[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How essential is Schopenhauer on my journey through philosophy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: arthur-schopenhauer-1854.jpg (62 KB, 473x473) Image search: [Google]
arthur-schopenhauer-1854.jpg
62 KB, 473x473
How essential is Schopenhauer on my journey through philosophy? Can I just read Kant, then Hegel, then skip straight to Nietzsche?
>>
You can read philosophy in any order you want really.
>>
>Missing out on antinatalism
>>
Fichte and Schelling are important if you really want to bridge Kant to Hegel, that is, if you want to read Hegel without having to re-read what you just read over and over because it reads like a word salad.

Schopenhauer is actually more relevant to Nietzsche than any of the aforementioned idealists or Kant, since he develops the idea of will and self-overcoming a lot more, though Nietzsche is doubtless influenced by Hegel's Philosophy of Right in his conception of power.
>>
>>1138857
Not when it comes thinkers who adore jargon, like Hegel.
>>
>>1138829
You need to start with the Indians before Schopy
>>
>>1138829
Schopenhauer is definitely worth reading. Especially his commentary on society and humanity as a whole is quite insightful and it becomes apparent that he was a very keen observer.
>>
>>1138829
He isn't necessary to reading Nietzsche, although you may enjoy reading him a great deal and might get a bit more out of reading Nietzsche if you read Schopenhauer. You should maybe read N's early essay "Schopenhauer as educator" as your first thing to read by him, and see if that helps you make your decision.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.