1179891
No, in his retarded mind, "bronze age inhabitants of central asia were white" directly indicates that "turkics were a white civilization".
For some reason.
>>
>>1176783
Depends. Some like Turkmenistan were Soviet creations and so they've had to do a lot of work to build a sense of national identity
>>
>>1179771
being this ignorant

kazakhs are not natives of the land they now occupy

Mongolids (turkics inclusive) expanded from Yakutia and permafrost areas, their original homeland. Mongolids are Paleo-Siberian and originally lived like and are related to Evenks, Chukchi, Eskimos, Yakuts. They were reindeer herders or hunters.
They met horse riding Scythians and Tocharians, and learned the horse-riding steppe culture from them.
With the newly adopted steppe-lifestyle based on the horse (taken originally from Scythians), Mongolids gradually grew and expanded to mongolia. From there they eradicated the original Scythians/Tocharians and continued genociding Scythians/Tocharians who were indigenous to Central Asia.

Today Central Asia is inhabited by the Mongolids who replaced the Scythians.

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/nov/ancient-towns-excavated-turkmenistan
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/4000-year-old-Aryan-city-discovered-in-Russia/articleshow/6683681.cms
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tocharians
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythians
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andronovo_culture

thats not all folks, arabs did a similar thing and more recently indians (in the form of veddoid romas) came and mingled
>>
>>1179891
>anything conflicting with turko-mongolid imperial supremacy is pol-related

fuck off turko-mongol idf

this is a history of the native people b4 turko-mongolid invasions
>>
>>1179668
>>1179645
>>1179685

these are historical facts

There were a few solo paleo-siberians (east asian mongoloids) that "may" have been mixed with the original Indo European people of central asia/west china.

However their invasion resulted in the rape and genocide of Indo-European peoples living throughout all of central asia and the middle east. Central Asia is now full of mixed race Elliot Rodgers thanks to them.
>>
>>1176957
kek
literally a Persian
>>
File: Tarim Basin City States.png (595 KB, 720x361) Image search: [Google]
Tarim Basin City States.png
595 KB, 720x361
>>1179668
>White people invented Chinese silk
>Cites some Greek geographer talking of a region they barely understood.

Look, China invented silk. Period. Not up for argument.

You know why the Greeks say """"white"""""" people produced it? Because they don't know better.

Chink silk travels westward. The first dibs would be the Silk Route City States in the Tarim Basin and the Ferghana Valley. These cities -founded by Indo-Iranian cunts- literally lived on the Silk Route, reliant on the Silk route. These names are legendary in the region: Khotan, Marakanda (now Samarkand), and so on to name a few.

As the Easternmost cunts known to the Greeks, they'd obviously attribute it to these people. Up until Eastern Romans finally established formal contact with Chinese dynasties.
>>
>>1180142
>be prehistoric Central Asian
>member of heavy-bearded, aquiline-nosed, round-eyed caucasian Yamna, Afanasevo, Andronovo, Tocharian, Scythian, Bactrian, Sogdian
>invent the wheel and chariot
>first to domesticate the horse
>build prehistoric cities
>meet innocent and cute looking little Eskimo-like people in the periphery of your civilization, in the tundra
>teach them your ways of the horse and lifestyle, transfer your knowledge and technology
>they adopt and adapt to your Scythian ways
>they expand from their tundra, permafrost territory
>gradually take ownershership of Scythian clay
>for the next couple eons you fail against their onslaughts
>indigigenous Scythians of Asia is now replaced by Mongolids
>>
>>1180214
what about independent persian sources that corroborate greek/roman?

The Shahnameh of Ferdowsi placed Serica (Kingdom of Silk) to the east of Airan and also to the east of Sugd east of the Syr-Darya (Jaxartes) River and part of Balkh (Bactria).
The oldest known example of silk outside Serica comes from the hair of a 21st Dynasty (around 1000 BC) Caucasoid female
mummy from Dar el Medina.
Silk has also been found in the Scythian nomad tombs at Pazyryk in the Altai, dating from the fifth to the third centuries BC (figure 4), and even in Celtic tombs of the La Tène culture, 21 in sites as far apart as Scotland and Germany, where silk threads were used in embroidering the clothes of the aristocracy. It is also likely that raw silk, reaching Greece by way
of the Black Sea and its Scythians, was woven into textiles at Cos.

Parthian Persians have used silk for their battle banners.

But if sericulture took time to establish, the art of weaving silk began in Iran a great deal
earlier. In 224 AD the Persian Empire came under the control of the Sasanian dynasty, who
rapidly established dominance of the silk trade, and went into the business of establishing their
own government-controlled silk weaving industry, developing distinctive and sophisticated
designs (figure 5).

Sasanian weavers,developed a compound weft silk twill with elaborate repeating motifs such as winged lions,
hunting scenes, tree of life patterns, and opposing birds, each motif enclosed within a pearl-like
roundel, and each group of roundels separated by scrolling, geometric plant forms

Unfortunately only around two dozen textiles which can be unequivocally traced to.
>>
>>1175938
It's rather "state"
>>
>>1180293
Similarly, Ptolemy, calls the chief city of Seres, Sera and the country Serice/Serica** states in Geographia, "The inhabited part of our earth is bounded on the east along the region occupied by the easternmost nations of Asia Major, the Sinae (China) and the nations of Serice." Further, "The eastern extremity of the known earth is limited by the meridian drawn through the metropolis of the Sinae

note the difference between Serice and Sinae. China and Seres are not the same
note Serica means the 'land of silk'
>>
>>1180293
>>1180308
>Continues using Greek geographers
see previous post.
>>1180293
Nice tl;dr, and here's a one word answer for the first half of your post: Trade. Both finished products and raw silk went west. Do you think Chinks knew what designs Romans would use their silk with? Fucking no.

As for the rest of your shit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sericulture
>According to Confucian text, the discovery of silk production dates to about 2700 BC, although archaeological records point to silk cultivation as early as the Yangshao period (5000 – 3000 BC).[2] By about the first half of the 1st century AD it had reached ancient Khotan,[3] by a series of interactions along the Silk Road. By 140 AD the practice had been established in India.[4] In the 6th century the smuggling of silkworm eggs into the Byzantine Empire led to its establishment in the Mediterranean, remaining a monopoly in the Byzantine Empire for centuries (Byzantine silk). In 1147, during the Second Crusade, Roger II of Sicily (1095–1154) attacked Corinth and Thebes, two important centres of Byzantine silk production, capturing the weavers and their equipment and establishing his own silkworks in Palermo and Calabria,[5] eventually spreading the industry to Western Europe.
>C.A 3000 BC.
>Archaeological records.
>Prehistoric Yangshao Culture.
>Corroborated by Chinese Imperial historians whose estimate is at 2000's BC.
See? No argument.

Also Sassanids sit in the middle of the Silk Route. Actually: much of the silk route passes through that Iranic Empire. Guess who therefore has a monopoly? Precisely.
>>
>>1180335
invalid conclusions

silk was produced in serica, outside of china

>white mulberry native to central Asia (area inhabited by Tocharians)
>white mullberry leaves are used to produce silk
>Serica is the Kingdom of Tocharians
>Serica is where white mullberry grows
>Serica is the land where silk comes from (where it was originally produced on a large scale)
>Serica attracted many traders from China, India, Persia, Greece etc
>Serica/Tocharians got KHAN'd in ancient times
>silk now and forever associated with Chinese

today white mullberry is naturalized throughout the world, but originated in central asia

the land where white mullberry is native to was the land of tocharians
the chinese now control this land
> It is native to Central Asia and was introduced to Europe and naturalized elsewhere

Strabo in Geographia 11.11.1 states, "Apollodorus (of Artemita, a Hellenic writer of the 1st century BCE) in short says that Bactriana is the ornament of all Ariana. They extended their empire even as far as the Seres and Phryni."

> part of the Bactrian empire: Phryni & Seres.
> part of the Bactrian empire: Phryni & Seres.

Seres (Serica) produced was silk and Seres means 'of silk' in Latin and Greek. The fabric was so noteworthy so as to find mention as a fabric worn by Cleopatra

Pliny and Ptolemy states Seres, "within the confines of Bactria" were known for "silk of remarkable quality.

Pliny the Elder states: The first people that are known of here are the Seres, so famous for the silk that is found in their mullberry tree forests. After steeping it in water, they comb off a white down that adheres to the leaves; and then to the females of our part of the world they give the twofold task of unravelling their textures, and of weaving the threads afresh (this describes silk thread extraction). So manifold is the labour, and so distant are the regions which are thus ransacked to supply a dress through which our ladies may in public display their charms.
>>
>>1180423
>Continues using Classical Geographers.
It's ok to admit dyslexia lad.

Or delusions. It's the first step to psychiatric cure.
>>
>>1176884
>tajiks
>afghans
>heavily mixed with Arabs
Correct
>Mongols
Correct
>and Indians (romas)
Correct.

t. Pakistani traveller
>>
>>1179006
everyone in Khazaria was Jewish, m8
from Kyrgyz to Seljuk

> Manas, the name of a town and oasis in central Xinjiang Province in the modern Uighur Autonomous Region of China, is also the name of the legendary epic hero of the Kyrgyz people, described as a son of Jakup – Yaacov. Manas mentions several cities with sizeable Jewish communities, among them Samarqand, Bukhara and Baghdad, as well as various places in the Middle East, including Jerusalem which is described as a “Holy City for Jews”. An entire section of the poem is dedicated to “King Solomon’s times” (Sulaimandyn Tushunda)1. It should be pointed out that the cult of King Solomon remains very popular in Kyrgyzstan even today. Several popular Kyrgyz legends refer to a 130 meters high mountain near the city of Osh by the name of ‘King Solomon’s throne’ (Takht-i-Sulaiman). According to a Kyrgyz legend, one night God took King Solomon to that mountain, which local Jews with time came to revere and compare with Mount Zion. Since the 8th century CE, the Star of David symbol has been used frequently as an ornamental element in Kyrgyz architecture and crafts. Incidentally, according to the Kyrgyz tradition, Adam is considered the father of sewing and weaving, Noah – of architecture and carpentry, David – of metallurgy and tinwork, and Abraham – of barbers. In the Suzak region of Kyrgyzstan there is a village named Safar, a name thought to be a variant of ‘Sephard’, i.e. the place inhabited by Jews of Sephardic origin.
>Seljuk, chief from the Kınık tribe of the Oghuz Turks, had four sons — Mikâîl (Michael), Isrâîl (Israel), Mûsâ (Moses), and Yûnus (Jonah) - and was Jewish

>>1176957
he was a Persian Jew
Avi Zion is his Jewish name before Arabization
>>
>>1180581
>he was a Persian Jew
>Avi Zion is his Jewish name before Arabization
Source?
>>
File: chink forehead.png (22 KB, 99x108) Image search: [Google]
chink forehead.png
22 KB, 99x108
>>1176320
>>1176329
>>1176330
>>1176351
>>
File: ooga.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ooga.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>1180277
>mfw
>>
>>1180592
>>1176351
>>1176330
>>1176329
>>1176320
>>
>>1175955
Came here to say this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtlssoJbCYQ
>>
>>1180585
discussion with a Persian history professor. also mentioned that Avi Zion or Ben Zion was taken from his Jewish plot and reburied into a Muslim one.
but then again muslims say Jesus, Abraham, Moses etc are all Muslims...

this is a rather suppressed part of Persian history

> It was from Isaac Israeli that the greatest of "Arab" scientists, Avicenna (980-1037), drew inspiration. He is commonly regarded by historians as Arabic because he wrote only in Arabic, because he was a physician to several sultans, and because he became a vizier in Hamadan, Persia, where he died. Avicenna, referred to as the "Aristotle of the East," was born near Bokhara, then heavily populated by Jews, and was of Jewish origin.

>The physicians who attended the lords and kings of Islam and Christendom were largely Jews, a convincing indication of the major role that Jews continued to play in the science of medicine.

>The very name Avicenna is a Latinization not of the Arabic form of his name, Ibn Since, but of the Hebrew version, Avi Sina (Zion).

specifically he was a Bokharian Jew

Bokharian Jew's also validate Ben Zion's Bokharian Jewish origins and mention he was Islamified

you also have to look into Jewish history of Asia to get a better grasp, as Jews were traditionally physicians and medical experts

Jewish physicians were responsible in healing many rulers, and Himyar empire converted to Judaism because the king was healed by Jews
>>
File: dffd.png (268 KB, 289x310) Image search: [Google]
dffd.png
268 KB, 289x310
>>1176032
this guy needs his own sitcom
>>
>>1180689

>He is commonly regarded by historians as Arabic

No historian thinks this.
>>
This is one of my favorite parts of the world, the mix of cultures is just fascinating.

I've already read some Peter Hopkirk, but can anyone recommend some books about Central Asia/the Silk Roads?
>>
>>1180689
Thanks. Time to make those moderate beheader exploded.
>>
>just another justify your Turk hate thread.

600 years, still butthurt

kek
>>
>>1180689
this

literally has a Jewish name: Avi Zion
which latinized to Avicena. he was a Boharian Jew

also Iran in 1960's reburied from Jewish plot to Muslim was broadcasted by radio worldwide.

he was orignally buried where Esther and Morduchai were, but Persians in the 60s moved him to muslim plot .

h
>>
Kazakhstan has the best waifus.
>>
>>1177446
well to be fair the horse tripped
>>
>>1175924
What about United Stan of America ?
>>
>>1179575
No kazakh or turk lived in modern kazakhstan during the 13th–7th centuries BCE.
>>
>>1179599
Historically, afghan and pashto (blue in your map) were interchangeable terms.
>>
>>1180580
t. shitposting acid-throwing inferior Indian Muslim who thinks his bullshit is fact
>>
>>1180689
>Avicenna
>Jew
Stop making things up. Avicenna was a Persian and identified as a Persian.
>>
>>1180724
Samarkand by Amin Malouf. Actually mostly about Persia/Greater Iran than just central asia, but you will still get the silk road vibe.
>>
File: Rustled.jpg (25 KB, 298x311) Image search: [Google]
Rustled.jpg
25 KB, 298x311
>>1175968
>You'll never have a city named after you
>You'll never rename all the months of the year and days of the week
>You'll never have a monument for the book you wrote installed
>You'll never have a golden rotating statue of yourself
>You'll never ban smoking countrywide to help your citizens follow your example

Why even live, bros?
>>
>>1180454
>Or delusions. It's the first step to psychiatric cure.
Stormniggers never change.

They even tried to argue for a western origin of Chinese agriculture.
>>
>>1181160
thanks for clearing that up mogamutt
facts

i could not have come to the conclusion that Avi Zion is a mudslime w/o u

and let me guess Jesus is also muslim, right?

2bh, you did a good job of erasing identity and history
>>
>>1181532

Wheat and millet were introduced to northern china from the west. Although westerners think of china as a solely rice-based civilization, wheat and other grains are very important in northern china even today. Also vines and wine and other foodstuffs were introduced from the west.

It is important to remember that Xi'an, the capital of the Han dynasty , is quite far west, and close to the western corridor of Gansu, which leads to the tocharians.

The importance of the horse and chariots to chinese ciliizations can not be overemphasized. It was clearly inteoduced from the west, from indoeuropeans who developed the technology.

The tocharians, bactrians, soghdians were all city based, and highly developed ciliizations. The Han dynasty refers to greek bactira as DaYuan, and chinese travellers highly praised their cities and products, and the prosperous, industrious and peaceful inhabitants. The silk road was created to trade with DaYuan.

The nomadic steppe peoples such as scythians also had aspects of highly developed civilization, such as techincally refined and beautiful gold and iron working and clothing. Also they must have corralled their horses somewhere, implying they had at least semipermanent settlements. Probly similar to how the huns had one major tentcity as their capital in europe. They werent just nomads, but probly a seminomadic civilization.

The chinese learned of buddhism from the missionary efforts of grecobactrian buddhist kindgdoms and tocharians.

There are more examples of cultural and technological innovations that spread from the indoeuropean west to china, and there was a lot of back and forth even before the silk road.

you should really stop your cidf shilling and read up on serica as the kingdom of silk

persian, greek, roman sources all precisely detail the production of silk in serica and the location of serica to the west of china.

the geography and production details are all accurately detailed by these sources
>>
>>1181579
>>>/pol/
>>>/int/
>>
File: Zhang Qian.jpg (25 KB, 349x262) Image search: [Google]
Zhang Qian.jpg
25 KB, 349x262
>>1181639
>The Han dynasty refers to greek bactira as DaYuan
False.

Bactria is Daxia.
Ferghana is Dayuan.

They thought Ferghana is the largest gathering of Greeks because the surviving city states of Greeks still hung on there (namely Marakanda and Alexandreiea-Eschate). Hence Dayuan. "Great(est Gathering of) Ionians (i.e. Greek)." Meanwhile Daxia was being overrun by the Yuezhi barbarians. Despite the fact that earlier, Daxia was the Greco-Bactrian Kingdom. But those days were long past when ambassador Zhang Xian and General Ban Chao made their geographies in the region.

No mention of Serica from the Chinese. You can hang Medieval Persian, Roman, or Greek sources since the Chinese lived closest to the region.
>Even admits the silk route was created by the Chinks.
>>
>>1181698
China didn't start the Silk Road. The Silk Road existed as far back as trade center in the Near East and Far East made contact with one another, it was a regional thing in Asia.

>>1181579
>moving the goal post
>being this much of a shitposter with such awful unoriginal bait
>>
>>1181639
>Millet
Proso was domesticated independently while Foxtail has its origin in northern China.

Soybeans,gourds,millet etc. spread westward does that mean the world owes the Chinese for their agricultural advancements?

>The importance of the horse and chariots to chinese ciliizations can not be overemphasized. It was clearly inteoduced from the west, from indoeuropeans who developed the technology.
Technological diffusion isn't anything new,does modern civilization owe its existence to China because of gunpowder?

>you should really stop your cidf shilling and read up on serica as the kingdom of silk
I'm not disingenuous enough to ignore archaeological evidence of the Chinese neolithic.
>>
>>1181114

The xiognu's and the huns did.
>>
>>1181949
No, they fucking didn't. They're much later.
>>
>>1176416
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismail_al-Jazari
>>
>>1181698
>ignoring greek sources
>greeks literally living in bactria

persians, greeks both precisley detail their silk kingdom neighbors serica and differntiate it from china

you could be as autistic as you want, but facts are facts
>>
>>1176825
>>1176810
Slavs are a language group you retards
>>
>>1182154
So are turkics :^)
>>
>>1181949
Steppe Confederacies are generally very diverse collections of clans from various different ethno-linguistic backgrounds. It's entirely plausible that those tribes farthest west that belonged the xiognu Confederacy were not ethnically or linguistically xiognu, but members of foreign subservient tribe to the main xiognu royal clan.
>>
File: Da Yuan.jpg (156 KB, 368x500) Image search: [Google]
Da Yuan.jpg
156 KB, 368x500
>>1182100
You're using Greek sources as in from Mediterranean.

Easternmost Greeks were so remote we only know of Bactria since the Baktrids like the house of Diodotos kept records. That's as far as Greek records can Go.

As for the others, Greeks back in the Med knew so little about what the Greeks in Ferghana were called that Historians today use the collective Chinese name for them - Dayuan- to refer to them and refer to Chinese records- particularly that of Sima Qian's Shiji- regarding their history.
>>
>>1182078
Not a single mention in the article to him being turkic.
>>
>>1180724
Hopkirk is great
>>
Are turks (who literally are barely even turkic in the first place) really claiming figures like khwarizmi/avicenna/rumi ITT? They were all central asian persians/tajiks.
>>
>>1182696
Yes, they do that quite often.
>>
>>1176907
>Sakestan
>land of rice alcohol
>>
>>1182696
Yes. First time I see a fucking jew doing it though.
>>
The Bactrians, the Tocharians, the Sogdians are probably the most interesting people to no longer exist in my mind. The region is so interesting. What should I read to learn about them?
>>
>>1181028
This nigga knows
>>
>>1175998
The "free" market. Businesses continued to drive down prices to gain more sales, consumers would rather pay $1 for a shitty meal than $5 for something much healthier. I mean fuck in almost every place I've gone to school/worked a bottle of soda is always cheaper than a bottle of water, which makes NO sense.
>>
>>1179627
ITS 2016!!! WAKE UP!!! GLOBAL WARMING IS EATING THE LAKES.
>>
>>1184581
pashtuns and some tajiks descend from bactrians, tajiks/pamiris descend from sogdians, tocharians are gone though
>>
>>1184929
Ethnic Tajiks are literally Colonial Persians who expanded and colonized outside of mainland Iranian (most of what is Iraq, Iran, western Afghanistan, and Azerbaijan); which there were a shit ton of until people like Genghis Khan and his successors genocided.
>>
>>1185055
>Ethnic Tajiks are literally Colonial Persians
not true

there's no such thing as a persian identity, and in fact, most 'persians' today whether in iran/afghanistan/tajikistan are not descended from the original iranic pars tribe, persian is thus simply an ethnolinguistic term used to describe people who are of iranic background that is not distinct (i.e. they are not kurds/pashtuns/baluch/etc.)

the tajiks of balkh are different from the tajiks of panjshir are different from the tajiks of dushanbe are different from the tajiks of samarkand etc. whether in descent/lineage or even phenotype, it's not an actual ethnicity but like persian, just an ethnolinguistic factor denoting farsi speakers who have no other distinct ancestry
>>
>>1184581

Kurgan Hypothesis, then start following random Wikipedia links from there

Xiongnu is another fun one
>>
>>1184814
>dat mons pubis
HHHNNNNNNG
>>
>>1179668
WE WUZ WHITE N SHIT

t. chink
>>
File: 1.jpg (86 KB, 700x515) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
86 KB, 700x515
>>1185122
>Among the 32 main characteristics it is mentioned that Buddha has blue eyes.
>>
File: 42_foreign.jpg (21 KB, 226x500) Image search: [Google]
42_foreign.jpg
21 KB, 226x500
>>1184581
Sogdians were damn classy.
>>
>>1185072
>there is no such thing as persian identity
Shitpost harder.
>>
>>1185176
ethnicity I meant, there isn't, someone from mashhad is very different from someone from fars province in descent and phenotype, even more so if you go outside those borders
>>
>>1185196
Its funny you say that when both my mom and dad are Persians, my mother is from Masshad and my father is from Shiraz and they both are light skinned, fair haired, and speak only with slightly different accents.

Please stop.
>>
>>1182375
>ignoring persian sources provided precisely detailing the production of silk in serica and the location of serica to the west of china.

>muh non-chinese sources blah blah blah

not this cidf shit again

look, china isnt the celestial kingdom that the world revolves around
chinese sources also say that they are the chosen race and all others are barbarians
chinese sources also say that they independtly invented everything, and strive hard to prove it with slick tactics
just because cidf only considers chinese sources and ignores non-chinese sources, does not mean that the rest of the world should submit to cidf, as hard as that is for you to accept

there were people before the chinese who created alot of the stuff the chinese take credit for

these people became extinct, but western (persian, greek, roman etc) sources all support the facts provided, when precisely detailing bactria, parthians, sogdians, serica (tocharian kingdom of silk)

now please continue shitposting with more cidf muh china superior
>>
>>1185514
>Accepted facts are wrong!
>Muh fringe theory is correct!
/his/ = conspiracies and christianity.
>>
>>1185196
And an Englishman from London vs one from Cardiff are going to be a bit difference, that doesn't make either man a non-English.
>>
>>1185535
>a bit difference
*diferent
>>
File: City states of the Tarim Basin.png (366 KB, 505x351) Image search: [Google]
City states of the Tarim Basin.png
366 KB, 505x351
>>1185527
Nah, "Serica"actually exists: It's Xinjiang today.
>Serica was described by Ptolemy as bordering "Scythia beyond the Imaum mountains (Tian Shan)" on the West, "Terra Incognita" to the North-East, the "Sinae" or Chinese to the East and "India" to the South. This would correspond with modern Xinjiang province in North-Western China.
What the Greeks got wrong is that
1) It's a united country. It was a bunch of city states that lived off the major trade routes.
2) It is where silk comes from. They really just get the first in line off Chinese products. It also helps that the Tarim is like an intersection for routes going west and routes heading to India so they are middlemen.
>>
>>1179599
nice pic
>>
>>1182375
>>1185573

greeks lived in Mediterranean, black sea, pontic, crimea, central asia, india and china. they had a large and connected diaspora.

persians are literally neighbors of serica and confirm the greek accounts
>Seres was a confederacy of Tocharian people, who invented silk and traded it with the Indians, the Chinese and, through the Parthians and later the Sassanid Persians, the Romans.

the Tocharians produced silk is from both greek and persian accounts, and they accurately describe silk production in Seres and the location of Seres separate from China

Pliny the Elder states: The first people that are known of here are the Seres, so famous for the silk that is found in their mullberry tree forests. After steeping it in water, they comb off a white down that adheres to the leaves; and then to the females of our part of the world they give the twofold task of unravelling their textures, and of weaving the threads afresh (this describes silk thread extraction). So manifold is the labour, and so distant are the regions which are thus ransacked to supply a dress through which our ladies may in public display their charms.

The Shahnameh of Ferdowsi placed Serica (Kingdom of Silk) to the east of Airan and also to the east of Sugd east of the Syr-Darya (Jaxartes) River and part of Balkh (Bactria).

Similarly, Ptolemy, calls the chief city of Seres, Sera and the country Serice/Serica** states in Geographia, "The inhabited part of our earth is bounded on the east along the region occupied by the easternmost nations of Asia Major, the Sinae (China) and the nations of Serice." Further, "The eastern extremity of the known earth is limited by the meridian drawn through the metropolis of the Sinae

note the difference between Serice and Sinae. China and Seres are not the same
note Serica means the 'land of silk'
>>
>>1176431

Fuck off Mehmet. Al-Kwharizmi was Persian.
>>
File: The Capture of the Noble Jinmi.jpg (42 KB, 463x600) Image search: [Google]
The Capture of the Noble Jinmi.jpg
42 KB, 463x600
>>1186019
>greeks lived in Mediterranean, black sea, pontic, crimea, central asia, india and china. they had a large and connected diaspora.

Not during the classical period. And certainly not in the Ferghana. They might as well by Ayys.

Greeks didn''t even know of the major events on the Ferghana-Greeks but the Chinese do. Just look up the War of the Heavenly Horses, when Han China tried buying off 10,000 Warhorses from the Ferghana Greeks but they said "NO THAT IS OUR WHOLE STOCK." and subsequently China launched two wars to strongarm the Dayuan into giving them.

Pray, tell, where is that in your armchair-geographer based sources? Nada.
>>
>>1186019
>Similarly, Ptolemy, calls the chief city of Seres, Sera and the country Serice/Serica** states in Geographia

Take a look at the map here >>1180214
. Knock your brains out looking for Seres/Serica/Sera. I'm done with your stormfrontery.
>>
>>1176787
I don't find paki offensive but I know its a swear word people get really pissed over.
>>
>>1179608
You forgot the Kashmiri. They treat us as we're from another country
>>
>>1180689
This faggot.

He set out to prove that the Quran was based on logic. Why would he even bother going through that if he was jew?

>As a teenager, he was greatly troubled by the Metaphysics of Aristotle, which he could not understand until he read al-Farabi's commentary on the work.[17] For the next year and a half, he studied philosophy, in which he encountered greater obstacles. In such moments of baffled inquiry, he would leave his books, perform the requisite ablutions, then go to the mosque, and continue in prayer till light broke on his difficulties. Deep into the night, he would continue his studies, and even in his dreams problems would pursue him and work out their solution. Forty times, it is said, he read through the Metaphysics of Aristotle, till the words were imprinted on his memory; but their meaning was hopelessly obscure, until one day they found illumination, from the little commentary by Farabi, which he bought at a bookstall for the small sum of three dirhams. So great was his joy at the discovery, made with the help of a work from which he had expected only mystery, that he hastened to return thanks to God, and bestowed alms upon the poor.
>>
>>1180689
>but then again muslims say Jesus, Abraham, Moses etc are all Muslims...

Jesus christ you're dense. Islam wasn't even invented until 7th century.

All of these were prophets sent to convey a message to the people to pray to God and stop doing evil shit.
>>
>>1176335
>Afghan

Daily reminder that Afganistan is rightful Hebrew clay. The name "Afgan" is from Hebrew and translates to: Father (Av) Garden (Gan). Most Afganis trace their origins to Hebrews and the royal family acknowledged their Jewish ancestry.

http://www.shavei.org/category/communities/other_communities/asia/afghanistan/?lang=en
https://sites.google.com/site/muslimbaniisrael/hebrew-and-israelite-traditions-and-customs-of-the-afghans-pashtuns-pukhtuns
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/03/afghan-genizah-manuscripts_n_2403893.html
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/vjw/Afghanistan.html
>>
>>1186081
>being this retarded

heard of ibn Maymūn موسى بن ميمون?

ibn Maymūn, figures very prominently in the history of Islamic and Arab sciences and is mentioned extensively in studies. Mūsā ibn Maymūn read those Greek philosophers accessible in Arabic translations, and was deeply immersed in the sciences and learning of Islamic culture. Mūsā ibn Maymūn studied Islam and wrote about Islam.
Mūsā ibn Maymūn's work influenced other prominent Arab and Muslim philosophers and scientists.

does this make Mūsā ibn Maymūn muslim?

no Mūsā ibn Maymūn is Jewish, his Hebrew name is Moshe ben Maymon, latinized as Maimonides.

similar to Boharian Jew Avi Zion aka Avicenna was likewise a scientist of Jewish origin, "and may thus be included among the great Jewish physicians of history" (Roth, 170). His great work, Taysir, was one of the most widely-read medical treatises of the century, not least because it was translated early on into Hebrew "the language of the author’s ancestors." Johannes of Capua, a converted Jew, in collaboration with another physician from Padua, translated it into Latin in 1280. It was likewise at Padua that the great work of Avicenna, the Colliget (General Rules of Health), was translated into Latin by the Jew Bonacosa. The book became a standard medical treatise; it continued to be published after the printing press was invented several centuries later.

Jewish doctors attended courts from England to Arabia, often despite the prohibitions by the hierarchy against their employment. Jewish medical science remained continually significant into the present.

see >>1180888

>>1180581
>>1180689
>>
>>1186045

educate yourself

ancient Greeks lived throughout what is now Turkey, Caucasus, Balkans, Central Asia

heard of Alexander the Great and his army? his Greek army settled in throughout his conquests in Central Asia.

to this day Pamiris (and other Tajiks in China) claim Alexander's Greek army to be their ancestors

Alexander founded several cities in his new territories in the areas of the Amu Darya and Bactria, and Greek settlements further extended to the Khyber Pass, Gandhara (see Taxila), and the Punjab region. These regions correspond to a unique geographical passageway between the Himalayas and the Hindu Kush mountains through which most of the interaction between India and Central Asia took place, generating intense cultural exchange and trade between Greeks in Europe and Central Asia

just because you think they did not exist does not make it a fact
>>
>>1186045
The interaction of Greek and Buddhist cultures operated across Eurasia and over several centuries until it ended in the 5th century AD with the invasions of the Hephthalite Empire and the expansion of Islam.

The length of the Greek presence throughout Eurasia including northern India provided opportunities for interaction, not only on the cultural, commercial, but also on the religious plane.
>>
>>1186226
What? I wasn't saying that Greeks in the Ferghana didn't exist.

I was saying that Greeks in Greece did not know what was going on with the Greeks in Ferghana because they are too fucking far away. They just know that they are there.

The only thing the Greeks know of the Ferghana Greeks was "Yeah, they have settled in city states over there: Marakanda and Alexandreia eschate. These are the furthest Greek settlements in the East. Short description of people, short description of what they do there, Moving on to other areas blablablah..." Strabo for example had to rely on Greco-Bactrian records about these people. But tough tits, Greco-Bactria was being overrun by the Steppe Nomads, cutting off Dayuan.

Meanwhile the Chinks have traded, went to war against, exchanged ambassadors with, and allied with the Ferghana Greeks that they figure more in their history than in some Greek geographer's short description.

McFucking educate yourself.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Eschate
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayuan
>>
>>1186090
You are the dense. Muslim claim all prophets are muslim and Islam is the real religion while Judaism and Christianity are fake. And he was making fun of their belief.
>>
>>1186251
>extensive trade, contact between Greek diaspora of Eurasia for centuries
>I was saying that Greeks in Greece did not know what was going on with the Greeks in Ferghana because they are too fucking far away.

thats your ignorant opinions that conflict w/ facts

the silk road was not a mongol or a chinese phenomenon, it existed eons before and connected cultures all over eurasia, not just to link to china

the greeks lived throughout the ancient silk road and it would be retarded to go against historical facts claim they had no contact with eachother and were isolated

but please continue with your ignorant sino-centric worldview

read >>1186240
>>
Secret heavens of earth your government doesn't want you to know about because it makes them look incompetent in comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oVpY2FYFTE
>>
>>1186271
There's extensive trade between China and Rome but these two nignogs have no idea what is happening between the two of them do they? What does Rome & China know of the interdynastic politics of each other? Nada. All they know are memes, like the Chinese thinking that Roman Emperors are democratically elected, or the Romans thinking Chinese made silk off fibers from a tree/plant or some shit.

But you're convinced that the Greeks are magically connected just because they're Greek? Fuck off. Sure the silk route connected communities from China to the Roman Empire but it wasn''t the fucking internet.
>Sino-centric.
Get this in your head: the only source we have for the events of the Ferghana Greek's history are Chinese. Period.

By all means, show me the Greco-Roman side. Because all they have for the history of the Ferghana Greeks are
1) A Geographic description of them
2) It's time when it was under Greco-Bactrian rule.

But -like I said- Greco-Bactria was overrun by the Yuezhi
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuezhi#Bactria
Cutting off the Greeks in Ferghana, who then formed their own autist states. As they are cut off, so too Greco-Roman knowledge of them.

The last thing written about the Ferghana Greeks was in 30 BCE, and it amounted to "They've gone wild, living like central asians, but I heard they still are pretty greek!"
>"According to the Roman writer Curtius, the descendants of these soldiers still retained their Hellenistic culture at the time of his writing, around 30 BCE.
"
>>
>>1186284
Must be amazing to live in a city where there isn't a thousand fucking million cars on every road.
>>
>>1186300

>limited contact

Katsumi Tanabe, professor at Chūō University, Japan (in "Alexander the Great. East-West cultural contact from Greece to Japan"), besides Vajrapani, Greek contact also appears in several other gods of the Mahayana pantheon such as the Japanese Fūjin, from the Greek divinity Boreas through the Greco-Buddhist Wardo, or the mother deity Hariti inspired by Tych

Intense westward physical exchange at that time along the Silk Road is confirmed by the Roman craze for silk from the 1st century BC to the point that the Senate issued, in vain, several edicts to prohibit the wearing of silk, on economic and moral grounds. This is attested by at least three authors: Strabo (64/ 63 BC–c. 24 AD), Seneca the Younger (c. 3 BC–AD 65), Pliny the Elder (23–79 AD). The aforementioned Strabo and Plutarch (c. 45–125 AD) also wrote about Indo-Greek Buddhist king Menander, confirming that information about the Indo-Greek Buddhists was circulating throughout the Hellenistic world.

Another century later the Christian church father Clement of Alexandria (died AD 215) mentioned Buddha by name in his Stromata (Bk I, Ch XV): "The Indian gymnosophists are also in the number, and the other barbarian philosophers. And of these there are two classes, some of them called Sarmanæ and others Brahmins.

Buddhist monuments from the Ptolemaic period have also been found in Alexandria in Egypt, decorated with depictions of the Dharma wheel.[30] The presence of Buddhists in Alexandria at this time is important, since "It was later in this very place that some of the most active centers of Christianity were established".[31]
>>
What's the difference between Turks and Monglos and why aren't Turkish people mongoloid-looking? Where the Seljuk Turks mongoloid-looking? When did they stop being it if so? Is beacuse the Otomans expandes into Caucasoid dominated regiones like MENA and Eastern Europe?
>>
>>1186748
Turks in turkey are not turkic people. Turks in turkey are mostly a mix of native anatolian, greek, balkanite, kurdish and arab - there's very little to no turkic influence in most turks in turkey.

Turkic people as in uzbeks, kyrgyz, turkmen and so on do exist and look like mongols.

The initial seljuk dynasty were turkic/mongol looking, they stopped looking like turkics when they started mixing in with the natives of the areas they conquered.
>>
File: Lenguas_altaicas.png (49 KB, 1120x636) Image search: [Google]
Lenguas_altaicas.png
49 KB, 1120x636
>>1186748
1. They are both Steppe people and Altaic language speakers. However, the pre-settled Hungarians, the Huns, the Bolgars, the Khazars, and the Khitan are all also Steppe peoples. The Steppe is huge and the peoples that lived and still live there are not one unified type.

2. We actually have no idea what someone like Genghis Khan looked like. We have drawings, but none done during his life. Some of his grandsons had red hair so it is possible he did as well. His eyes are described as possibly green or possibly cat like. The Rus described other Mongols as having black eyes. We really don't know.

However, in the case of the Turks we know a little more. You can compare Turkmen and Central Asian Turks to Turks from Turkey. They will look different. Turks from Turkey are primarily native Anatolians with some Turk mixed in. Many were just Byzantine citizens who converted to Islam and intermarried. The Sultan of the Ottoman Empire was closely related to the Byzantine ruling family because of marriage ties, namely princesses marrying into the Ottoman royal family. This was even before the conquests of the Balkans.
>>
>>1186766
Teshekkyuler Anon
>>
>>1186788
Wasn't Attila the one with the red hair?
>>
>>1186788
My father's side is mongolian and I used to have red hair when I was a kid, but it went dark as I grew up. Same with my two brothers. My 8 year old brother still has red hair.
It ain't that rare to see a mongoloid with light/red hair around these parts, but I'm not sure where it originates from.
t. central asian
>>
File: YuanEmperorAlbumOgedeiPortrait.jpg (1 MB, 731x917) Image search: [Google]
YuanEmperorAlbumOgedeiPortrait.jpg
1 MB, 731x917
>>1186804
Maybe. Ögedei Khan is drawn with reddish hair in the Yuan Period.
>>
>>1186766
>>1186788
I see... Are Ottomans and Seljuk the same?
What I get from this is that the Seljuk Turks (Muslim Mongols) arrived in Anatomía from Central Asia, then they blended in with the locales, then (somehow, I'm have actually now idea if this is true, it's just me saying) became the Ottomans and Conquered the Bizantines. Is this somewhat accurate?
>>
>>1186748
Turks are within the Mongolid family.

look to Yakuts are the original Turks (pre-adoption of Scythian horse lifestyle)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakuts

Gokturks were Mongolid. thru genocide they replaced the indigenous Tocharians, Scythians, Parthans, Sogdians, Bactrians
the Donghu, Shiwei are Mongolic and created the Xiongnu, Xianbei, Mongols.
the Xianbei created the Tan, Nirun, Rouran etc...
The Tan created the Tūjué aka Gokturks

All this time the Mongolids lived in the periphery of Scythian civilization and learned/adopted the Scythian lifestyle and gradually advanced westwards until they erased Scythians/Tocharians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donghu_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xianbei
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiwei
>>
File: Anadolu_Beylikleri.png (341 KB, 1538x772) Image search: [Google]
Anadolu_Beylikleri.png
341 KB, 1538x772
>>1186824
Yes and no. The Turks of any variety are not Mongols, you can look at the map I posted before that shows Turkic languages in blue.

So the Seljuks came in from Central Asia and conquered Persia. Eventually they also conquered a large chunk of Anatolia from the Byzantines and called this the Sultanate of Rum because they thought they literally conquered Rome/Rum. Centuries pass and the Sultanate falls apart and the Anatolian beyliks appear. One of these is the House of Osman or the Ottomans, eventually they united the beyliks and conquer Byzantium. Thus the start of the Ottoman Empire.
>>
>>1186194
Post sources and academic evidence of Avicenna being a jew, faggot.
>>
>>1186991
Same with Khwarzami, but your shitposting so I won't expect anything.
>>
>>1186194
>this guy studied islam but was a jew so this guy is a jew too

Practising and studying Islam are two different things (some would argue otherwise). Albeit, I can't speak for the authenticity of the source. Admittedly, I don't have much knowledge on this
>>
>>1186268
Just checked, this is true. My b.
Also, who's he?
>>
>>1187014
>>1187006
>>1186991
He's literally shitposting, just ignore him.

>"ayy lmao all these famous Persians? actually jews, source my ass, just take my word for it!"
>>
>>1179891
Thank you, I have been looking for a clear example of moving goalposts and you have just provided one.
>>
>>1187145

you asked for it pendejo

Julius Preuss, Biblish-Tamudisch Medezin, Berlin, 1911
Max Gruenwald, ed., Die Hygiene der Juden (with an extensive bibliography) Dresden, 1911.
Harry Friedenwald, The Jews and Medicine, Baltimore, 1944

Cecil Roth, The Jewish Contribution to Civilization, London, 1956, 167
Monroe Rosenthal and Isaac Mozeson, Wars of the Jews, New York, 1990, 192-3
Roth, Ibid., 169.
A Souberin, Avicenne, Prince de Medecins, Paris, 1935.
Davidov Levi, History of Bokharian Jews, Tashkent, 1974, 201-3
>>
>>1187645
muchos gracias
you are doing Jahs work

>>1186194
>>1180888

>>1180581
>>1180689
>>
>>1187645
>Jewish sources
Into the trash it goes.

>>1187663
Nice samefagging, desu.
>>
>>1187703
>translation: I'm full of shit and now watch as I strawman and move the goal posts
At least be better with your shitposts, mate.

>the whole academic world literally runs on Jewish sources
No they don't, my hyperbolic shitposting racist poster.
>>
File: 1446618501264.jpg (33 KB, 272x284) Image search: [Google]
1446618501264.jpg
33 KB, 272x284
>>1187703
>the whole academic world literally runs on Jewish sources
Ayyyyyyy
>>
>>1187709
>cant handle the facts
>asks for sources >>1187645

>sources are too semitic
>whaaaa stop moving the goal posts u racist

i wouldn't expect anything less retarded from an antisemitic fucktard
>>
>>1187703
>His mother, named Setareh, was from Bukhara;[16] his father, Abdullah, was a respected Ismaili[17] scholar from Balkh, an important town of the Samanid Empire, in what is today Balkh Province, Afghanistan.[18] His father worked in the government of Samanid in the village Kharmasain, a Sunni regional power. After five years, his younger brother, Mahmoud, was born

yeah man, jews naming their kid mahmoud or jews even existing in northern afghanistan/southern central asia at the time

>inb4 hurr wiki
>>
>>1187737
Post the actual excerpts of his supposedly Jewish bacground. Especially the ones where they somehow have sources that countradict Avicenna's own words of his Persian heritage in his autobiographical accounts.

Much less the fact you made a retarded blanket statement about how he only wrote in Arabic (his most important works are actually in Persian), samefagged yourself by replying to your own posts, and still attempt to poison the well here.

Also explain how anything I said is anti-semitic, my lying revisionist.
>>
>The course of ibn Sina's (Avicenna) life was dominated by the period of great political instability through which he lived. The Samanid dynasty, the first native dynasty to arise in Iran after the Muslim Arab conquest, controlled Transoxania and Khorasan from about 900. Bukhara was their capital and it, together with Samarkand, were the cultural centres of the empire.
>However, from the middle of the 10th century, the power of the Samanid's began to weaken. By the time ibn Sina was born, Nuh ibn Mansur was the Sultan in Bukhara but he was struggling to retain control of the empire.
>Ibn Sina's father was the governor of a village in one of Nuh ibn Mansur's estates. He was educated by his father, whose home was a meeting place for men of learning in the area. Certainly ibn Sina was a remarkable child, with a memory and an ability to learn which amazed the scholars who met in his father's home. By the age of ten he had memorised the Qur'an and most of the Arabic poetry which he had read. When ibn Sina reached the age of thirteen he began to study medicine and he had mastered that subject by the age of sixteen when he began to treat patients. He also studied logic and metaphysics, receiving instruction from some of the best teachers of his day, but in all areas he continued his studies on his own. In his autobiography or ibn Sina stresses that he was more or less self-taught but that at crucial times in his life he received help.

Its funny. There's no mention of any Jewish heritage, interactions, or what not but he repeatedly stresses his Iranian ties, Persian identity, but is somehow Jewish! Amazing!
>>
>>1187743
guess what shitbrain? Abdurakhmanov is also a famous last name of Boharian Jews, so is Arabov and many other Arab names.

There is a whole caste of Boharian Jews known as "Chala" or Jews who feigned conversion to Islam.

Maimonides feigned a conversion to Islam but remained Jewish. Many Jews living under Islamic rule were well versed in Islam and influenced Islam greatly. Many Jews were also forced to convert, and many did to avoid harsh consequences.

Avi Zion like Mūsā ibn Maymūn like Bahtor Abdurakhmanov are all of Jewish origin

>>1187753
>Post the actual excerpts
scroll the fuck up pendejo
>>
>>1187783
Post the actual excerpts, racist conspiracy kun.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.