[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torture and executions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
What are some /his/ approved tortures and executions?

Inb4 scaphism, brazen bull, and blood iggle
>>
File: stake.jpg (59 KB, 387x255) Image search: [Google]
stake.jpg
59 KB, 387x255
I dunno why but to me there's something beautifully simplistic about tying a person to a stick and just fucking setting them on fire.
>>
>>1161611

Celine Dion, Justin Bieber amd looping the Barney song until the detainee is driven insane.

I know the rules of this board, but BARNEY SONG TORTURE.
>>
>>1161618
Kek
>>
Abacination sounds shitty

>Blinding specifically as a form of torture was recorded in ancient Persia. A corrosive chemical, typically slaked lime, was contained in a pair of cups with decaying bottoms,e.g., of paper. The cups were strapped in place over the prisoner's eyes as he was bound in a chair. The slowly draining corrosive agent from the cups eventually ate away at the eyeballs

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abacination
>>
File: Inquisition.jpg (142 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Inquisition.jpg
142 KB, 640x480
>>1161618
Aparently they would usually garotte the victim first before burninating them.
Also they would pile the wood up to their chin as otherwise the flames would expose their naked flesh to the public (and that would be sinful)

Apparently a lot of the cool things we've learned about the past is not entirely correct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY-pS6iLFuc
>>
File: pop a wheelie.jpg (22 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
pop a wheelie.jpg
22 KB, 227x222
>>1161611
>>
>>1161611
Was crucifixion a thing and why brb wikipedia
>>
>>1165005
You don't really think any of that stuff in the bible was made up do you?
>>
>>1165005
Yes it was. The Romans loved crucifying people. It was common throughout the empire. Funny how the Christians latched onto it.

Side note: how could I ever explain to Roman-senpai that I have a massive fetish for their favorite torture method because my culture shows us a crucified man every single day
>>
>>1165005
yes crucifixion was a thing
>>
I like defenestration, literally just throw them out a window.
>>
>>1161611
I dont like physical work so just attaching someone in a bassin full of water so only the head is out, then putting some honey on his face, just to wait for flies to come and eat his face while he shits himself and pollutes the water, seems perfect to me.
>>
i like this video about tortures (it's /v/ related but it's related and fascinating none the less)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwOYOQT12f4
>>
>>1161658
Damn, that is gnarly. I personally think that psychological torture is by far the worse, because not only is it difficult/impossible to treat, but people who don't know will look down on you for being mentally weaker and will avoid you.
>>
File: woolding.jpg (89 KB, 499x679) Image search: [Google]
woolding.jpg
89 KB, 499x679
Woolding is the practice of tying a knot around a person's head and pulling it tighter and tighter until their eyeball pops out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpl6LZWgG8s

Being hung, drawn and quartered has always seemed like a pretty shitty death to me.
>>
>>1161658

Hourly reminder that Persians were actual barbarians
>>
File: enhanced-10367-1445954867-1.jpg (132 KB, 625x833) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-10367-1445954867-1.jpg
132 KB, 625x833
>>1165073
25:21 And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
25:22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.
25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

seems legit
>>
>>1161611
Feeding people to pigs is pretty hardcore. I'd say. Not sure if anyone did it in history.
>>
>>1166083
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xUynRdzzsM

They sure did
>>
File: Anno,.png (2 MB, 1600x902) Image search: [Google]
Anno,.png
2 MB, 1600x902
>>1161611
>/his/ approved tortures
The wooden horse/spanish donkey is a personal favorite of mine
>>
>>1161611
What in the actual fuck is a blood iggle?
I looked it up, but Google doesn't even want to say...
>>
>>1167473
op meant blood eagle
>>
>Scaphism, also known as the boats, was an ancient Persian method of execution designed to inflict torturous death that was described by the Persians' archenemies, the Greeks. The name comes from the Greek σkάφη, skáphe, meaning "anything scooped (or hollowed) out".

>The intended victim was stripped naked and then firmly fastened within the interior space of two narrow rowing boats (or hollowed-out tree trunks) joined together one on top of the other with the head, hands and feet protruding.
>The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey to the point of developing severe diarrhea, and more honey would be poured on him to attract insects, with special attention devoted to the eyes, ears, mouth, face, genitals, and anus.
>In some cases, the executioner would mix milk and honey and pour that mixture all over the victim. He would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun.
>The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects which would eat and breed within the victim's exposed flesh, which—pursuant to interruption of the blood supply by burrowing insects—became increasingly gangrenous.
>The individual would lie naked, covered from head to toe in milk, honey, and his own feces.
>The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that fatal dehydration or starvation did not occur.
>Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation, and septic shock.
>Delirium would typically set in after a few days.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.