[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historically speaking, has the Caucasus region been considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (763 KB, 2000x2274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
763 KB, 2000x2274
Historically speaking, has the Caucasus region been considered part of Eastern Europe/Christendom or not?

What have the locals considered themselves?
>>
>>1272879
Georgians and Armenians are pretty into the whole Christianity thing, obviously, and they were heavily influenced by the Byzantines. I don't know what they considered themselves, though, and Asian border used to be drawn at Tanais/Don by Greeks so calling them European is quite a stretch, though they're no steppe niggers or ragheads.

These days Georgians consider themselves Eastern European because politics, Azerbaijan uses balancing policies and sells resources to everyone so they're """Eurasian""" and Armenians are fucked.
>>
Europe is a minoan women from a fable brought to popular use in the 15th century to describe western asia, genetically and culturally they are not central europe though they share a common ancestor
>>
>>1272879
It spent most of it's history controled directly or indirectly by middle eastern powers and they're under the rivers that traditionally ended Europe according to the greeks who invented the notion. So there's that.

Christendom =/= Europe at all. Ethiopia was never european.
>>
I am a Caucasian, AMA
>>
>>1273136
Does your mom have a mustache?
>>
>>1273136
What are your thoughts on the use of the term "Caucasian" as a synonym for "White Person"?
>>
>>1273136
Who are the pajeets of the Caucasus?
>>
>>1273975
No. Caucasian men might be hairy, but women tend to look like women, not so hairy.

>>1274216
It does not bother me as long as black people don't write comments like "so, white people come from so they need to ..." or "white people go back to the caucasus" under every video in Youtube which is connected to the Caucasus.

>>1274296
Of the Caucasus would be Armenians or Azeris and of the Caucasians is hard to say desu
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.