[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are hungarians so proud of him if he was essentially romanian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: matthias_corvinus.jpg (751 KB, 1100x1470) Image search: [Google]
matthias_corvinus.jpg
751 KB, 1100x1470
Why are hungarians so proud of him if he was essentially romanian? I thought hungarians hated romanians?
>>
is this thinly veiled Trianon thread
>>
>>1172788
They hate gypsies specifically, but who doesn't?
>>
File: romania_shitpost.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
romania_shitpost.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>1172886
I thought they considered all romanians as gypsies though?
>>
>>1172788
He had a great pr-machine, but actually was very hated in his own time.
>>
>>1172788
Hey, people who hate nations for no reason besides irrelevant historical quarrels and take national pride very seriously usually don't actually know much about history (or anything for that matter).
>>
>>1173665
Butthurt Jew detected.
>>
>>1173001
Woah that gypsy with the cap is kinda hot.
>>
>>1172788
>if he was essentially Romanian
Only -who would have guessed- Romanians believe this, he and his father were most likely Cuman descendants.
So bad b8, pretty pretty bad b8.
>>
>>1173665
Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.
>>
>>1172788
I mean the place he was born is today a part of Romania but it was Hungarian back then. Why do you call him romanian?
>>
Because people can have common national heroes with other countries?
>>1172788
>Why do you call him romanian?
His dad was likely a son of a romanian noble.
>>
>>1173716
>Butthurt
>Jew

Literally nothing in the post implies either of those
>>
>>1173844
>>1173815
Meant for.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.