[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the most historically accurate movies/TV shows? Pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 640x753) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 640x753
What are the most historically accurate movies/TV shows?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>1162597
Do you see historical accuracy as a gliding scale or an either or thing?

If you mean the latter than there simply is none.
>>
>>1162597
Well, Generation Kill is very authentic
>>
Boardwalk empire.
>>
>>1162776
25 years rule right? Or was it that long ago?
>>
>>1162783
This really.
>>
Jack of All Trades
>>
>>1162827
Pretty sure it's 2003 Invasian, not Gulf War.
>>
>>1162783
The clothes at least are perfect. The cut of the collars and jackets are 100%.
>>
Stalingrad (1993) was pretty accurate from what I could tell. As well as Das Boot.
>>
The Knick is pretty accurate in terms of medicine, though not the times in which the technology was implemented (they had to take some liberties with it)

Great TV based in the 1900s
>>
Forrest gump
>>
>>1162597
I don't want to hijack this thread, but its somewhat related.

I was talking to a friend about The Human Condition by Masaki Kobayashi we both thought it was great but didn't know enough about Japan's history to know if it was accurate.

If any of you have seen it, could you tell me whether it was generally accurate or not?
>>
Game of Thrones
>>
>>1165833
Just finished it. Great show.
>>
Maria the Virgin Witch
>>
>>1166480
This, actually. Besides the magic and shit.
>>
Rome
>>
>>1162597

Rome and Deadwood are somewhat accurate

Hornblower is also good in this regard
>>
>>1162604
clearly he sees it as a gliding scale otherwise he wouldn't have used the descriptor "most".
>>
>>1166903
I thought /his/ didn't think Rome was accurate?
>>
File: Ambition.webm (2 MB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
Ambition.webm
2 MB, 640x356
>>1162597

Three Kingdom 2010
>>
The most accuarate that I have seen is Pedro I el Cruel,but is only in Spanish.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.