[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we all know about the Crusades and what the Arabs and Turks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1448959437871.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1448959437871.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
So we all know about the Crusades and what the Arabs and Turks were doing during these conflicts with Christendom. But what exactly were the PERSIANS doing during the Crusades when they were going on and everyone was fighting?

Were they taking part in it?
>>
they were getting btfo by the mongols
>>
>>1172641
This and also they didnt like the other Muslims so didnt care
>>
>>1172629
>>that quote
I consider the muslim takeover of persia to be an atrocity equal to the christian takeover of rome. Stupid abrahamites should take their stupid desert cults back to the desert they sprung from.

RIP based persian dude.
>>
>>1172641
>>1172661
The mongols weren't a factor in the 11th century.
>>
>>1172629
>That quote
>Claims and more claims over more claims

The Quran's poetic beauty is still unmatched by arabian philosophers, poets and writers.
>>
>>1172673
No one cares about Arab philosophers and poets. There are Persian philosophers and poets that have created works infinitely more beautiful than the Quran.
>>
>>1172671
There was more than one
>>
>>1172673
The qurans secret is code 19, thats why people couldnt copy it
>>
>>1172671
They were though? Mongols literally did what the idiotic weak crusaders didn't, destroy the arabic empire
>>
>>1172629
Anyone? What were the Persians doing while everyone else were fighting in Near East during the Crusades? Were they taking part in it?

>>1172641
That wasn't until 1218 AD. Also the Khwarezima Empire was Turkic, not Persian.

>>1172716
There were no contact between Iranians with the Mongols until 1218 AD. So

>>1172720
>11th century: 1000-1100 AD
>Mongols
>>
>>1172720
They weren't, dummy.

>Mongol contact with the Khazermian Turks: 1218
>First Crusade: 1095
>>
>>1172730
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were talking about the first crusade only
>>
>>1172720
>Khwarazmians
>Arabic

>>1172738
He was talking in general from what I understanding. There's about two hundred years between that and the involvement of the Mongols coming from the Steppes in the Far East to fuck up everything in Central Asia.

You didn't understand that?
>>
To start tackling this question I think it's important to first establish that these were not nation-states back then. Like Persia was not a nation-state like Iran is today.

Essentially though, the Persians were contributing to the power of large dynasties like the Seljuk Empire (Seljuk Turks), the Zengids (Turks as well), and the Ayyubdis (I want to say Kurds but I am not sure). That means that there were Persian soldiers (soldiers born in Persia or whose families were from Persia) in these armies but the dynasty heading them and the larger military force was not Persian but from wherever the ruling dynasty was from/was getting its slaves from.

Persians contributed a lot to the dynasty's culture but when you are looking at the belligerents they are usually dynasties and not countries just yet.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.