[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How deep does the rabbit hole of Jewish mythology go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9
File: 1463878727692.jpg (278 KB, 828x824) Image search: [Google]
1463878727692.jpg
278 KB, 828x824
Meaning piled upon meaning, layers upon layers.
Jewish religious and historical text reads like a hall of mirrors. Numbers, symbols, geometria, ancestral traditions and customs rising out of deep Old World history.

The Jews seem to be some of the most significant people ever to walk the Earth. Most conspiracy theorists have some special place for the Jews embedded deep within their lore. Most modern political ideologies have some twist to accommodate, explain, or otherwise deal with the "Jewish Question".

How to make sense of it all?
>>
So deep
So deep
So deep that it put her ass to sleep
>>
“That which is hateful to you, do not do to another. That is the whole Law. The rest is commentary. Now go and learn.”
― Rabbi Hillel
>>
File: angry_wojak.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
angry_wojak.png
29 KB, 633x758
>HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE
>>
>>1174632
>mfw my mom lived through the 70s and hated that song so much that she still got angry talking about the beegees 40 years later
>>
>>1174381
This is garbage.

Early Jews had no concept of trinity so they certainly would not have a symbol that represents that in their God.

Mind/body/soul is actually an Asian/Indian concept which again is removed from the Judaism. The west doesn't even get mind/dualism (duel not triniterianism) until Plato shows up hundreds of years after the star of david.

So your star of david picture is a garbage analysis.

Although several later groups such as the Hermtics (the thing your right most picture is based on) would appropriate their symbols and give them new meanings these are not the original meaning.

Likewise numbers being significant is a Pythagorean thing, a concept which the Jews borrowed when making Kabbalah.

Basically you are taking concepts the Jews took from other forms of mysticism, claimed as their own, and saying the Jews invented it all.

0/10 See me after class.
>>
File: spirals-kundalini-and-orbits.jpg (4 MB, 2433x3383) Image search: [Google]
spirals-kundalini-and-orbits.jpg
4 MB, 2433x3383
>>1174381
It's really not that "deep"
>dude gematria lmao
>dude the number 7 lmao
>kabbalah is like the anatomy of the body of god lmao

I'll never understand how people can whack off to the "esoteric" the way they do. Pry enough and you'll find patterns in anything.
>>
File: Synagoge,_Enschede,_Mozaiek.jpg (3 MB, 3452x3132) Image search: [Google]
Synagoge,_Enschede,_Mozaiek.jpg
3 MB, 3452x3132
>>1174381
live long and prosper OP
>>
File: 1461981597519.jpg (88 KB, 795x515) Image search: [Google]
1461981597519.jpg
88 KB, 795x515
>>1174654
We autists love the esoteric and abstraction because it takes us away from the never ending "dude your a cuck lol" debates that seem to occupy the worldly folks.
>>
File: 1459974882540.gif (494 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
1459974882540.gif
494 KB, 387x305
>>1174661
>the never ending "dude your a cuck lol" debates that seem to occupy the worldly folks.

How are the nonworldly mystics any different? They just express their spurned normie passions in something equally inane and unproductive, if not moreso. When has muttering the code for YHWH or Pazuzu actually caused your lead to turn into gold? Filled your cup to overflow? Leveled buildings? Added 6 inches to your height and Made manlets learn? Never? Send me the Ape of Thoth's library when something like that happens to you
>>
File: 1453693144008.jpg (79 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
1453693144008.jpg
79 KB, 300x419
>>1174677
>double sevens while shitposting about esoterics
Uncanny. Maybe Kek is the one true god, and we're just starting to slowly channel Him with 30-year virginal wizard abilities?
>>
>>1174677
I admitted from the getgo it's vain escapism wizard-san
>>
File: kekprophecy.png (297 KB, 746x589) Image search: [Google]
kekprophecy.png
297 KB, 746x589
>>1174696
>>
>>1174420

FPBP
>>
File: image.jpg (627 KB, 712x1918) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
627 KB, 712x1918
It's pretty devilish stuff.

Yeshu tried to save them from this schizo shit but they chimped out and killed him. Now they are spiritually stunted people who have evil intentions toward the whole world.
>>
>>1174381
if you wanna go by primary documents, you'll need to know hebrew for the bible, aramaic for the commentaries, arabic for rambam and muslim philosophy, and yiddish for the hasidism/yeshiva access
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.