[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone recommend books/sources from a German's point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 240x192) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 240x192
Can someone recommend books/sources from a German's point of view regarding German soldier/SS ideology and training? I don't care if it's pro nazi, I just want a different perspective and I want to understand what made the man move.
>>
inb4 the greatest story never told
>>
>>1174521
That's like telling someone asking for the definition of a word "inb4 dictionary"
>>
>>1174515
>training

Something like this?

http://www.alanhamby.com/tigerfibel.shtml

>SS

Not from a German but from a French perspective... Might still be interesting

https://books.google.fr/books/about/For_Europe.html?id=b9l7QCblQi4C&redir_esc=y

https://books.google.fr/books/about/The_French_Who_Fought_for_Hitler.html?id=sdSCuSMJMyEC&redir_esc=y
>>
File: ss.jpg (36 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
36 KB, 400x293
>>1174515
The German point of view:

>"Yes, Führer I obey!"
>"Uniforms are a valuable commodity!"
>>
I have one called Grenadiers - story of kurt mayer

kurt mayer was a nazi general who saw action on both fronts
>>
File: 1234.jpg (68 KB, 853x1176) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
68 KB, 853x1176
There's a political guideline book for the german armed forces written some time in mid/late 1944 which is called "Why we fight". It pretty much outlines the whole main impetus for fighting against western capitalism as represented by the US, britain et al and the zionist bolshevism as represented by the USSR. Also lays the natsoc worldview itself out further of course, and the whole idea/motivation behind the german empire from 1871 onwards and even before.

I think Rosenberg wrote it (with some others), but it's possible that it was written by an anonymous author too i don't really know

Anyways it's only 60 pages but incredibly worthwhile to read, don't know if there's an english version out tho but you can always use google translate or something
>>
>>1174515

Got some here:

https://mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

>Waffen-SS Armour in Normandy: The Combat History of SS Panzer Regiment 12 and SS Panzerjäger Abteilung 12, Normandy 1944, based on their original war diaries

>Soldaten - On Fighting Killing and Dying

>Eastern Front Combat - The German Soldier in Battle from Stalingrad to Berlin
>>
Thanks guys, good leads ITT
>>
>>1174754

Added couple more

>Black Edelweiss: A Memoir of Combat and Conscience by a Soldier of the Waffen-SS

>The Forgotten Soldier - Guy Sajer
>>
>>1174837
Thanks bro
>>
>>1174753
shit please somebody find this, i tried and failed
>>
>>1177765
Couldn't find it- is there an alternate title?
>>
>>1177765
http://research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/weltparasit.htm

closest thing i could find by rosenberg
>>
Getting food, pay and status is what made them move. Some of them bought into the espirit de corps, but it's not why a few million riflemen fought and died for the army, don't delude yourself.
>>
>>1179262
they could have received food, pay, and status anywhere else- especially when you consider that Germany did not have much to offer long term in those regards.

Don't delude yourself- If you've been to war, you would know that a soldier is not necessarily a prisoner- he can walk away.

> but it's not why a few million riflemen fought and died for the army, don't delude yourself.

they died for reason you would never know. are you honestly trying to tell me that you objectively know that millions of riflemen died for things other than esprit de corps? It was "some of them," but not a few million? Where do you get this ideas and figures from?

I think you're deluding yourself. These things need to be investigated.
>>
>>1174515
Like a memoir? Requiem for a German Past goes through a German man's life from when he was a child in the Weimar Republic up to the exact end of the war when he fought as a soldier in '45.
>>
>>1174672
>french volunteers for the eastern front

What kind of traîtrise do you need to volunteer to go to a shithole like Russia ?
>>
>>1179277

Have you been to war yourself? If so, you would probably know that most soldiers fight and die for their squad mates who they have become friends with, and not to defend freedom or whatever. People who don't bond with their unit and run away from the military are universally reviled for being huge faggots for making everyone else pull their weight.
>>
>>1179492
>If so, you would probably know that most soldiers fight and die for their squad mates who they have become friends with, and not to defend freedom or whatever.

lol. so, defending the lives of a country is different than defending the lives of squad members? defending lives of the men to their left and right isn't defending the freedom to allow others to live?

rethink this m8
>>
>>1174515
Might want to read Storm of Steel first before diving into ww2.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.