[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think about Trianon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
What does /his/ think about Trianon?
>>
>start a war of aggression against a country you know has done you no wrong
>18 million people die
>BAWWWWWWW MUH BORDER VILLAGES
>>
>>1174571
>Serbija dindu nuffin, they was good bois

The Slavic victim complex strikes again
>>
Hungary getting trolled by Wilson's promises
>>
File: muh trianon.png (110 KB, 537x611) Image search: [Google]
muh trianon.png
110 KB, 537x611
> muh trianon
>>
>>1174587
Literally every primary belligerent in WW1 was at fault for the war in some way. The Serbs may have played a significant part, but don't act like the Habsburgs weren't going out of their way to turn the assassination into a war despite Serbia's efforts to accommodate the Austro-Hungarian demands.
>>
>>1174538
Weren't hungarians like only a tiny majority in pre-Trianon borders?
>>
File: Coat_of_arms_of_Romania.svg.png (242 KB, 670x921) Image search: [Google]
Coat_of_arms_of_Romania.svg.png
242 KB, 670x921
>>1174538
Hilarious
>>
>>1174738
Not at all. As a Hungarian I think Trianon might have been justified if it actually cared for ethnic borders and economies, but it didn't. It wasn't really done to reward the Little Entente but to flex some muscles and punish Hungary. Loads of Hungarians were left in our neighbours, who, after feeling free from oppression did not exactly go easy on them. In Slovakia for example they gerrymandered the electoral districts so that there would be no Hungarian majority in either of them (from W-E orientation to S-N) etc. Not to mention that half of Hungary's economy was left abroad with no time to rearrange things, naturally resulting in a huge crisis.

I have absolutely no bias or any form of modern-day revisionism in myself, and I can tell you that the way Trianon was done was not at all in accordance with Wilsonic pronciples. If it indeed attempted to do justice, it was an absolute hackjob. But I'm convinced that it didn't, it was an attempt of mainly the French to demonstrate power and gather some grateful allies in Eastern Europe that did not manage to evaluate possible consequences.
>>
File: trianon_2.jpg (110 KB, 580x488) Image search: [Google]
trianon_2.jpg
110 KB, 580x488
>>1174538
People don't realize it could have been much worse and that in fact the treaty was lenient towards Hungary while toning down the initial claims of their neighbors significantly.
Some ethnically Hungarian regions were lost due to economic and geographic reasons. At most they might have kept some border town like Komárno, Subotica or Satu Mare, but not much more than that.
Certainly not the borders of 1940 and not the absurd borders of 1867.
They eventually gained Ödenburg/Sopron which was supposed to remain in Austria.
>>
File: hat_r_1.jpg (574 KB, 1041x874) Image search: [Google]
hat_r_1.jpg
574 KB, 1041x874
>>1175448
more pics related
>>
File: hat_r_3.jpg (697 KB, 1078x975) Image search: [Google]
hat_r_3.jpg
697 KB, 1078x975
>>1175448
>>
File: hat_r_2.jpg (761 KB, 1266x893) Image search: [Google]
hat_r_2.jpg
761 KB, 1266x893
>>1175359
>>
File: hat_r_5.jpg (237 KB, 941x625) Image search: [Google]
hat_r_5.jpg
237 KB, 941x625
>>1175448
>>
>>1175448
The fact that it could have been worse doesn't mean it didn't suck. Toning down the claims of our neighbours doesn't mean much as those claims were ridiculous to begin with. We are talking about Trianon in more or less moral terms here (or at least I am) and the decision makers in question, or anyone for that matter, didn't really care much about those. Neither did they care for realistic consequences, everyone seemed to be lost in childish, romantic visions of national grandeur.
>>
>>1175490
Btw Sopron could vote whether they wanted to remain Hungary or be transferred to Austria. I honestly wonder how the youth there relates to this fact deep down...
>>
Genius french-anglo diplomacy to stop hungary from being german aligned by fucking them over and moving them towards germany. They even had to start a second world war because no one cared about their meme partitions
>>
eh...
t.croat
>>
>>1174587
>>1174732
Serbia did literally nothing wrong. They actually passed on their intelligence about the Black Hand to the Habsburg government, which failed to take action. Vienna actually KNEW that Serbia was innocent of the assassination when they went to war, and deliberately calculated their demands to be unacceptable. Austria and Germany were 100% at fault.

Fucking Reichaboos, Jesus.
>>
>>1174571
>Habsburgs were Hungarians
>we dindu nuffin

quality Slav educamation
>>
>>1174538
Rightful Romanian land
>>
One of the biggest injustice of the XXth century.
>>
Was probably too harsh. Nothing wrong with detaching the non-Hungarian parts of Hungary, and Transylvania will make people mad wherever you draw the line, but Czechoslovakia's border was way too far south and Serbia's a little too far north.
>>
>>1174538
Hungarians BTFO.
>>
>>1175964
At least learn the proper use of English before you start spewing your Hungaboo faggotry here
>>
>>1176004
>Everyone on 4chan is a native English speaker and has a perfect grasp of it.
>>
>>1174538
Nothing wrong with it. Should have done the same to Germany.
>>
>>1174538
the border territories with a hungarian majority should have been hungarian, other than the treaty is fine
>>
>>1175495
>Btw Sopron could vote
The Sopron plebiscite most definitely would not be considered a legitimate vote today. Voter intimidation was widespread.
>>
>>1176822
This, holy fuck.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.