[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do many ancient religions feature a snake god?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: quetzalcoatl.png (899 KB, 1023x748) Image search: [Google]
quetzalcoatl.png
899 KB, 1023x748
Why do many ancient religions feature a snake god?
>>
File: Rainbow Serpent.jpg (46 KB, 457x304) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow Serpent.jpg
46 KB, 457x304
>>
>>1138745
proof the demiurge is real
>>
>>1138745
WE WUZ GODS N SHEEIT BUT THE MONOTEIST RELIGIONS TOOK IT AWAY FROM US
>>
File: picture-of-reptilian-alien.gif (372 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
picture-of-reptilian-alien.gif
372 KB, 900x600
>>
>>1138745
Snakes represent, life, death, and rebirth. They "die" shedding their old bodies and gaining new ones.

>>1138756
Or this. Did you know that there are people that actually worship the Demiurge? World is a fucked up place.
>>
>>1138745
Sneks are pretty metal
>>
>>1138774
Even more important than skin shedding is the fact that Snakes are a the closest we have to a literal phallic symbol, and they reflect the male drive to consume and conquer.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 584x296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 584x296
Mysterious
>>
Badger badger badger badger
>>
>>1138962
Existence of snake God proven.

How else would snakes be everywhere? Snake god put them there.

>there is a sky gid in almost all cultures
>sky exist to all humans
Therefore sky God must have existed and put the sky in the view of humans. Same goes for rivers, earth, rain, thunder, fire, flood, sex, death birth Gods.
>>
>>1138745

Do they? The Slavs had one, so did the Minoans, but most mythologies don't have snake gods. I guess you could count dragons as "snake gods" but I don't think that's how they were understood historically.
>>
>>1138962
THere are sneks in scandinavia?
>>
>>1139054

They have the same snakes they have in Britain, grass snakes and Adders. Adders are extremely venomous, but there's no sign of them being worshipped or involved in cult activity in any way, tho ofc they inspired nordic dragons (who spit poison, not fire) and one was used to punish Loki for killing Baldr.
>>
>>1138953
>Look at a snake
>See a penis
>Look at a Church tower
>See a Penis
>See a legendary architectural monument, built by thousands of people through hundreds of years and put in place by several big minds
>See a penis
Those people should really seek help.
>>
>>1138962
wtf why are there no sneks in ireland?
>>
>>1140007
The Irish prayed God so hard he sent a saint to kick snek satans out.
>>
Serpents represent wisdom and beauty.

Fallen angels (or "ancient aliens" for the fedoras) came to Earth and meddled with mankind.

Read Genesis and the Book of Enoch.
>>
They represent our reptilian overlords who build pyramids.
>>
>>1140007
Neither in Hawaii or New Zealand either.
>>
>>1138774
Did you know people actually worship Jesus. The world is a fucked up place
>>
>flicks tongue to taste air
Wait a sssssssssssecond
>sheds skin
Ssssssssssssssso you are ssssssssssssaying
>unhinges jaw and eats a pig whole
That We wassssssssssssssssssss
>slithers onto rock to raise body temperature
That we wasssss godsssssssssssssssssssss?!
>>
>>1140154
Lol I was going to ironically post something like this. Daily reminder that people believe this.
>>
>>1140184
>i-it's just a coincidence that all of mankind talked about these events happening!

Cognitive dissonance is strong with this one
>>
File: Marduk.jpg (53 KB, 320x486) Image search: [Google]
Marduk.jpg
53 KB, 320x486
I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES IN MY MOTHERFUCKING BABYLON
>>
>>1138745
demiurge
>>
>>1140276
Satan, not "demiurge"
>>
>>1140278
Implying there's a difference
Implying Jesus didn't come to warn us about "the lord of this world" and teach us about God the father who "no one had ever seen but him"
>>
>>1140278
Satan created the material world?
>>
>>1140007
Saint Patrick threw them out
>>
>>1140319
gnosticism is a retarded meme

God created the world

Satan ruined it
>>
>>1140327
>purest form of christianity
>a retarded meme
lmao
>>
>>1140333
>gnosticism
>christian
Now this is baitposting

Jesus never said to abandon physical life.

God created your body, you're supposed to keep it clean and holy.
>>
>>1140177
Did you know people don't actually worship Yahweh. The world is a fucked up place.
>>
>>1140007
Saint "serpent slayer" Patrick
>>
>>1140183
Top kek
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.