[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>already 2000 years since his ascension to heaven He's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1462986387772.jpg (59 KB, 672x372) Image search: [Google]
1462986387772.jpg
59 KB, 672x372
>already 2000 years since his ascension to heaven
He's not coming back, is he? I thought he simply went up to prepare heaven for us?
Am I going to be one of the countless people who spent their entire lifetime waiting and died without any closure?
>>
This hubris of yours is silly, why would you be special?
>>
>>1275506
I won't call myself an authority of the bible but it's been mentioned multiple times that 'the time' is at hand. 2000 years into the future and there's still no sign of him coming back. I find it strange for him to prolong our stay here on earth, given that he is all about love and compassion.

Is there perhaps a quota or number of lives/souls that must be reached in order to set in motion his return? That or his perception of time is vastly different from us e.g. one second for him is a millennium for us humans.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 440x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 440x360
>>1275488 >>1275551 It hurts, doesn't it? You and your people just aren't important enough. He has abandoned you. Perhaps he isn't coming back. Why should he? Perhaps Mohamed was the last prophet. Maybe Josesoh Smith. Maybe the real Mesiah hasn't been born yet.

MAYBE he's found another species on a planet in another galaxy that is more worthy of his attention.
>>
you got meme'd, sry
>>
File: 1426663817465.jpg (32 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1426663817465.jpg
32 KB, 500x498
>>1275488
you got jewed
>>
>>1275592
>MAYBE he's found another species on a planet in another galaxy that is more worthy of his attention.
Wow this hurts
>>
>>1276005
You'd have literally no way of knowing on what grounds he chose them though.

Check out existentialism. It doesn't mean you really have to stop being a christian.
>>
>2000 years
Is it a big number? Compared to a human life it seems a long time, but god's ways are not our ways
>>
File: 19.jpg (51 KB, 1009x768) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
51 KB, 1009x768
>>1275488
Pandemonium is nigh.
http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

>Scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming?"
2 Peter 3:3-4

Tick tock tick tock tick tock...
>>
>>1276537
You mean, like has been happening for the past 2000 years?
>>
>>1275488
>End season 2 with a cliff hanger
>Show gets cancelled
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.