[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 20160514_192019.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160514_192019.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Hey /his/

I just made a sling from so rope laying around and was wondering

How did people use sling back in ancient times. We all know the David and Goliath story but who else used them? What were the different styles of using them if there were more than one? How long were they used until they were replaced? Ect
>>
Self bumo
>>
>>1137182
The Rhodesians and Baleric islands people (not sure what the proper demonym is) were both pretty famous as slingers in Roman times.
>>
Lindybeige slinging series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgjT5gn77w1yR2nEHOsyJdOwZ3puMWL0
>>
Oh boy my favorite ranged weapon,literally used everywhere.

Each civilization had their own metods of slinging,you can find more info here:

http://slinging.org/index.php?page=guides-and-articles

Also remember that the longer the sling the more range you get,it is documented that balearic slingers had 2 types of slings for long and medium range.

The methods may help you get some range too

And they began to disapear on the early medieval ages due to the nature of most battles(they began to do a lot more sieges and the sling wasn't that great in an siege which lead to the creation of the staff sling)
>>
>>1137179
Bruh the Inca had slinger's that shot hot ass rocks that when they hit would break and light shit on fire. Pretty sure those dudes were the dopest slingers, probably because, if I recall, those crazy bastards didn't even fuck with bows.

Source: 1491
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.