[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>please do not start threads about events taking place less
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 006-nehemiah-1.jpg (213 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
006-nehemiah-1.jpg
213 KB, 1024x768
>please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago

I wish we could make this 100 years so we don't have to deal with communist subhumans, naziboos and all kinds WWII and Cold war retards.
>>
>>1167864
The Cold War is fun though.

Really, the problem was japmoot slapping "and Humanities" to the history board.
>>
>>1167864
But that causes us to miss out on all sorts of relevant humanities, anon. Ideology and philosophy changed a lot in the 20th century.
>>
File: word became flesh.jpg (14 KB, 236x317) Image search: [Google]
word became flesh.jpg
14 KB, 236x317
>>1167864
>>
>>1167864
I wish it was zero years and the people here was mature enough to discuss actual modern history.
>>
>>1167881
If you want serious discussions, you're better of going to an actual history forum. The quality of discourse on 4chan has somehow managed to go down in recent years and it's actually starting to hurt my brain.
>>
>>1167881
We have this shit in /pol/ and /int/ and both are vile places.
>>
>>1167881
It would devolve into politics then. Non stop Trump threads and Isis would be the norm.
>>
>>1167883
What are actually good history forums?
>>
>>1167883
Its always been shit
a l w a y s
>>
>>1167887
/r/History
>>
>>1167887
Historum
World Historia
All Empires
Alternate History
>>
>>1167864
>its another "lets whine about discussion we don't like instead of reporting and hiding it like normal people" episode
I hope you're happy with the fact that you probably bumped an actual /his/ thread off so you could shitpost about shitposting.
>>
File: 1393187197786.jpg (139 KB, 1024x1253) Image search: [Google]
1393187197786.jpg
139 KB, 1024x1253
>>1167888
Yes and it's actually managed to become worse as the site has grown. I liked muh secret club.

>>1167884
What's so vile about them? The uncontrolled flow of opinions? The insults?

>>1167887
Beats me. Only one I'm aware of is myArmoury, which is focused on weaponry. The site also has a number of interesting essays on the subject.
>>
We should have the same age limit to determining history as is used to determine whether some item is antique or not.
>>
>>1167895
>I hope you're happy with the fact that you probably bumped an actual /his/ thread off so you could shitpost about shitposting.
I probably bumped off a thread about how real communism was never tried or another /pol/ shit.
>>
>>1167883
But I like to be anonymous.
>>
>>1167875
I wish we had more Cold War threads
>>
Cold war is my favorite period though.

Tbh a 1 year limit could work
>>
>>1167864
we must go deeper!
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/573f53a8831ac-carl-munck-s-the-code-the-book-of-enoch.php
>>
20th century history is convoluted as fuck and filled with conspiracy theorism and other disinformative nonsense. It's just as bad as Judeo-Christian history.
>>
>>1167864
The board would be too slow without it. Good history threads arent wrecked by naziboos. 90% of the boards problems comes from lumping religion in.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.