[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did gypsies come to settle in Europe? Aren't they descended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
How did gypsies come to settle in Europe? Aren't they descended from some "untouchables" caste in India?
>>
India has a shitload of nomadic peoples.

Being nomads, they go everywhere.

Europe has a lot of shit for them to steal.
>>
>>1140539
The same way Jews did.
They migrated thousands of miles after being expelled and kicked out of every city that harboured them. Except unlike Jews, they never progressed past the nomadic lifestyle.
>>
Most likely refugees from some old war and moved from city to city.
>>
>india>persia>byzantines>ottomans>balkans
As a Balkanian I hope they continue their journey West.
>>
>>1140607
There are a lot of them in Florida and Vegas.
>>
>>1140577
Why didn't they assimilate?
>>
>>1140607
As a real human being I hope the gyppos and balkanshits kill each other.
>>
>>1140745
Because they were nomads.

Nomads don't stay in one place long enough to assimilate into the surrounding culture.
>>
>>1140613
They don't follow the Roma lifestyle though, at least nothing that isn't simply "mug heritage".
>>
>>1140755
But almost every nomadic group that entered Europe or the Middle East did assimilate into the surrounding culture.
>>
>>1140758
They steal a lot.

Are there other tenets to the lifestyle?
>>
>>1140772
Precisely because they settled down eventually, adopted the culture and customs of the surrounding regions etc.

Gypsies never got to that point, presumably because no one wanted them to live nearby for somewhat understandable reasons.
>>
>>1140772
Because most of those nomadic groups didn't have a culture of being a fucking cancer on every place they went.
>>
>>1140785
Traveling, Clannishness, Matriarchs, Elder authority etc.
>>
>>1140785
What sort of stealing? A lot of the shit they pull in europe will get you shot dead in the US.
>>
>>1140820
Pickpocketing mainly, but also scams
>>
>>1140820
Pickpockets, break-ins, scams, begging etc.
>>
>>1140820
>>break-ins
In florida and vegas? Must be when the owner isn't home, as those places in particular have lots of people with lots of guns.
>>
>>1140849
Whoops, meant for>>1140834
>>
>>1140758

they do actualy in all ways except bein nomadic, cause they cant be nomadic any more
>>
>>1140820
Mostly insurance fraud, financial scams, that sort of deal.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.