[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theology threads/discussions are utterly pointless. There is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 0.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Theology threads/discussions are utterly pointless. There is nothing new to discover, debate, or otherwise entertain yourself with. It's just the same boring arguments that are held over, and over, and over again and anyone who disagrees is either called a nihilist, fedora,or atheist as if that means anything. If you have faith in something fine, but this constant arguing over minute details in poorly translated scripture is just spam.
>>
>thinks Christian theology can reach an end

We're all sinners and nobody has found the perfect system.

We're talking about God here.

We can theorize and speculate, based on the information we have available (scripture), but nobody will 100% know until they're dead, or at the Second Coming of Christ.
>>
Yeah but fedoraschirstcuckstipsfedorashorudofturincatholicchurchpedophilescandalmuslimsisismuhammedwasapedophilethejewsarebehindeverythingtheykilledjesusthegospelsareeyewitnessreportsconstantineisafilthytrannythatspanishfuckerisprobablyschizophrenicandsoisthatjapanesegirlwhokeepsinsistingthatjesuswastheantichristwiththatstupidimage
>>
>>1141053
Said by someone who has no knowledge of theology. You know that theological thought has progressed since the middle ages. We have ideas generated by it that are new that didn't exist before.
>>
>>1141080
But all of these "ideas" operate under an unproveable assumption (God exists, Christianity is the true religion of mankind). What good are these ideas then? You are not finding proof of God, you are finding proof of mankind's ability to delve his mind so deep into cognitive dissonance that he must create these complex, and ludicrous "philosophies" to "prove" what man WANTS to believe.
>>
>>1141133
And as a consequence of this influx of "Christians" to 4chan, and existentialist arguments and ideas are instantly shut down in favor of Christian dogma. You can't even mention Nietzsche without "DUDE NIHILISM LMAO".
>>
>>1141177
any existentialist*
>>
>>1141068
>>We're all sinners
According to christians maybe. The rest of us don't find the concept of sinning to be all that useful for anything.
>>
>>1141133
Well first off that criticism (which I find to be false) has nothing to do with my response to OP. Even if it were true your argument would mean nothing to what I said.

Secondly the vast majority of Christian theology has nothing to do with proving God's existence. It would be like comparing it to ethics in philosophy. Meta ethics is a thing where people attempt to ground morality, but you (analogously) criticise deontology because it assumes moral realism, but they are different areas of inquiry. The latter requires a meta-ethical viewpoint but they are different subjects. The vast majority of Christian theology would be the equivalent of deontology here, with the prooving of God's existence to be meta-ethics.
>>
>>1141133
>unprovable

Nice bait!
>>
>>1141177
You know that existentialism doesn't imply atheism, right?
>>
Nice try at "neutrality", fedora

There is no God but God and Jesus is his son
>>
>>1141213
Kierkegaard can suck a dick.

>>1141202

How can God be proven, or even affirmed without making huge assumptions based on faith. Even if a big booming voice came from the sky and said "THIS IS GOD, REPENT SINNERS" and hellfire came down I still wouldn't have proof of God because that could be another great being of which we have no concept of masquerading as God. Unless I can observe this God with all of my senses, he is nothing to me. I mean I suppose he could exist, but it's like me caring about some dog in Poland. I will never hear, see, touch, or otherwise interact with this Polish dog. Even if this dog exists, it affects me in no way.
>>
File: Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi.jpg (252 KB, 690x458) Image search: [Google]
Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi.jpg
252 KB, 690x458
>>1141053
you have obviously never heard this man's lectures
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.