[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitler and Mannerheim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hitler och mannerheim.jpg (93 KB, 634x542) Image search: [Google]
hitler och mannerheim.jpg
93 KB, 634x542
I recently listened to the Hitler - mannerheim conversation and is wonder why isn't this more talked about ? Is there anything we can learn about that conversation? I mean isn't it a pretty big deal tha tthis is the supposedly only clip of Hitler in conversational tone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oET1WaG5sFk

First ever post, so i hope i did this right
>>
Because it has been talked about for many years now - at least 12 judging by the first ten results of a quick google search - and there is little to say. Hitler, to the shock of many, was capable of speaking, yes.
>>
>>1155872
Well listening to it sure changes the picture of Hitler, from the one you get served in school where he is borderline psychopathic, high on drugs and with possible homosexual tendencies.
>>
>>1155893
yea that's kind of what i mean by, if i we can learn something from this audio. Here he seems to think Russia is a legitimate threat with hostile intentions. And sees his invasion of russia as an pre-emptive strike and not just an invasion to exterminate the slavs. Sure he might as well be bulshitting so Mannerheim will help with the attack on russia. But I like to hear different opinions on all of this. I find it very interesting
>>
>>1155903
Was there any doupt that the nazis thought soviets were going to attack them in the distant future? To my understanding the whole plan was to attack them since they thought the soviets werent prepared yet for war.
>>
>>1155915
I mean, my understanding of History is still on basic level. But I think the general view today (from the average person) is that Hitler invaded the soviet becuase of lebensraum. And not because he saw the soviet as a threat to Europe and Germany
>>
>>1155930
the two are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>1155930
To my understanding stuff like lebensraum is just propaganda the state use to motivate their own people. You get people scribbling about "greater country x" when war starts everywhere. While they probably would have done stuff like that if they could i doupt that was their initial reason.
>>
>>1155938
Lebensraum was necessary for maintaining the Nazi economy, without colonial expansion the state would have imploded eventually with lack of resources. Hitlers conception of it was extremely basic, he learnt of it from Hess who was a student of Geopolitical giant Karl Haushofer. It wasn't Hitler who formed the Nazi policy around it, but beurocrats within the party. There's a great book just published that delves into it called Hitlers Geographies
>>
First listened to this recording a few years ago. My philosophy professor recommended it to me personally.
>>
>>1156070
Really ? Pretty cool that a teacher would do that. Maybe he was thinking he could turn you right wing hehe
>>
>>1156826
In my experience teachers with a fixation towards Hitler tend to be extremely left-winged. Just not in the way 4chan thinks, they're old guard commies.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.