[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one create a 'House'?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Like the House of Bonaparte
>>
>>1162782
>Gather political influence.
>Declare yourself king.

Like that.
>>
>>1162791
If you create a House, what direction should you go?

Should you create a lineage directly like Osman I in the House of Osman or should you create a House of Bonaparte for the entire family like Napoleon?
>>
Are you asking where babies come from?
>>
>>1162812
Depends on the culture really.

In China for example, nobody gave a shit about lineages since the rule there is Mandate of Heavens = whoever makes China stable & prosperous gets it. If you're the first Emperor you're the grand Imperial sire.

As for Napoleon, his justification was that of a liberal monarchy in which he was the first enlightened king chosen by france or some shit.
>>
>>1162850
Is it traditional to have a house in your family name or can you make it your first name and then name your eldest son after you?
>>
he bangs some bitches
>>
File: Sun Tzu bait.jpg (219 KB, 837x768) Image search: [Google]
Sun Tzu bait.jpg
219 KB, 837x768
>>1162850
>In China for example, nobody gave a shit about lineages
Jesus Christ, the Mandate of Heaven meme has gone way too far.
>>
>>1162868
It's not traditional to have a "family name" at all.
>>
>>1164133
So what should you name your house?

Your surname or your first name?
>>
>>1164142
In the West, it was generally the name of your ancestral land or major fief, the nickname of an illustrious ancestor or simply the name of the founder. Just look at the English dynasties.

Another important thing is that most house/dynasty names were invented many centuries after the founding. That's why you get ugly non-names like "Carolingians" or "Rurikids".
>>
>>1164194
In fact, I'm almost certain family names became standard in England when the Welsh Tudors introduced the practice.
>>
>>1164073
List of people who became emperors and founded Imperual dynasties:
>Qin Dynasty
Founded by a King.
>Han
By a peasant.
>Sui
A halfbreed minister
>T'ang
General
>Song
Another general
>Yuan
Barbarian.
>Ming
Peasant again.
>Qing
Barbarian again.
>>
>>1164256
I'm sure most of them if not all practised the cult to their ancestors like it's traditional in china, though.
>>
>>1164291
What I meant about "lineages" is that nobody cared that they were non-nobles when they became emperors/were winning the struggle.

Of course, after the dynasty is established, its hereditary from then on. Though didn't prevent shit like capable relatives seizing thrones like Ming's Yongle (uncle of the Emperor) or Tang's Taizong (Second son of Gaozu of T'ang)
>>
>>1164256
>>1164323
>nobody cared that they were non-nobles when they became emperors/were winning the struggle.
That's just bullshit again.
Seriously, try reading some actual Chinese history.
The Mandate of Heaven is a meme invented to legitimize these peasants and foreign barbarians seizing power, post-facto.
The Song in particular even legitimized the predecessors they overthrew just so they could legitimize their own "succession". It's all propaganda. Before and even after the fall of the ruling dynasty, being related to an emperor was one of the easiest ways to gain legitimacy.
Liu Bang invented some imperial lineage for himself and dozens of minor dynasties and pretenders claimed descent from the Liu family for centuries.
And imperial houses aside, the Chinese cared a great deal about families and lineages. That's why they fucking invented family names and Taiwan still has official positions for descendants of Confucius and Mencius.

>Of course, after the dynasty is established, its hereditary from then on
Except it applied posthumously to the Emperor's ancestors too, especially around the Three Kingdoms era. It's all propaganda.
>>
>>1162782
Well you see Anon, when a man and a woman love eachother very much...
>>
>>1164402
To be fair, I don't deny that Chinese history (or rather historiography) is quite peculiar in having this "Mandate of Heaven" concept. But the title of "Emperor" of China is not much different from the title of Caesar/Kaiser/Czar/Tsar/Qayser/Emperor claiming Roman succession in European history, and lineages/families/houses were just as important in China as in the West, if not more.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.