[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What branches of philosophy do you subscribe to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: ancients.png (16 KB, 800x345) Image search: [Google]
ancients.png
16 KB, 800x345
What branches of philosophy do you subscribe to?
>>
Gender philosophy.
>>
>>1175240
eleatics baby
>movement, change, creation, destruction are illusions
>>
Aristotelian.
>>
Phenomenology, everything else is purposeless conjecture grounded in baseless assumptions.
>>
Skeptic
>>
I like how they just left Confucius of of this list because he's so far in the past. China is and always will be centuries ahead.

No wonder AM/WF is so common now.
>>
Egoism.
>>
Cantknownuffin.
>>
>>1175300
>All classical Mediterranean philosophers
>"Where da Confucius at?"
>>
>>1175269
Non-philosophy, everything else is purposeless conjecture grounded in baseless assumptions.
>>
>>1175240
skepticism
>>
>>1175300
China wasn't ahead when it came to nation building. Alexander was a hundred years in the grave when the Qin Dynasty began.
>>
>>1175240
Stoicism.
>>
>>1175240
Stoicism. The virtue is where is at
>>
>>1175240
Post-deconstructivist shitposting faggotry. It's basically Derrida with a hint of Diogenes
>>
Sophism, fuck plato and his negative propaganda
>>
>>1175240
Plato is the only correct one, so his.
>>
File: 6EbHj9D.jpg (107 KB, 700x713) Image search: [Google]
6EbHj9D.jpg
107 KB, 700x713
>>1175240

<b>I S L A M</b>
>>
File: 1463961160888.gif (685 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463961160888.gif
685 KB, 500x500
>>1175300
>yfw this is bait
>>
Stoicism's been pretty compelling to me.
>>
Pee-peePoo-pooism
>>
sophist a shit
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 524x791) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 524x791
>>1178520
Based

http://youtu.be/cHqfk5lMw-E
>tfw this children's video reveals a lot about Islamic theology
>>
>>1175240
Marxism but mainly Islam and feminism.
>>
Platonism
Perennialism
Neoreaction
>>
I would hang with Socrates at day and text with Plato at night.
>>
Taoism.
>>
>>1175240
Can someone green texts me every branches of philosophy in this graph?
>>
File: davidbowie.jpg (205 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
davidbowie.jpg
205 KB, 1000x1000
Radical Empiricism
>>
>>1175300

Eastern philosophy has always been behind western in consistency and maturity. Western philosophy is just more refined. An extreme example of an inconsistent and "immature" philosopher would be, let's say, Ayn Rand. There are various degrees of shitty of course, but western philosophy is just so much more all encompassing than eastern.
>>
Haha nice memes. But I ask anyone of you? Why would I limit myself by 'subscribing' to a particular philosophy?

I rather just cherry pick different ideas from different philosophy's so it as self-serving as possible. Philosophical tribalism is sooooo boring.
>>
>>1180180
You sound like you don't know anything about what you're talking about. Eastern philosophy, especially Indic thought, has BTFO the West by centuries, and sometimes millenium. The oldest Upanishads, which are from as late as 600bc (and a lot of scholars date them much older than that) contain so much good shit. Kant came along in the 1700s and said some shit that just marginally refined what was already in the Upanishads and all of a sudden he's the bees knees, mind you that he was 2300 years late.

And that's just the Upanishads, which form a tiny portion of the Hindu scriptures, and one example. And I don't even mention the other Indic traditions, which have had significant developments for over 2000 years.

Your entire post is garbage and you should feel bad that you posted such bullshit.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.