[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did medieval people really believed in dragons or they doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Slug Dragon.png (715 KB, 620x820) Image search: [Google]
Slug Dragon.png
715 KB, 620x820
Did medieval people really believed in dragons or they doesn't like we doesn't believe in true love?
>>
File: ....jpg (12 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
12 KB, 500x321
>>
>>1168975
All stories of serpents, winged serpents, dragons, etc., should be considered to be about dinosaurs.
>>
Probably they believed in monsters in the end of the world.
>>
>>1168975
I think dragons, demons and other supernatural creatures (pagan gods) were actually metaphors for humans existing in certain states, or for memes that could take hold of a community. Over time the references were lost and people began to think of these creatures literally.
>>
Nigger

There's billions of people on earth right now who believe in alien warlords bombing volcanoes with nukes to cause mental illness, Jewish zombies with psychic powers, 8 armed blue men who dream the universe into existence witches who happen to only target poor African villages, and pedophile arabs chopping the moon in half

People are retarded and will believe anything if you say it with utter confidence
>>
>>1168989
it could, but it'd be wrong.
>>1168975
No, for example, lots of mythical-like creatures were found in africa, and BECAUSE they were similar to mythical creatures, people wouldn't believe they were really there.
>>
>>1169254
The chinese do not think the dragon mythical at all. He's just one year like the rat or the dog or the chicken.
>>
>>1168989
>>1169254
I don't think this is what he meant, but medieval people really did used to dig up dinosaur fossils and think they stone bones of dragons or other monsters. I think it happened when they were building the Paris Catacombs for example.
>>
>>1168975
people still believe in monsters today like bigfoot, the loch ness monster, the jersey devil, aliens, etc etc
therefore it should be safe to assume that people in the past also believed in monsters
>>
>>1169276
It helps to remember that the word "dinosaur" was only coined in the 1850's.
>>
>>1169230
Quoted for truth.
>>
File: Hb5pH3j.jpg (98 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Hb5pH3j.jpg
98 KB, 400x400
>>1168975
>dat grammar
>>
>>1168975
Deep as fuck
>>
>>1169230
>>>/leddit/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.