[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
But what if God exists outside of Logic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: comfy food.jpg (442 KB, 1279x1706) Image search: [Google]
comfy food.jpg
442 KB, 1279x1706
But what if God exists outside of Logic?
>>
>>1174343
If God exists outside seemingly every form of human understanding, why believe in God? Or at least, why believe anything specific about God.
>>
>>1174343
CATSUP

ON

BANANAS???????
>>
>>1174343
He does. Don't try to understand, it's heresy. You must believe!!!

>Microsoft

shiggy diggy
>>
>>1174343
There's emphasis on faith for a reason.
>>
Hinduism believes that each individual is a manifestation (atman) of a transcendent, immanent, infinite being (brahman); this might be comparable to Kant's notion of the ding an sich.
>>
File: c3b (1).jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
c3b (1).jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>>1174359
>CATSUP
>>
>>1174343
>putting ketchup on fucking bananas
Jesus I know this is old but dammit.
>>
The notion that religious faith represents a neuropathology has been around for a while. Jaynes' book "The Origin of Conciousness In The Breakdown Of The Bicameral Mind" postulates an ongoing process that is responsible for both religious faith and delusional mental illness.

To accept that our world is the outcome of a series of random events is almost impossible for them. They believe because in the end disbelief shows that the world is a hostile and uncontrollable place to be, and that any or all of us can be wiped out at any time. Only the assignment of meaning to human history allows for the feelings of security that seem to be essential to the average believer
>>
File: neo 4chan.jpg (1 MB, 2188x1214) Image search: [Google]
neo 4chan.jpg
1 MB, 2188x1214
>>1174356
>If God exists outside seemingly every form of human understanding, why believe in God?
Why not?
>>
>>1174343
>But what if God exists outside of Logic?
Then why bother?
>>
>>1174343
I don't believe in God anymore
>>
>>1174343
The concept of existence is bond of up in logic. We can only say existence and non-existence are concepts because they can be expressed in logical terms.
>>
>>1174434
I'm 30 and cuckposting is the funniest shit ever.
>>
If everything must have a cause, why can't something cause itself? The requirement that a thing has a cause is being met.
>>
>>1174434
>the "i just made collage of all the things i dont like" deluxe pack
>>
>>1174434

I literally have no idea what any of this shite is.

I-I'm scared.
>>
>>1174434
Jeez, whoever made this picture is anti-fun. As expected from a 4chan poster though of course.
>>
>>1174433
the bible said god just wiped everyone and restarted the world once
So... are you sure the guy has a point that no kid at the age of 17 couldbt make?
>>
>>1174451
Rip in hell
>>
>>1174493
>>
>>1174493
just what i was thinking. Have a (you) on me
>>
>>1174343
Most theologians dont' believe this to be the case.

I did ask a Buddhist scholar thsi question and he said the buddha can exhist outside of logic though. I personally do not believe this particular scholar was trained in philosophy enough to answer the questoin with authority tho.
>>
>>1174434
Because I don't agree with slavery.
Because I like eating shellfish.
>>
>>1174343
Existing outside of Logic is also know as being non-existent.
>>
But what if God exists outside of reality?
>>
That would explain why he's so humanlike yet was apparently not created by humans. Because that's totally illogical.
>inb4 made in his image
>>
>>1177428
>Criticism of God reduced only to a criticism of Christianity
>Criticism is also meritless and based on a strawman interpretation made up by autistic 12 year olds that nobody has seriously held to
>>
>>1174434
>IHE on this list
Good post tbqh
Anyone butthurt at it needs to kill themselves
>>
>>1178647
You you have shit taste if you don't like South Park. Objectively.
>>
If god exists outside of logic, he can't be known in a way that doesn't invite all manner of insane woowoo to be "known" in a similar fashion, rendering the whole effort futile.
>>
>>1178647
This guy included like all random crap that he even can thing so of course there would be some that a sign of the good post for you. You fallen into a ruse.
>>
>>1177428

disliking the rules of a thing is not grounds to disbelieve in it.

I don't like all the laws of the country I live in but I still believe it exists.

There are plenty of things I dislike that still exist.

To use slavery as an example, slavery exists independently of whether it is liked or not. Slavery exists today, and many people dislike it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.