[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your favorite Presidents of the United States.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNzU2ODQ4NjUz.jpg (149 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNzU2ODQ4NjUz.jpg
149 KB, 1200x1200
Post your favorite Presidents of the United States.
>>
that one that smoked weed
>>
File: 1463365980553.jpg (74 KB, 407x546) Image search: [Google]
1463365980553.jpg
74 KB, 407x546
>>
File: lbj.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lbj.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>1170548
>>
>>1170684
That one fucker that sent my grandad to Vietnam and killed him with Agent Orange 40 years after the cease-fire
>>
File: Nixon.jpg (105 KB, 615x400) Image search: [Google]
Nixon.jpg
105 KB, 615x400
>>1170548
>>
>>1170558
>>1170684
Good taste
>>
>>1170684
LBJ sowed the seeds of America's destruction. The only possible reason for liking him is if you're an illegal spic or something.
>>
>anyone other than Eisenhower
>>
File: andrew.jpg (345 KB, 610x739) Image search: [Google]
andrew.jpg
345 KB, 610x739
Designated Badass
>>
>>1170548
Andrew "Fuck Indians and banks" Jackson
>>
>>1171881
Ike was the man
>>
>>1172084
>>1172091
Literal meme tier pres
>>
File: John-Tyler-e1375298032558[1].jpg (44 KB, 462x599) Image search: [Google]
John-Tyler-e1375298032558[1].jpg
44 KB, 462x599
>Harrison's unprecedented death in office led to the question of whether the actual office of president "devolved" upon Vice President Tyler, or merely its powers and duties.he Cabinet met within an hour of Harrison's death and, according to a later account, determined that Tyler would be "Vice-President acting President". However, by the time Tyler arrived in Washington at 4:00 a.m. on April 6, 1841, he had firmly resolved that he was, in name and fact, the President of the United States. Acting on this determination, he had himself sworn in as president, without any qualifiers, in his hotel room.
>Tyler retired to a Virginia plantation, originally named Walnut Grove. He did not take farming lightly and worked hard to maintain large yields. His neighbors, largely Whigs, appointed him "overseer" of his road in 1847 in an effort to mock him. To their displeasure he treated the title seriously, frequently summoning his neighbors to provide their slaves for road work, and continued to bear the title even after his neighbors asked him to stop.
>As of 2015, Tyler has two living grandsons through his son Lyon Gardiner Tyler
>>
>>1172124
>haha fucking autist
>pls stop it was a joke
>No.
>>
Based nigga 100%
>>
>>1172178
Forgot pic
>>
>>1171157

>>>/containment/
>>
File: William_Jennings_Bryan.jpg (652 KB, 1080x1438) Image search: [Google]
William_Jennings_Bryan.jpg
652 KB, 1080x1438
>>1170548
>>
>>1170548
David Bowie is my favorite president, too.
>>
>>1172298
sliver standard 4 life

It's too bad American historical narrative is obsessed with winners, there's a lot to learn about the American people and what politically captivates them when you look at WJB.

Also, how's life in that alternate universe?
>>
TR.
>>
>>1172298
He was totally ruined by Monkey Scopes, probably unfairly. he gave some really amazing speeches and had a lot of passion. His anti-Imperialism speeches are still poignant today imo. his whole cause for Free Silver/getting off the gold standard was a major political movement even though it ultimately failed.

I always really liked reading about that election (1896 though iirc he ran many more times).
>>
>>1170684
BASED
>>
File: coolidge tipping a giant hat.jpg (12 KB, 250x279) Image search: [Google]
coolidge tipping a giant hat.jpg
12 KB, 250x279
>>1170548
The last good president of the 20th century.
>>
>>1173486
>keep cool with Coolidge

They don't make slogans like they used to. Cal is much better than he's given credit for.
>>
>>1173518
>Cal is much better than he's given credit for.

Do tell. His administration is characterized as one of perpetual inaction. He had the good fortune of being president during a time of unprecedented growth & prosperity, which was not due to any of his own policies, but from America's ascendant position following WW1.
>>
>>1173533
His action materialised through inaction. He mastered it. It wasn't just "doing nothing." He was trying to lead by example. "Business of America is business."
Those who don't understand the situation but are trying to sound appeasing say that he meant well but couldn't have known that such and such and it's all meaningless talk especially considering it was Hoover and FDR who failed (and it's not like the situation was all that great after Wilson's presidency).
>>
>>1171157

But what if I like him because he went to war in Vietnam for his dick?
>>
>>1173550
Other freedom-loving presidents were Van Buren, Tyler, Taylor, Cleveland and Harding. So none of the presidents that usually appear on the top of people's lists. Definitely not when the main argument is "because he was so cool and killed a lot of people." Cool or not this is not president's job so I don't give a fuck how many bullets they have in their bodies.
>>
Coolidge motherfucker
>>
>>1173550
It seems to be that he would have been unfit for anything other than the period of halcyon days he had the good fortune to enjoy. He had no trials or triumphs.
>>
>>1170548
President Trump
>>
>>1170548
>monocle
>moustache
>wrestler
>writer

I don't see any competition
>>
>>1170552
Which one? Obama, Clinton and Jefferson all did. There might be more too
>>
>>1173700
It's likely that he would've sticked to his beliefs and acted differently than Hoover and FDR which sounds good to me.
>>
File: breaking-news.png (422 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news.png
422 KB, 640x360
>>1173765
>>monocle
>>picture without monocle
>>
>>1173831
>done nothing during the worst economic depression in modern history
>a good thing

I can't help but think you're historically illiterate. The Great Depression was not a typical downturn in the business cycle. It a world-wide collapse in trade. Agricultural prices plummeted putting millions of Americans out of work. This coincided with vast swaths of the American heartland turning barren in the dust bowl. This precipitated huge migrations of people all across the US. Hundreds of banks were being run out of business daily at the height of panic. Reciprocal tariffs being erected all over the world put thousands of factories out of business.
>>
>>1173921
Unnecessarily prolonged thanks to New Deal. That's about it.
>>
>>1173834
mistakes were made.
I always thought he wore one though. Seems like a guy who would.
>>
File: Ulysse_S_Grant.jpg (657 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Ulysse_S_Grant.jpg
657 KB, 1200x1600
>>
>>1173925
>Unnecessarily prolonged thanks to New Deal

Debatable. And the historians who make this claim don't advocate doing nothing as the preferable alternative. Many of them argue that the New Deal didn't go far enough, and it was FDR letting off the breaks that interrupted the 30's recovery.
>>
>>1173929
He might have because I think I remember him wearing one. I was just laughing that the picture didn't match the words
>>
>>1173945
God I wish I still had the notes I made when I thought I was gonna write about the Great Depression in my thesis.
The market started showing signs of recovery in mid-30s when he got rid of Agricultural Adjustment Act before another depression hit hard. Or maybe it was National Industrial Recovery Act? In any case, punishing farmers for making too much food and sending a fascist-like goons to destroy their property or creating a lot of shitty jobs as a way to "fight" unemployment but in reality only served to fuck over people is never a good policy.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.