[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: z6.jpg (102 KB, 476x598) Image search: [Google]
z6.jpg
102 KB, 476x598
>>
brilliant thread
>>
>>1172493
Finally, a thread we can all get behind.
>>
10/10 thread lad
>>
>>1172493
>be Voltaire
>have nothing to do because lol noble
>shitpost constantly AKA write books and witty plays
>everyone pissed off at me because they can't handle the bants
>other retards start listening to me, like that retard the comte de guibert and "muh citizen soldiers"
>die
>half a century later a bunch of retards inspired by my shitposting go on a fuck huge European war for 2 decades
>mfw
>>
>
>
>
>>
>>1172631
H
R
E
>>
>>1172727
Horrible
Regretful
Error
>>
>>1172748
Heathen
Retard
Edition
>>
>>1172493
Horrid
Revolting
Excrement
>>
Hilarious
Retarded
Eyesore
>>
i like how his face makes him seem superior to everyone
>>
was Voltaire a jew? Look at that schnoz
>>
>>1172493
Where exactly does voltaire criticize the HRE in his works,i took a quick glance at his stuff and couldn't see anything related to this meme.
>>
>>1173077
he was actually anti-semitic
>>
UNHOLY
GERMANIC
CUSTOMS UNION
>>
Hebephilic
Rapist
Eel
>>
>>1173108
by today's standards yes but he recanted his rant on the Jews as just being an emotional outburst after having money stolen by a Jew
>>
File: 1458428373939.png (4 MB, 1778x2014) Image search: [Google]
1458428373939.png
4 MB, 1778x2014
>holy
>roman
>empire
>>
>>1173428
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1459374161992.jpg (6 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
1459374161992.jpg
6 KB, 200x201
fuck Voltaire

HOLY
>emperors coronated by the pope
>papal lands belonged to HRE for many years
>catholic faith was the state religion

ROMAN
>they were the inheritors of Rome
>Roma was inside the HRE at one point

EMPIRE
>collection of smaller units governed by an emperor
>by definition an empire
>the german word was/is Reich, which could just mean realm, not empire as a political system
>>
>>1173322
>after having money stolen by a Jew

Every fucking time.
>>
>>1172561
L'homme fou absolu.
>>
>>1173664
a tale old as time
>>
>>1173649
you're still reaching, even at the absolute peak of the kaiser's power
for one thing, how exactly was ANYONE the inheritor of rome?
>>
>>1173649
Holy
>HREmperors in constant conflict with the pope and The birth place of protestantism

Roman
>lost Italy and parts of Gaul before reformation. The "Roman Emperor" control no significant part of Roman Empire.

Empire
>HREmperor was a nominal titled and had no significant authority over German princes.

C'mon son. The only claim you got is Charlemagne kinda reconquering west RE.
>>
>>1172561
This guy was a fucking genius.

God bless IRL shitposters !
>>
>>1172561

He wasn't a noble though.
>>
>>1173090

He did not , many germans are his fanboys, like Frederick or Goethe
>>
>>1172493
Truly a brilliant masterpiece. From the moment I saw the image of your post, I knew this would be a thread. In fact, during that split second, that one moment my sinapsis realized it was a picture of him, the French, the meme philosopher, the madman, Voltaire, it became readily apparent that this wouldn't be just another thread on the Kamakura shogunate. No, it wouldn't be just another thread on ancient Etruscan scripts. No, it wouldn't be another thread on WW1. It would be much better than that. It would be a thread on the so called glorified Holy Roman Empire. The artistic instrict that has brought you, the OP, to use a sole dot to conotate the term >HRE is brilliant, in that it brings harmony and, at the same time, humor to your post. It is an exquisite preposition that culiminates everything that is both a meme and historic, like in a Wenn's diagram. I am proud to live in the same age as you, and I will make sure to tell my sons and grandsons the tale of the anonymous user who, in an imageboard, make such an awesome masterpiece out of a thread on an anime imageboard. Congratulations, OP.
>>
>>1174559
Saved
>>
>>1174559
omg kek
>>
File: assad.jpg (83 KB, 470x588) Image search: [Google]
assad.jpg
83 KB, 470x588
>Free
>Syrian
>Army
>>
They held rome longer than Byzantines fucbois
>>
>>1173649
>Catholic
Peace of Westphalia
>inheritors of Rome
Ehm no, popes don't get to choose who's the successor. And Rome was in the HRE at some point yes, but that would make that papal state Roman.
>Empire
Just because you have a title doesn't mean you're actually in practice an emperor. The emperor had no more control over the various duchies then the EU has over it's member states.
>>
>>1174559
Beautiful
>>
File: top_ten_pranks.png (570 KB, 746x819) Image search: [Google]
top_ten_pranks.png
570 KB, 746x819
>>
>>1172493
what did he meme by this?
>>
>>1175630
The question isn't "what did he meme by this?" but "who did he meme by this?" and the answer is everyone
>>
>>1175468
>Just because you have a title doesn't mean you're actually in practice an emperor. The emperor had no more control over the various duchies then the EU has over it's member states.

And how does that make him less of an emperor? What's your definition of emperor?
>>
>>1172493
>Sacred
>Romanic
>Land
>>
>Pagan
>Germanic
>Tribal Homeland
>>
>Sacrosanct
>Gothic
>Union
>>
>>1173322
That's hilarious.
>>
>>1173649
>catholic faith was the state religion
>that sure worked out

>they were the inheritors of Rome
>proofs?

>collection of smaller units governed by an emperor
>a bunch of independent states with embassies etc under a nominal meme government
>>
File: Volty-kun sees a failed state.jpg (8 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
Volty-kun sees a failed state.jpg
8 KB, 183x276
Why is so smug /his/?
>>
>>1172493
these minimalist shitposts are getting real SPOOKY
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.