[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was more evil and/or crazy during WW2, the germans or the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 26
File: images (5).jpg (20 KB, 450x302) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
20 KB, 450x302
Who was more evil and/or crazy during WW2, the germans or the japanese?
>>
Evil: Hitler
Crazy: Stalin
>>
It was the nazis they are most evil people in history and Hitler the worst man in history did you not go to school???
>>
>Hitler was bad

Am I on reddit right now?
>>
>>1144447
Crazy: Stalin
Evil: Japan
Incompetent: Hitler
>>
The allies for bombing french and german civilians
>>
>>1144495
Implying thats wrong in any way
>>
Americans.
>>
File: 1463085089751.png (797 KB, 812x806) Image search: [Google]
1463085089751.png
797 KB, 812x806
The British for killing millions of Indians in the Indian rebellion

>tfw British and proud :^)
>>
>>1144513
Oh who cares. Every government that has ever existed has been willing to put down rebellions and rebels by force.
>>
>>1144483
You aren't on /pol/ either soooooo... how about you fuck off?
>>
>>1144495
That's true! Allies were killing innocent people while Germans and Japanese never hurt any civilian.
>>
>>1144562
>occupied country
>"rebellion"
>>
well both had camps for the people they didn't like in which they were killed
so it is not that far apart as the european and american history tells you
>>
>>1144587
you know that a big part of the so called rebellions are actually concurred people who ty to defeat the concurs

face it when you are concurred and you fight for your freedom you are rebelling against the people that control you
>>
>>1144593
>concurred
>concurs
>concurred
>>
>>1144573
No you
>>
>>1144493

Hitler was not incompetent

https://youtu.be/oET1WaG5sFk
>>
File: o-WOMAN-SCREAMING-570.jpg (97 KB, 570x611) Image search: [Google]
o-WOMAN-SCREAMING-570.jpg
97 KB, 570x611
>>1144618
>Hitler was not incompetent

when it came to engineering the wholesale gang rapes of tens of thousands of his Aryan beauties, he got it right

my sides!
>>
>>1144587
Rebellion against an occupying power is still a rebellion. Any attempt to overthrow an established power is a rebellion.
>>
>>1144620
Germans probably killed more German citizens than died in Dresden. That's if the Jews still counted as citizens as they were being turned into soap in nazi death camps.
>>
>>1144618
It's 2016, can we just admit that the functionalist view is right and that Hitler was just the figurehead of the Third Reich bureaucracy he created. Even Churchill had more power than Hitler.
>>
>>1144618
What part of this conversation proves your point
>>
>>1144447
Hitler dindu nuffin
>>
>>1144495
It's not like germans and italians did it first at Guernica
>>
>>1144562

I agree
BUT there's putting a stop to the rebellion by killing those responsible and believed to be responsible, and then there's killing whole villages and hamlets off because there is rumor of a group of rebels living there.
Go read about it. The Brits killed off vast populations of innocent Indians to put a stop to the relatively small group of rebels. It is theorised that tens of millions were killed.
I'm not whining or hating on the Brits. I'm simply pointing out that it's an overlooked dark time in history
>>
>>1144618

He basically admits to underestimating russian production capability. Which in my book constitutes to sheer incompetence.
>>
>>1144483
no, you're in the real world
>>
File: 1459764973751[2].jpg (226 KB, 1139x898) Image search: [Google]
1459764973751[2].jpg
226 KB, 1139x898
>>1144447
>"who was more evil?"
>in a philosophy board
>>
>>1144618
>so like we invaded the soviet union but it turns out they had like ten times the tanks we thought they did haha!
>Hitler was not incompetent
>>
>>1144863
Yeah first we need to define evil before we can have a discussion about this.
>>
>>1144868
During the late 1930's, the Japanese crossed the border into the Soviet Union and the border with Mongolia, a Soviet ally, several times. Each time, the Soviets threw the Japanese back. The final salvo of this undeclared war was the Nomonhan Incident or Battles of Khalkhin Gol, which occurred in 1939. The Soviet-Mongolian force, led by Georgy Zhukov, who would later go on to command troops at Stalingrad, Leningrad, Kursk and Berlin, threw the Japanese back. Again and again they tried, and lost.

Hitler would've been aware of this. His staff would've been aware of this.
Knowing that Japan couldn't take the back yard, why did he assume Germany can take the front gate?
Incompetence, or hubris. Everything had gone well until then. France fell so quickly, and Britain was so impotent, that he must've lost touch with reality and got high on arrogance.
>>
>>1144884
You don't need to universaly define evil, just agree on a definition for the purpose of the thread alone.

For example:
>If evil means ultimately causing the most harm to mankind, through whatever means and intentions, who was the most evil of these...
>>
>>1144897
To my understanding with how terribly the winter war went for the soviets the germans thought the soviets were in a worse state than they had expected.
>>
>>1144483

If you're still making this joke, then you might as well be
>>
>>1144904
Well germans caused more deaths in their war so by that definion the germans. Im not sure what the point of discussing this is anymore since just googling the answer is pretty simple.
>>
>>1144907
The Winter War started before the Japanese war was completely resolved, it clearly wasn't the whole of the USA army nor command.
Large amounts of man and hardware were still sitting in the east, and would remain there until recalled to defend Stalingrad years later.

The German high command would have known this.
>>
>>1144904
>ultimately causing the most harm to mankind
How do you even quantify that? Also, what if a thing we consider to be evil now turns out to have beneficial effects in the future?
>>
>>1144981
To avoid this issue you can tweak the definition until it better suits you. Like bringing intentions into it maybe.
It was only an example to better explain my actual point, that we can agree on a temporary definition, without having to do what no philosopher has managed.
>>
>>1144863
>tumblr taught me to be inspired

YESTERDAY I WAS ORDERING A TRIPLE DIET MOCHA PREMIUM SPRINKLE LATTE AND THE SHITLORD MALE SCUM BEHIND THE COUNTER SAID I LOOKED CUTE. IS THERE ANY ESCAPE FROM THE FUCKING RAPE CULTURE? I LITERALLY CAN'T
>>
>>1145036

Someone call an ambulance, anon's having a stroke.
>>
Churchill. Literally starved out Indians. Wouldn't even allow aid from OTHER countries, knowingly.

His rational was, "they deserve to die". With "good guys" like these, who needs evil people?
>>
>>1144863
There is no better troll image to use on 4chan then this one.
>>
>>1145087
>Literally starved out Indians
Source?
>>
>>1145130

This what he was referring to. I make no comment or argument other than to provide the Wikipedia page for informational purposes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_famine_of_1943
>>
>>1144863
I want this world to die in a fucking nuclear war
>>
File: harris.jpg (45 KB, 600x523) Image search: [Google]
harris.jpg
45 KB, 600x523
>>1144620

They sowed the wind and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
>>
So we can agree that all the "Hitler was a good boy" shit here is just a kneejerk reaction to Hitler being THE bad guy in our culture, and we're just being edgy contrarians like 4chan is so good at being?
>>
>>1145213
All the "Hitler was a good boy" shit here is a reaction of /pol/ actually believing this shit.
>>
Italians. They thought they had a chance.
>>
File: 1463359801861.jpg (119 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1463359801861.jpg
119 KB, 500x374
>>1144573
somebody can't handle the banter
>>
>>1144618

I'd love to hear what Mannerheim had to say after that dumb fuck left.
>>
File: 1456583259335.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1456583259335.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>1144654
>IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR
>>
File: horse to panther evolution.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
horse to panther evolution.gif
4 MB, 480x270
The Nazis were evil, but at least what they did threw technological, enviromental conservation, public health and medical progress forward and jump started the modern era.

I can't think of a useful thing the Japs did beyond die in large numbers, kill and torment the backwards Koreans and Chinese and be test subjects to American Nuclear technologies.
>>
>>1145250
the japs invented suicide bombing. the middle east owes a huge debt to Japan as a center of innovation
>>
>>1145250
>technological, enviromental conservation, public health and medical progress forward and jump started the modern era.
>only the nazis had technology and shit hurr durr
>>
>>1145274

That's not what I said at all. The Nazis at least contributed to the progress of humanity, the Japs did not. They they regressive traditionalists who could not accept change. Say what you will about Hitler but at least he did not live in the past and beyond empty platitudes to inspire loyalty from others, always looked ahead.
>>
>>1144614
No you!!
>>
>>1145293

They were* regressive traditionalists
>>
>>1145274

Where would the modern world be without tiger tanks and gaschambers?
>>
>>1145303

How about forest conservation, the popularization of television, Animal rights legislation and an awareness of the dangers of smoking.
>>
File: teddy_laughing.jpg (769 KB, 2849x3474) Image search: [Google]
teddy_laughing.jpg
769 KB, 2849x3474
>>1145327

>Hey Teddy, some fucker on the internet is saying an impotent Austrian artist invented conservation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidency_of_Theodore_Roosevelt#Conservation
>>
>>1145267
>the japs invented suicide bombing. the middle east owes a huge debt to Japan as a center of innovation

No, just like everyhing "japanese" it came from China.
The Chinese lacked anti-tank weapons, therefore Chinese created their own suicide squads that had granades and other explosives rapped around them, then threw themselves under the Japanese armoured viechles.
Hell, "Dare to Die Corps" was used before the second sino-japanese war.
>>
>>1144447
>Who was more evil and/or crazy during WW2, the germans or the japanese?

The germans were neither evil nor cracy, they were just fighting war, and they did not use gas.
Meanwhile the Japanese are natrual evil and cracy. Japs used gas because of their wicked nature, but they would eventually abounded it because the wind would blow the gas against their own ranks. Japan, despite being more advanced than most of their neighbours, still lost humaliating defeats, that is why they went on mostly killing civlians instead to get their K/D ratio up.

The events of the holocaust can be questions, but Japanese crimes have lot of documentation and witnesses that makes it harder to denie or undermind their criminal acts against civilzation.
>>
>>1144447
And this photo has nothing to do with unit 731. It's a photo of a Japanese victim of 1928 Jinan incident. The lying person is Japanese.

Unit 731 and their human experimentation were true. But don't use this photo when you mention it.
>>
>>1144863
>and memechain taught me to criticize
this site is nothing special, don't kid yourselves
>>
>>1146418
>Jap tanks can be ruined by grenades.
Why did these people fight the Russians in WWII again?
>>
File: japs.jpg (127 KB, 1024x661) Image search: [Google]
japs.jpg
127 KB, 1024x661
the japs.
they still are.
this is from 1999.
Let that into your head.1999.
And they let him suffer for 2 months like this, while he was slowly melting.
Seriously, every other person whould have just killed him.
>>
>>1144573
>soooooo...

I'm not a /pol/ack and Hitler was a retard, but you're reddit as hell. Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1463365839431.png (77 KB, 442x480) Image search: [Google]
1463365839431.png
77 KB, 442x480
>>1146861
>just kill him lel

Are you serious? Are you kidding me right now? Ouchi's chromosomes were shattered like glass. Every single cell n his body was utterly unable to reproduce or repair itself. Do you comprehend how fucking insane that is? Do you? That his case was a historic, once-in-a-lifetime chance to study the absolute extreme of radiation poisoning, and you would let the research potential go to waste? Why?
>>
>>1146908
You have a point but in my eyes it's just fucking cruel.
The stench must have been terrible too.
How could someone stand besides that living piece of raw flesh without showing any pity?
>>
>>1146938
Ouchi triggered the Tokaimura criticality accident himself, it's only right that he should be held accountable for his own foolishness.
>>
File: seppuku.jpg (47 KB, 554x400) Image search: [Google]
seppuku.jpg
47 KB, 554x400
ok, now you're taking it too far.
are you a jap?
Is this about honour?
even when comiting sepuku due to having lost your honour the japs had someone to cut your head off for a faster death.
>>
>>1146861
I've looked into this and have never been able to find any evidence outside of clickbait-tier meme articles that that is a picture of Ouchi or that he really was intentionally left to suffer for months. All I've found is that he was heavily exposed to radiation from a nuclear plant failure and died months later as a result. Nothing about him being inhumanely studied or forcibly kept alive or anything.
>>
>>1145327
How about fucking rocket science?
>>
Ouchi's intestines began to melt, so doctors put a camera in his rectum to monitor their condition. His muscular tissue broke down to the point where it began to slide off of his bones. He died 82 days after exposure of multiple organ failure in a condition that can be described as "skeletonized".

Doctors described his death as an unnecessary tragedy caused by human greed. A long history of unprofessional conduct at the Tokaimura nuclear facility had been covered up by Japanese officials -- many employees who suffered radiation-related injuries from substandard conditions at the facility were bribed not to take their stories to the press. The Tokaimura facility where this incident occurred was shut down but there are numerous other facilities like it all around the world
>>
>>1144620
And the Germans bombing civilians is going to be ignored
And them systemically killing 11 million people isn't insane?
>>
>>1147013
>And them systemically killing 11 million people isn't insane?
No, it's deliberate.
>>
>>1147070
You realize how ridiculous you sound, right?
>>
>>1144447
Definitely the Japanese. Germany was almost tame in comparison. The fact that the Japanese government refuses to acknowledge or apologize for the atrocities they committed to this day is absolutely fucking disgusting. Fat Boy and Little Boy just weren't enough if you ask me.
>>
>>1147098
He's got a point, you don't just kill 11 million people on accident.

Remember getting into the Oreos when you were a kid? Mom would tell you to take 3, but instead you took the whole package. When mom asks why you ate all the Oreos against her wishes, you tell her it was an accident, and she punishes you anyway. Why? Because you don't eat A WHOLE FUCKING PACKAGE OF OREOS ON ACCIDENT. Same goes for 11 million people.
>>
>>1146618
Was the first that I found, dont care from where it from
>>
>>1144447
In Europe Soviets were the worst according to the people who saw both regimes. Dunno how to compare them to Japan.
>>
>>1147126
>The fact that the Japanese government refuses to acknowledge or apologize for the atrocities they committed to this day is absolutely fucking disgusting.

Also factually wrong, my parrotting burgerboy
>>
>>1144614
Oh shit
>>
Germany and Japan were both crazy. Only literal retards would try and take on the might of the US military which is today still an unmatched fighting force. You want evidence? Keep on reading, Wehraboos:

>American KIA: 400,000
>German KIA: 4,000,000
>Japanese KIA: 2,000,000

That means for every dead American soldier, 15 (FIFTEEN) German or Japanese soldiers were killed by American military excellence. So to all you faggots who love worshiping Hitler or Tojo, read the statistics and weep. Nothing makes me proud to be an American than the reminder that American men are the master race of the world.
>>
File: 1452842798908.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452842798908.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>1144573
>>
>>1145327
>forest conservation
no
The progressives in the US did this long before the Nazis
>the popularization of television
No, and how would this even be an achievement? Are you claiming that without the Nazis, TV would never have been popular. Why?
>Animal rights legislation
No. Animal rights laws have been around since at least the 17th century. Heck even in Japan animal rights laws started to get passed in the 1600s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokugawa_Tsunayoshi
Nazi Germany's animal protection laws were basically the same as Britain's only with slightly harsher penalties.
>awareness of the dangers of smoking
True, but America essentially developed the same campaigns independently.
>>
>>1147126
>the Japanese government refuses to acknowledge or apologize for the atrocities they committed to this day
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan
Spotted the PRC shill
>>
>>1145087
How is this evil?
>>
File: 1411846982674.jpg (8 KB, 232x258) Image search: [Google]
1411846982674.jpg
8 KB, 232x258
>>1146908
>>1146861
>>1146938
>>1146962
This guy's name is too fucking ironic for words
>>
>>1145303
M1 Abrams and Israel, respectively.
>>
>>1148782

Or maybe it's a Korean shill!

Shills abound!

The world is pretty much aware of the Japanese nationalism/xenophobia and lack of remorse for doubleyah-doubleyah-two wrongdoings.

No tinfoil hats or shitpostings, please.
>>
>>1144447
Japanese
>>
>>1146418
I need a source.

Kamikazes started in late 43 so...
>>
>>1147783
>>1148782
>it's an apology if we say it is!
>>
>>1147783
>>1148782

Wow, it's almost as if these "apologies" are supposed to mean something! It's even clarified and outlined on that same page that many of these statements are contradictory and halfhearted, and a number are worded in phrases that betray themselves in semantics, or even better yet, were later retracted completely.

The problem isn't that they can't say "Sorry we fucked up, k?" enough. It's that they can't be sincere or honest about it. They refuse to directly address the atrocities they committed in any of their statements, they generalize it so fucking broadly that it could anything other than the Rape of Nanjing, or Unit 731. They're not apologizing for the things they claim they "didn't" do. They refuse to acknowledge or accept any of it specifically. It's an inconvenience to them, because it's a shameful part of their history they'd rather ignore as if though it didn't occur to begin with. They wouldn't have to say "sorry" so many goddamn times and end up annoyed by it if they had just done it right the first time, and been clear, specific, and honest.

Instead, they take it a step further and attempt to cover up and hide that period of history to their own people. So fuck 'em, they can keep it up. At the end of the day, it's not like the US is any better.
>>
>>1149963
This issue always repeats the same pattern.
・Someone asserts Japan never apologized.
・Actually, they did (show the proof).
・Well...that's not enough.(because not sincere etc.)

Generally speaking, once you apologized and the victim accepted it, you don't have to apologize repeatedly. Because otherwise the same problem would be brought up over and over and the war would never end.

And you can't cover up and hide history in modern Japan. The freedom of speech is guaranteed in Japan under the constitution and basically any censorship is banned. Everybody knows about Atrocities of Nanjing or human experimentation of Unit 731. Actually, it's Japanese media that proved the existence of them. Atrocities of Japanese military are taught in Japanese education as well. I know some right wing politicians deny it and Prime minister Abe is one of them. But even he apologizes every year for the WWII.
>>
>>1147070
And yet the anon I responded to called Brits insane for something deliberate
>>
>>1146418
so you be sayin we some kinda suicide squad?
>>
>>1145213
Yeah, this. Hitler was only about as bad as Tojo, Stalin, or Zedong, he wasn't some form of unequivocal evil or anything.
>>
>>1146804
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Khalkhin_Gol
There's a reason they didn't invade
>>
>>1148727
lol
>>
>>1144573
>soooooo...
hello_Reddit.jpg
>>
>>1144618
fucking hitler
>>
>>1150133
It's not an apology if it is obviously half-assed and not accepted.
>>
>>1144493
Do people actually think this? Stalin was of sound mind, most people he purged really did want him dead. Japan was amoral, there is a difference. And I won't even address the last one...
>>
File: the cuckold.png (902 KB, 869x1520) Image search: [Google]
the cuckold.png
902 KB, 869x1520
Japanese were more evil/crazy

Germans were more cucky
>>
>>1144447
Japan EASILY. They were the sickest motherfuckers with the shit they did across Asia and the shit they enforced. I almost feel that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justified (most of the victims of the nukes were innocents, which is completely horrifying, but so the Japanese army had done so much worse to even more soldiers and innocents).
>>
>>1144447
The Allies.

The Axis were honest about their mission. Sure, they did do inhumane things under the pretenses of Lebensbraum/ACPS. However, they at least admitted to these inhumane acts.

The Allies on the other hand intentionally targeted civilians. When found out, they either said the Axis did it, used the "war is hell" meme, or conveniently hid it. Even today, few people question the atomic bombings. Was it impossible to pull an Anaconda Plan on the remnants of Japan? The Allies then indoctrinated the posterity of the Axis into thinking Japanese and Germans will always have blood on their hands.
>>
File: 1447607213228.jpg (195 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1447607213228.jpg
195 KB, 798x770
>>1153339
>dat map
Only in America
>>
File: 1356475167970.gif (195 KB, 453x600) Image search: [Google]
1356475167970.gif
195 KB, 453x600
>>1153355

>Hiroshima and Nagasaki are justified.
>All the atrocities being largely committed by the military.
>Two cities targeted for nukes that were largely civilian
>Justified.

Look, Japan did some bad shit(Rape of Nanking for example) but the bombings would of been more justified on military targets.

If anything, it was just a terror tactic.
>>
>>1153355
>>1153422
It was a terror tactic and wrong by any rational form of morality.

But it is very difficult to judge properly the actions and moral decisions of people many years ago.
>>
>>1153422
It ended the war. The fuckers deserved it too.
>>
>>1153376
>he thinks a blockade of Japan would have killed less people than canned sunshine
>>
File: 145183801088.jpg (218 KB, 584x1110) Image search: [Google]
145183801088.jpg
218 KB, 584x1110
>>1144447
the japanese were pretty evil... since they had the obey-to-the-leader-at-any-cost mentality they did pretty much anything they were asked without thinking twice - no matter how gruesome and pointless for the war effort.

hitler on the other hand did all the did for a reason and had an ideology whereas the japs did mostly for pleasure and vengence alone; in terms of brutality he was nowhere near the japs... they take take the xXxhArdKoRexXx crown any day of the week

the same applies to stalin, he was in the same league as hitler but babby's first genocide tier when compared to our asian fellows
>>
>>1145230
OK so you now basically agree that Hitler not being evil is a joke?
>>
>>1145250
Thanks to Japanese torture and experiments of prisoners we know how to treat things like hypothermia and trauma and surgery and all kinds of medical treatment.
>>
>>1145036
Tumblr is actually just a shithole of horrible fanart and annoying teenage girls.
>>
>>1145250
>that gif

just had to watch that shit again, easily one of the best videoclips i've ever seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI
>>
>>1153442
There's a difference between bum-rushing someone and actually tackling them.
>>
>>1153327
Most of his citizens wanted him dead
>>
>>1146938
euthanasia is still illegal and even taboo in many countries

also, he was heavily sedated or probably in a induced coma - they always do that to people with severe burns
>>
>>1150133
Japan is pretty lucky, though. Imagine if Merkel apologized for gassing Jews then went to a Waffen-SS shrine that had a museum dedicated to proving that Germany was in the right. There would be such a colossal shitstorm Merkel and her party would be completely finished.
>>
>>1148727
heh
i know people will follow for this (probably)
>>
>>1144884
Sup Plato
>>
File: 1448299073000.jpg (219 KB, 1588x1233) Image search: [Google]
1448299073000.jpg
219 KB, 1588x1233
>>1153540
of course they did... just like the only nazis in germany were hitler and his retinue - AFTER his dead.

and since stalin was on the "good guys club" he was with the victors so he didn't got to be vilified has hitler even though both were peas from the same pod; so even today he's revere by most of russia and even those satellite countries that once belong to the soviet bloc and most likely had their ancestors starved to death or kill in a pointless battle by this georgian fellow they seem to love so much.

and since russia was always filled by serfs, ignorant and uncultured elites and even more stupid and braindead masses they don't know any better and sustain this morib love by dictatorial and austere father figures that threat them like small child (just like putin today)

the less they know the more passionate they get about who does them evil
>>
>>1153603
>Waffen-SS shrine

For christ sake it was a military shrine build long long before WW2, joos getting triggered by Merkel visiting a military graveyard would be a more appropriate analogy.
>>
>>1153686
Nigga I've been to Yasukuni Shrine. There's a hilarious museum there which is like stepping into a Twilight Zone full of nationalist historical revisionism.
>>
>>1144513
Whats your point? The east India company was shit at governing so you aren't allowed to be proud of bring British? Whilst it is true the crown later did govern and cause famine In the area the subcontinent has always been prone to such things. The natives knew how to effectively prepare for famine to somewhat limmit starvation. The British on the border hand had no real idea how to do this effectively and make profit. Profit was the main driving force of the empire for so long that it did cause horrific things to happen in its name and by the time it went from profit to benevolent governance it was too late. Most native populations thought British rule was evil or just ineffective despite the many other accomplishments of the empire.
>>
>>1146861
he didn't feel pain nigga
>>
>>1144618
>become leader of a country
>country is destroyed, divided, occupied, and your government ceases to exist
11/10 much competent
>>
>evil

I thought we were on a history board?
>>
>>1148727
An now list the soviet losses
>>
>>1153467
Can we sticky this? I fucking hate all the boogeyman shit. Tumblr is that and Reddit is just a place where people with similar interests who aren't very funny can have forums. FB has WAY more SJWs and just as many anti-sjws. Seriously, with the way people act on 4chan you'd think they have a teenager's perspective of the Internet as a battleground for a culture war against them specifically and their deeply held values of saying "nigger", "faggot", and "cunt"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>1154055
what's wrong with cunt?
>>
>>1154015
Relax, dude
>>
>>1150133

It is action that determines if an apology is sincere, not words.

Japan's rightwing politicians are sure as hell unapologetic, discounting PRC shilling and Korean butthurt.

Their textbook scandal (yes, the textbooks didn't become a national textbook, thank God), fucking Yasakuni exists (and it's basically what if Auschwitz glorified Nazism, from that one anon), and the fact that some of their generals are extreme rightwing is strong evidence suggesting that Japan has issues acknowledging its past.

It's a miracle that Japan manages to not censor its past and protects its freedoms at this point.
>>
>>1146861
>Those jazz hands
>>
>>1154059
It's not what's wrong with me it's what's wrong with 4chan. It's become a parody of itself. With edgy contrarianism for contrarianism's sake and rampant McCarthyism. If you go on /tv/ right now and say that you like season 3 of Game of Thrones more than season 2, you will be burned at the stake as a Reddit fedora tipping SJW nu-male cuck by anyone who disagrees
>>
>>1154137
learn 2 read
>>
>>1144500
well memed
>>
>>1154139
Oh, I thought it said "What's wrong with you, cunt?" And I read it in Malcolm's voice too
Nothing is wrong with cunt. It's a great word I use it all the time
>>
>>1154156
also /tv/ would be right for you liking game of plebs
>>
>>1154160
Wasn't really my point
>>
>>1154110
>some of their generals are extreme rightwing
Welcome to the military, being rightwing is kind of their thing with how they continue to rely on tradition and order to maintain things.
>>
File: 1462962564380.png (527 KB, 858x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462962564380.png
527 KB, 858x1000
>>1144447
The Germans. They knew better, and did it anyway. Japanese was just nips doing nip things because they nips.
>>
Both sides were evil in their own way. It makes no sense to compare them. They guy rambling about Japan beeing completly reactionary is basically nailing it.

What fascinates the people about the nazi is the modus operandi they employed. They employed a very modern ways of solving problems to fulfill their ideological goals. Their ideology also really wasn´t reactionary. Most of their ideas originated in reactionary thoughts but the nazis viewed them through a modernist lense and employed highly technical solutions to make them happen.

A simple example to show the difference:

The rapes and massacres in China are understandable to some degree. I am not trying to justify but:
- Much bigger cultural and wealth difference than between germany and poland.
- Beeing a japanese soldier was literally hell. Your officers could beat you to death like a dog, for small offenses. Hunger and very bad supply situation was really common ( i seem to recall that 60% of IJA deaths are due to malnutrition) so this was some sort of feeling powerful for once.
- A slow stagnating and frustrating war that helped to build frustration and mindless rage.

The germans on the other hand formed fucking commitees to determin which method of mass killing was feasible because they actually feared a moral decline in the troops commiting mass murder. They were well fed and commited a shit ton of critical war ressources to the mass murder.
>>
>>1144447
Germans = Japanese
Holocaust = Rape of Nanking
>>
>>1154252

Not when they publicly admit "Japan wuz a gudboi, he did nuttin wrong" when their own education points out the Rape of Nanjing.
>>
File: 1446502234646.png (184 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
1446502234646.png
184 KB, 650x365
>>1154362
Bullshit. What the Japanese did was basically what happens when you let a lose an army with anachronistic and reactionary command structure and it stumbles in a drawn out and frustrating war. Mix in some racial superiority complex and fucking experiments with biological weapons and you got Japan.

Germany had the same ( minus anachronistic army structure) and on top of that industrial mass murder which actually hindered the war effort.

tl,dr
Japan: Soldiers treated like animals themselves take out their frustration on civilians, some officers are like DUDE LMAO LETS JUST KILL PEOPLE WITH OUR SWORD WHO KILLS MORE WINS. Also mix in horrific experiments with biological weapons.

Germany: A lot of the things mentioned before mixed with an even larger dose of: So hellbent on killing that you figure out the most effictive way to kill a HUGE ammount of people in a short time ( which actually is bad for your war). Kill so many that you literally have problems to dispose of the bodies. Oh and the Japs killed you when you were in the battlefield, unlucky or resistant.The germans literally spared no offense to hunt you and kill you because of your ethnicity and religion.
>>
>>1144863
this fucking bait is so powerful.
>>
>>1153422
Except you know, both cities housed military facilities. Also
>what is total war
>what are Japanese militias
Totally justified targets
>>
File: 1461469376533.jpg (86 KB, 469x746) Image search: [Google]
1461469376533.jpg
86 KB, 469x746
>>1144863
This image would be somewhat decent if the kid didn't have retarded/faggoty hair. All the gays I know would agree it looks stupid.
>>
File: 1460480749000.png (166 KB, 480x323) Image search: [Google]
1460480749000.png
166 KB, 480x323
>>1144447
>evil
>crazy
>history

so this is a meme board, right?
>>
>>1144447
>Evil
Every imperial empire was "evil", Japan, Germany and Italy just decided to show up as the party was ending.
>>
>>1144483

Welcome to the real world, stormnigger
>>
>>1144444
>>
>>1154325
And what exactly is "evil" or "immoral" about mass murder?
>>
>>1154698
I can smell your autism
>>
>evil
stopped reading there.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.