[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Buddhism just atheist Hindu metaphysics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: buddhism-02.jpg (89 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
buddhism-02.jpg
89 KB, 1024x768
Is Buddhism just atheist Hindu metaphysics?
>>
>>1138569
Sure... Why not? Sounds good.
>>
>>1138569
polytheism can be a part of Buddhism
>>
>>1138569
Buddhism is just DUDE WEED LMAO, it is not actually compatible with an existing civilization unless it is mixed with an usefull ideology such Confucianism.
>>
Atheism was already present in Hinduism before Buddha, i.e. Samkhya.

The Buddha was born a Hindu, studied Hindu philosophy, dharma and yoga, and died a Hindu.

He most notably rejected the Atman and the Brahaman/Ishvara.

Since Buddhism also rejects the Vedas, it's a Nastika, a heterodox school of Hinduism.

The Buddha is a reformer.

>>1138605
Yes, Hindu deities do appear in the Buddhist scriptures, including the Pali Canon.
>>
Buddhists don't inherently lack belief in God

It's just irrelevant
>>
>>1138614
>DUDE WEED LMAO
Funnily enough, it was the Vedic priests who used a drug, that they called Soma, as an entheogen:

Rigveda 8.48.3

We have drunk Soma and become immortal; we have attained the light, the Gods discovered.
Now what may foeman's malice do to harm us? What, O Immortal, mortal man's deception?
>>
>>1138569
The buddha refuted other atheistic schools of thought. And he wasn't much of a fan of the vedic religion either.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.