[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /his/ ever made a significant life change due to an inexplicable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: autosave.png (163 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
autosave.png
163 KB, 800x1280
Has /his/ ever made a significant life change due to an inexplicable guiding "feeling"? Call it God or intuition or whatever, but how did it turn out?

Conversely, have you ever ignored a strong urge and regretted it?
>>
File: 6ujnybev.jpg (41 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
6ujnybev.jpg
41 KB, 390x390
>>1138436
Yeah, I had the epiphany that work fucking sucks so I stood up to the call of greatness and became a NEET.
>>
>>1138436
I had a dream once where a girl I liked violently murdered me, and I took it as a sign that I should stop talking to her. Unfortunately I ignored this and four years later she is still attracting me/breaking my heart.

Always listen to intuition else you'll end up in trouble like I am.
>>
File: Religion Threads.png (4 KB, 72x72) Image search: [Google]
Religion Threads.png
4 KB, 72x72
>>1138436
>>
>>1138436
This thread will reek of religiousfaggotry and thus i feel a calling to shitpost in it.
>>
>>1138436
yes and i came to greatly regret it, but the reminder of that moment has caused me to turn my life for the better
>>
File: th.jpg (4 KB, 300x191) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
4 KB, 300x191
>>1138456

I've no religious agenda. For the past few years I've had an intense urge to abandon my posessions and move away. Even now that things seem to be working out for me where I am, and I can't find a logical reason for this feeling, it remains.

If it's motivated by fear or aversion to my current environment, would 'running away' change anything? Wise men say happiness comes from within...

I should be happy where I'm at, so I ask you this, too, /his/: how do we balance being happy with what we have, with strivung to do better? The former seems to lead to apethy, the latter to the unobtainable carrot-on-a-stick.

I'm reading each post, even if I dont reply, know I value your input, although,

>>1138454

I dont know what this means.

>>1138447

What about $?
>>
>>1138505
'running away' would do nothing without knowing why you were running in the first place
>>
File: stirner.gif (10 KB, 279x305) Image search: [Google]
stirner.gif
10 KB, 279x305
>>1138505
just cause you feel it doesn't mean it's there

>>1138454
it means he minimized/hid this Religion thread.

he thinks op is garbage.

lurk more
>>
>>1138513

Sorry, I'm being unclear. What I'm trying to ask is:

>Has trusting an inexplicable emotion or urge over logic ever worked out for you?
>>
File: Based Corbyn.jpg (860 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Based Corbyn.jpg
860 KB, 1600x1200
>>1138505
>What about $?

I started voting Labour obviously.
>>
>>1138539
Sure I get that, but what i'm saying is that finding whether the feeling is something you actually want is what I meant, going in blind, as I see it, is not the way to go, unless you have no other options
>>
>>1138565

And how do we find what we really want? Is there a logical way to do this? Something I'm missing?
>>
>>1138589
Well for me it comes down to exploring and actually going out and finding what that is, trying different things and listening/talking/observing others, taking the time to have an introspective look at myself and my decisions and evaluating, I take time for myself and see what the world has to offer, for me to realize these things as a skill or whatever you want to call it took time though

>>1138457
I'm this guy by the way
>>
>>1138616

I'll reflect on this, thanks friend.
>>
>>1138623
Of course, I hope things work out for you
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.