[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christans of /his/, orthodox , catholic and protestants. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1465634657215.jpg (172 KB, 1200x952) Image search: [Google]
1465634657215.jpg
172 KB, 1200x952
Christans of /his/, orthodox , catholic and protestants. How do you maintain your faith given all the contradictions and historical evidence that goes against the bible? How do you keep believing that Jesus was the son of god when, historically, he was most likely just an apoclitpic prophet and follower of John the Babtist who preached of end times in which Jews would reclaim their land from the Romans? How do you still believe you have free will despite god knowing your future? How does it make sense that Jesus died for things he already knew we were going to do?

tl;dr how do you keep your faith in light of all the evidence that it's no real.
>>
>>1279818
a single bump.
>>
>don't respond to retard threads
>>
>>1279818
Well, I'm no longer a Christian due to completely unrelated circumstances, but let me try to address what I can from my upbringing and my current faith.

>How do you maintain your faith given all the contradictions and historical evidence that goes against the bible?

Faith is something stronger than evidence. I have faith in my gods because of what I've experienced and because of how I feel. I imagine the same goes for Christians. Also, if you take their doctrine of a 'fallen earth' as fact, then all evidence is suspect. After all, Satan is the God of this world (2nd Corinthians 4:4), and he's often called the prince of lies. Dunno if there's a scripture reference for that, would be interested to know if any Christfags wanna bring it up.

> How do you keep believing that Jesus was the son of god when, historically, he was most likely just an apoclitpic prophet and follower of John the Babtist who preached of end times in which Jews would reclaim their land from the Romans?

'He was most likely...' this statement is a claim, and the sort which easily allows bias to creep in. Personally, I think he was just a follower of John the Baptist who got lucky, but you do have to wonder why he became so successful after death, when that region was CRAWLING with 'messiahs' at the time. Why were none of the others so successful?

>How do you still believe you have free will despite god knowing your future?

Christianity grappled with this quite a bit, and a shitton of heresies cropped up over it. You oughta look into them, they're super fascinating.

>How does it make sense that Jesus died for things he already knew we were going to do?

A sacrifice that can give itself willingly for things it understands is the purest sacrifice of all.
>>
>>1279818
Because Christians consider the historical consensus bias, and thus not worth following.
>>
You don't think we ACTUALLY believe in magic kikes, do you?

I like christianity because it was the religion of my white ancestors

Christian morality freed the world from all manner of savagery
>>
I ignore makinds errors and belive in what I understand of god
aka
>what is FAITH
>>
>>1279980
>I like christianity because it was the religion of my white ancestors
Jesus Christ, how cringe-worthy. Who the hell follows or even likes a religion just because his ancestors did?
>magic kikes
Yep, you're an idiot.
>>
>>1280287
I'm really hoping that guy is a troll.

Than again half of my fellow pagans on /x/ are only into paganism because of 'muh heritage' 'muh whiteness'. It's awful.
>>
>>1279818
Behold the gaps!!!
>>
>>1279818

>historically, he was most likely just an apoclitpic prophet
According to your definition of historic, he was most likely just an apocalyptic prophet. Literally, your own perspective only sees Christ in that way.

>How does it make sense that Jesus died for things he already knew we were going to do?

If Christ never died, then people would be less likely to seek God, thus Heaven's Gates (knowledge of divinity) would be shut off to most people

If Martin Luther King never died and preached his message, would the civil rights movement ever bring a lasting change?

>how do you keep your faith in light of all the evidence that it's no real.

It is common for people to claim there is no evidence when other people genuinely ask God in fervent prayer and eventually are revealed and blessed with what they have been asking.

So your evidence comes from asking God honestly and receiving honestly.
>>
One day you're going to realize you don't and can't know all the answers to your questions. You'll choose to believe in something metaphysical, be it one spirituality or another. Then it is only a matter of specific "flavor".
>>
>>1279818

Mostly, I get really mad and shout JEWS at anyone who points such a contradiction out. Then I feel better.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.