[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Midway was 76 years and 4 days ago Could the Japs have won
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: zuizui.jpg (209 KB, 928x1280) Image search: [Google]
zuizui.jpg
209 KB, 928x1280
>Midway was 76 years and 4 days ago
Could the Japs have won Midway if Zuikaku and Shokaku were with the Kidou Butai?
>>
File: 1454899674859.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454899674859.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
For the record Zuikaku and Shoukaku were undefeated against the Americans until 1944.
>>
>>1272770
Define"win"
it's not like America knew everything the IJN was up to throughout the Pacific war. But I'll bite.
Say Japan's plan went perfectly well. The attack on midway goes with out a hitch. Great.
Now Japan has to take pearl harbor.
And Australia.
And let's not forget their own version of the eastern front, China.
Plus, Midway was such a cluster fuck for Japan because A: America had time to build up a huge amount of AA guns, and B: Japan wasn't expecting the Pacific fleet to recover so quickly from pearl harbor. Even if they won the battle, they still lost the war
>>
>>1273311
They don't have to take Pearl Harbor and Australia to win Midway m8. Don't be retarded.
>>
>>1272803
Yeah but each time they went into battle their air wings got obliterated.
>>
>>1273342
Just think about how many carriers both countries built from the beginning of the war to the Battle of the Philippine Sea. The Americans even stopped producing carriers because they had too many. Even if they lost all their carriers at Midway they would eventually wear down the resources of the IJN with their superior production.
http://www.combinedfleet.com/economic.htm
Also Zuikaku getting Kaga indirectly sunk will always be funny.
>>
>>1273682
>here let me make a long, completely pointless post and feel like i've said something smart
>>
>>1273682
Thanks for that website
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.