[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Kissinger /his/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Henry_A_Kissinger.jpg (333 KB, 2000x2459) Image search: [Google]
Henry_A_Kissinger.jpg
333 KB, 2000x2459
Tell me about Kissinger /his/
>>
>>1170374
Do you have an actual question that can't be Googled?
>>
He was responsible for the deaths of millions of Vietnamese. Sorry that's really about all I know of this man.
>>
Almosy had the opportunity to see him speak recently but I wasnt able to get tickets ;_;
>>
>>1170387
>He was responsible for the deaths of millions of Vietnamese
American education, everyone
>>
>>1170422

Did I say something innacurately?
>>
>>1170449
Yes. You attributed the deaths of a war to a single person who wasn't even the leader of any of the involved countries.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you're a vietnam war scholar. If that's the case, please explain how Kissinger was "responsible for the deaths of millions of Vietnamese".

What I'm thinking is you just had a libtard high school history teacher who brainwashed you.
>>
File: 1456010817436.jpg (3 KB, 123x125) Image search: [Google]
1456010817436.jpg
3 KB, 123x125
>>1170480
He's not a goy, goy.
>>
>>1170374
kissinger and his goy wife rofl.

anyway, i have an anecdote to share relating to kissinger. my grandmother's family were german jews who lived in the same community as Kissinger did (washington heights). she also went to the same synagogue as the parents. apparently, when kissinger divorced his first jewish wife and married pic related, his parents were extremely ashamed about it
>>
>>1170465
He was in charge of foreign policy, he bears a great deal of responsibility.
>>
>>1170374

Concentration camp liberator, self-made man, American hero.
>>
>>1170480
>goy
I don't think you really know what that means
>>
>>1170374
based in terms of diplomatic victories for the US, terrible humanitarian record
>>
Proof is in the pudding, under his "reign" over the foreign policy establishment the USA is the undisputed king of world affairs and there's no denying it.

9/10 would play chess with.
>>
>>1170465
>>1171037
the Nixon strategy was to so hurt the North Vietnamese that they came to the negotiating table on favorable terms, which they kind of did. It's just that they violated the terms of the agreement and we didn't really do anything about it, which may have been the plan all along, to leave with some moral high ground at minimum.
>>
>>1170374
A much more interesting thinker than he's been credited for being. Check out his books, which show that he's not actually interested in realpolitik, and Niall Ferguson's new biography, which sheds great light on his intellectual and moral development.
>>
>>1171944

Read Diplomacy, World Order (the latest one) last year and can second this. One aspect of his international relations writings I find lacking though is that he's never been able to discuss international political economy in any great detail and always shied away from economic issues in favour of the surface politics.
>>
File: hitch.jpg (42 KB, 400x253) Image search: [Google]
hitch.jpg
42 KB, 400x253
War criminal per Chris Hitchens before his conversion to Christianity.
>>
>>1170422
Yeah and the viet cong invading south vietnam are totally blameless right
>>
>>1172165
well it's their own country, leave them to decide their own future.
>>
>>1172161
I hate the term 'war criminal' and you should too. It's an oxymoron.
>>
>>1172210
How about if during a war I was a soldier and start raping your mom with your chopped off dick? Would that be a war crime?
>>
>>1172247
No it wouldn't. War is the killing of the enemy until you have their territory or surrender, that's it. Everything is fair game in my opinion.
>>
>>1172261
The world would be a much worse place with you in charge.
>>
>>1172295
We nuked hundreds of thousands in Japan and the world is better for it. To make the world a better place, sometimes you need to go to war, and going to war means achieving victory by any means necessary.
>>
As far as I know, he was a "good" jew.
>>
>>1172302
In one instant you claim anything should be allowed no matter the intentions or consequences, and in the other you try to defend your position with an action that did make the world a better place.
>>
>>1172302
how does raping your mom with your chopped off dick help win the war?
>>
>>1172261
Maybe in old wars of conquest, but the wars we engage in in the modern era are about creating a more US friendly regime in the given area. How can you do that if you're abusing or killing the civilian population?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.