[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /his/ opinion on MASH? Book, Movie, and Show opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 450x338
What's the /his/ opinion on MASH? Book, Movie, and Show opinions
>>
>>1166916
>Book
Didn't read it

>Movie
Hilarious. I give it an 8/10.

>Show
Too pinko for my tastes, but it has its moments. Solid 6/10.
>>
>>1166916
>Book
Haven't read it.

>Movie
Great.

>Show
Exactly pinko enough for me, 8/10.
>>
>>1166916

TV show was pinko because it was an allegory for the ongoing War in Vietnam.

I grew up overseas in the Middle East and it was always on after school. RIP Col. Blake.
>>
>>1166916
>Book
Didn't even know there was a book.
>Movie
Have yet to watch it.
>Show
10/10 GOAT show.
>>
>>1166916
RIP Col. Blake
>>
File: myrna loy.jpg (56 KB, 680x389) Image search: [Google]
myrna loy.jpg
56 KB, 680x389
read the book(s), funny enough, movies was good but I'm a Robert Altman fan, and the show was okay though got a bit preachy after the first season when Trapper John and Frank left.
>>
I used to watch the reruns a lot, there's plenty to like about the show, most of all the supporting cast, but in retrospect there's a touch of proto-cuckery about Alan Alda
>>
I loved watching the show as a kid.
>>
>>1167248
did you know the guy who played colonel potter only died in 2011
>>
>>1167387
>a touch of proto-cuckery about Alan Alda
>a touch
It was like 40% of the show.

>A BLOO BLOO WAR
>A BLOO BLOO COMMIE SYMPATHY
>A BLOO BLOO LOOK AT ME I'M A PINKO

Literally every episode. Would've been so much better if they just followed the movie instead of throwing in Hanoi Alan bullshit.
>>
File: mash.jpg (59 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
mash.jpg
59 KB, 250x350
>>1167758
RIP Harry Morgan. Potter was the most based CO of any fictional army unit ever.
>>
File: 1219-0-cry.jpg (27 KB, 460x282) Image search: [Google]
1219-0-cry.jpg
27 KB, 460x282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo
>>
>>1168479
BECAUSE
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.