[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know about the MK-ULTRA experiments, but is there any merit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: zappa2.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zappa2.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
I know about the MK-ULTRA experiments, but is there any merit to the claim that LSD and other drugs were put out on the streets to disarm and stupefy the burgeoning counter-culture?

It does seem a bit suspect that a drug tested by the government as an incapacitating agent suddenly and inexplicably became immensely popular as a recreational drug at that time.
>>
>>1283768
>LSD and other drugs were put out on the streets to disarm and stupefy the burgeoning counter-culture?
Maybe Crack and drugs like that but LSD has honestly made me a better person overall.
>>
>>1283768
As far as I know the claim is not meritous. LSD and similar psychedelics do not hold promise as incapacitating agents for military use, it degrades rapidly in the air and doesn't vaporize into a fine <1um mist like anthrax or tularemia.
>t. war pro

If anything, the transgressive subcultures of the 60s and 70s probably did more harm to LSD than it to them. Since "free love", LSD has permanently carried the stigma of a brain-frying hippy dippy drug in the same cache as MDMA or poppers and not a phenomenally potent psychedelic/entheogen agent with a bright future in therapeutic applications.
>>
>>1283793
>LSD has honestly made me a better person overall

how the fuck would you know junkie?
>>
>>1283833
Not him but LSD changes your perspective on literally everything, cannot be explained without being experienced.

It's like trying to describe colors to a blind person. It's much more than simple euphoria.
>>
File: 1465588339992.jpg (57 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1465588339992.jpg
57 KB, 500x334
>>1283833
I do it maybe once every 2-3 years. It (and mushrooms) changed my entire perspective on life. I'm a much kinder/calmer person now in general.
>>
question for people who have taken LSD

what are the chances of developing mental disorder of illness after taking LSD, i heard brian wilson from the beach boys developed permanent auditory hallucinations after taking it so im scared of trying it

also is it expensive?
>>
>>1284004
Depends on the area but $10-$25 a hit. Stick with 1 your first time. I rarely do more.

Bottom line is that it can happen but it won't give you anything you don't have already. It just triggers your heavy genetic predisposition. You'd probably end up going crazy anyway.

I know 1 friend who had to go to the hospital 2x then they sent him to the loony bin for a couple days and he's fine now. Don't honestly know if he takes anything.
>>
File: Alex_Grey-Family.jpg (337 KB, 1000x844) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Grey-Family.jpg
337 KB, 1000x844
>>1284004
If you have a family history of schizophrenia or have other mental health issues, LSD can make things worse and bring out disease that was latent. This is beyond whether your trip is good or bad - acid messes with your psyche it is very potent. Key to a good trip is mental preparation and setting - if you go into it casually like you would just smoke a bowl and relax you're gonna have a bad time. Go in with positive thoughts, willing to let the trip take you where its gonna take you and have someone sober to watch you - there is nothing worse than being alone with your thoughts spiralling inward. A bad trip can ruin you, or a good trip can heal you.
>>
>>1284126
I'm somehow immune to bad trips but everyone else I've met is not so lucky. "worst" trip I had was complete ego death but you don't even know what existence is so it's impossible to be scared. Totally worth it.
>>
>>1283916
You sure that isn't just a product of you growing as a person?
>>
>>1284126
Seriously respect hallucinogenics. They are strong and will fuck you hard. Even a small dose of mushrooms has had a lasting effect on me thanks to The environment and time I took them.

If you have any mental health concerns at ALL be cautious and respect these substances. It's really not a walk in the park for someone with any type of mood disorder.
>>
File: 1460847280289.gif (199 KB, 336x468) Image search: [Google]
1460847280289.gif
199 KB, 336x468
>tfw complete nervous wreck
im never going to be able to safely experience any of this cool shit am i
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 600x800
>>1284004
The first time I tripped on LSD I had a psychotic breakdown; past midnight wandering through the streets of my neighborhood in my underwear, writing all over my body with a sharpie marker and approaching the cars of morning commuters soon after dawn, hoping they would offer guidance and protection.

When I regained some sanity, I thought I had broken my brain but years later, it's obvious the way I was living and treating myself was going to lead to a mental breakdown anyway. I was constantly berating myself, telling myself that I wasn't worthy of love, passively hoping I'd get killed off or totally abandoned so I had a reason to off myself. LSD accelerated the process and helped me come to a temporary solution for my mental issues at the cost of one night of absolute terror.
>>
>>1284138
You should try LSD senpai it's amazing, I had a sense of "everything will be okay" for months.

>you will never caw like a pyterodyctl on top of a giant jenga block tower while your friends dance around like dinosaurs
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.