[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the French ever make much of an attempt to convert the Muslims
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: France Islam.png (18 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
France Islam.png
18 KB, 800x533
Did the French ever make much of an attempt to convert the Muslims in their colonial clay to Christianity?
>>
eh
>>
>>1165667
We taught them that their ancestors were from gaul and most muslims drank alcohol before the independance and now the radicalization.
I think its quite a success
>>
File: 800px-France-Constituent-Lands.png (213 KB, 800x791) Image search: [Google]
800px-France-Constituent-Lands.png
213 KB, 800x791
Yep, Guiana, Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Martinique... Everywhere but the lost clays in fact.
>>
>>1165824
>it is 2016 and France is still a colonial power

Charles De Gaulle was a Fascist who picked the winning side. Get it together frogs.
>>
>>1165667
No, but neither did the British (who owned Egypt, Iraq, Somalia, Pakistan and many others of the current most terrible islamic shitholes)
>>
not really. of course, like in everything they do, they made an institution claiming to do it, but that is just a way to keep control over the subjected ones so they dont do anything on their own and dont fully acquire the french way. they keep them in an empty in between so the frenchies can keep their fragile security over what they do.
>>
>>1166520
if it makes you sleep at night, leftie cuck
>>
>>1165824
There was no muslims in these places.
>>
They did actually try to convert the berbers, as it was perceived that their nationalistic tendencies would support abandoning the arabs religion and returning to that which was theirs before the conquest.
It didn't work well.
>>
They said "become Christian and you'll be a citizen", but there was so much resentment that even less religious Arabs would not age wanted to become French
>>
>>1167161
They never said that. A choice was given between being subject to religious law and becoming a citizen subject to French civil law, but converting was not required.
>>
File: 1435426992828.png (220 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1435426992828.png
220 KB, 499x499
>>1167079
>be berber
>convert to islam
>raid europe for centuries
>some frog comes and tells me to become pagan again
>mfw no face
>>
>>1167296
North Africa was Christian before Arabs came.
>>
>>1167311
ohh
>>
>>1167296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hYtN2zWX8c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oAtMMvnDy0

BTFO
>>
>>1167398

Those French chicks should have known better than to visit busy cafes.
>>
>>1167296
>Islam
>not demonic paganism
Since when is Christianity pagan? Unlike you, we actually worship God.
>>
>>1167311
Various degrees of organisation.
>>
Yes.
>Je me suis trouvé pendant quinze ans à Dakar avec trois millions de musulmans, cent mille catholiques et quatre cent mille animistes, et si pendant ces quinze ans on a pu convertir dix musulmans, c'est un maximum. Je veux dire les convertir vraiment, les faire passer de l'islam au catholicisme. Je ne dis pas qu'il n'y ait pas eu une certaine influence catholique grâce à nos écoles où nous avions jusqu'à 10 à 15% de musulmans. Je n'en voulais pas davantage, sinon ils auraient imposé l'islam dans nos écoles. Une fois qu'ils sont forts, ils s'imposent, prennent la tête du mouvement et essayent de convertir les autres. Quand ils sont faibles, ils écoutent et se taisent. Les jeunes gens qui ont été dans nos écoles ont certainement été influencés, peut être certains d'entre-eux ont-ils désiré le baptême c'est très possible. Mais c'est très difficile pour un jeune homme de se convertir au catholicisme, car il est chassé de sa famille, il sait qu'il risque même d'être empoisonné. [...] Il n'y a que ceux qui sont étudiants en université qui arrivent à se convertir parce qu'ils sont indépendants. Ils savent que leur avenir est assuré; dont ils n'ont plus besoin de leur famille et partiront en Europe, ils peuvent se convertir. Mais convertir quelqu'un qui est dans sa famille, c'est pratiquement impossible. En inspirant la religion islamique; le démon a véritablement empêché la conversion de millions d'hommes.
>Archbishop Lefebvre, founder of the SSPX
>>
>>1168252
Good quote, where did you find it?
>>
>>1167921
>Islam
>not demonic paganism
uh Islam is monotheistic. or is paganism just a buzzword to you?
>>
File: Islam.png (993 KB, 1238x2786) Image search: [Google]
Islam.png
993 KB, 1238x2786
>>1169218
Please.
>>
>>1169237
Nice forced meme you got here
>>
File: Satan rubs his hands.gif (2 MB, 800x337) Image search: [Google]
Satan rubs his hands.gif
2 MB, 800x337
>>1169242
>meme
Nice buzzword, denial and refusal to read historical facts my clueless friend who knows nothing about the origins of Islam.

I bet you're a muslim too since you didn't attack the anon who called Christianity pagan. Silly Abd Al-Makir.

You worship a demonic spirit who wants to be God and everytime you pray towards his image in the prostitute Kaaba in Mecca, he rubs his hands.
>>
>>1167921
Christianity and Islam same difference.
>>
File: Allah.png (152 KB, 1043x1354) Image search: [Google]
Allah.png
152 KB, 1043x1354
>>1169278
Same difference? No.

The abomination which muslims call "Allah" is not what arab Christians call Allah, i.e. God.

>For when God made a promise to Abraham, since He had no one greater by whom to swear, He swore by Himself.
Hebrews 6:13

Pic related, we see that "Allah" does not swear by himself. Instead, "Allah" implies that the stars, the moon, the 'brilliance' of the sun, and a man-made city are greater than Allah - the very things he is supposed to have created. He even swears by such menial things as fruits which is not surprising since "Allah" is Satan and in the Holy Bible Satan is described as:
>"the god of this world" (2 Cor 4:4)
>"the whole world lies in the power of the evil one" (1 Jn 5:19)
>"the prince of the power of the air" (Eph 2:2)
>"the ruler of this world" (Jn 12:31)

Read >>1169237
>>
>>1166520
>Charles De Gaulle was a Fascist who picked the winning side
I think that was pretty obvious
He was also a major piece of shit and set up a broken political system to pander to his Napoleon fetish while still assuming a pretense of democracy
He also figuratively shat his pants in anger when people started disagreeing with him, fled Paris in May '68
He was a hypocrite and an incompetent that never did anything worth of note apart from war-time advertisement and I can't help but REEEEE when anyone mentions this cunt
>>1167921
>>1169218
>>1169278
>>1169302
Both muslims and christians worship Satan and that is a fact
>>
>>1170587
You're gonna need a bigger bait.
>>
>>1170747
since religions are made up anything anyone says about them is canon :^)
>>
>>1170806
>look mom I shitposted!
>>
>>1170817
at least I'm not using a trip :^]
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.