[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were the scientific advancements of the Islamic Golden Age basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1458056057656.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458056057656.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
Were the scientific advancements of the Islamic Golden Age basically just them taking a bunch of developed concepts from other places, polishing them a bit, and then giving them an Arabic name?
>>
all developments were stolen by the white man from the black kangz of ancient egypt
>>
More like they captured Baghdad and wealthy Mediterranan cities and scientists from these places accomplished a few things.
>>
>>1151978
Not even "polishing". The scientific accomplishments credited to the "Golden Age" were mostly made by non-Muslims in conquered areas. As they died and Islam took over the sphere of life, science gradually died down.
>>
>>1151982
0/10
>>
>>1151978
It was really a bunch of iranians, jews and spanish muslims who did all the real work, at least the stuff that wasn't directly copied from greek texts, hindus and the chinese. Hell, muslims even paid christians to build the fancy mosques that weren't just repurposed churches.
>>
Were the scientific advancements of the Italian renaissance basically just them taking a bunch of developed concepts from other places, polishing them a bit, and then giving them an Italian name?
>>
>>1152032
Baghdad was founded by the arabs conquerers.

You are probably thinking of Seleucia or ctesiphon.. The sassanid Persian capital nearby. Which even still, declined rapidly after the foundation of baghdad
>>
File: rage pc.jpg (3 KB, 125x110) Image search: [Google]
rage pc.jpg
3 KB, 125x110
It really grinds my gears when people start assuming that every science has to start from scratch to be original,it's called science ADVANCEMENT,you pick up from where those before you have stopped and advance from there,not start all over again from the beginning,greeks learned and took over after ancient egyptians,arabs took after greeks and so on.
>>
Were the scientific advancements of the Renaissance basically just them taking a bunch of developed concepts from other places, polishing them a bit, and then giving them an Italian name?
>>
I'm slightly worried that there are some people so racist they'd try and whitewash another ethnicity's history to make their racism seem more just.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.