[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, could you post an accurate chart of the abrahamic religions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: a.png (35 KB, 752x299) Image search: [Google]
a.png
35 KB, 752x299
Hey guys, could you post an accurate chart of the abrahamic religions and the branches (sects) that came out of it?
You know, starting with the monstrous behaviours of the old judaism, christianism... until today.
>>
File: NoahMap.jpg (3 KB, 83x125) Image search: [Google]
NoahMap.jpg
3 KB, 83x125
>>1136332
Wow. I can't. There's probably a good one somewhere on Google, but I am surprised that no one has commented on this at all. The problem is, as soon as you put Gnosticism and Christianity on the same timeline or even say the name Zoroaster, /his/ flips out.
>>
File: Religion Chart.jpg (718 KB, 1318x912) Image search: [Google]
Religion Chart.jpg
718 KB, 1318x912
>>1136332
Like I said... Google
Try this one out. It's more comprehensive than what you're asking for, but it get the idea across
>>
>>1136332
>>1138928
Conclusion: religion is just as man made as agriculture, art or iPhones.
>>
File: lake-duck.jpg (23 KB, 445x239) Image search: [Google]
lake-duck.jpg
23 KB, 445x239
>>1138941
>ideas are man-made
wow, you broke the code! all our problems are solved now! here's your reward
>>
>>1138941
>>1139180
also you're a fucking retard
agriculture & iPhones do not work like religion or art
agriculture & iPhones are technique & technology, they are refined over time to be more efficient and require less efforts
art & religion are purely ideas that do not get "refined" much because they get transformed quickly, as each generation encounters new philosophical & social issues that seek different answers
although I guess the methods of art & religion do get refined over time much like agriculture, but then I have no idea what point you're trying to make

>>1138928
i keep hearing on /his/ that this chart is absolute shit
>>
>>1138928
Take 5 seconds to look at it before you post that troll shit.
>>
>>1139216
Not him, but I would like to understand why you don't consider this valid.
>>
>Abrahamic

There is no such thing as "Abrahamic".
It's a term coined by Muslims in an attempt to garner sympathy from Christians.

There is Judeo-Christianity, Biblical Christianity.
Islam is a false counterfeit religion started by the devil.

I think the word you're looking for is Monotheism.
>>
>>1139197
>i keep hearing on /his/ that this chart is absolute shit

And I keep hearing that /his/ has the historical credentials of a bum yelling on a street corner
>>
File: 2000px-Religions_timeline.png (310 KB, 2000x1850) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Religions_timeline.png
310 KB, 2000x1850
>>1139197
I am interested. Where specifically has this chart ever been denounced on /his/?

>>1139216
>Take 5 seconds to look at it before you post that troll shit.
You are rude. Not quite 5 seconds. OP asked. No one responded. I googled it and indicated that I did so. It took me a couple minutes to decide which diagram I would use. Then I had to decide which size.

What are any of you angry about? OP asked. Here it is. Be a good /his/ and PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE and scholarly chart, graph or diagram for OP which shows your point of view. What the problem?

Here is another one. It looks like it's in French, I'm not sure. It comes from lasalle.edu. That probably means it's a scholarly work. Enjoy
>>
>>1140286
Abrahamic is just a categorization, it has nothing to do with the truth of Judaism's, Christianity's, or Islam's claims to come from Abraham. and monotheism does not work here. Zoroastrianism was monotheistic but it does not claim to have a tradition going back to Abraham. this has nothing to do with Islam's so called "peoples of the book", which Zoroastrianism was considered a part of
>>
>>1138928
>implying the rabbinite heresy is the direct descendant of the Israelite faith
Christianity is. The Messiah predicted by Moses came, Rabbinite heretics deny this obvious truth.
>>
>>1138928
>somebody unironically posted this
>>
>>1141812
are you implying that it is completely unrelated? uses the same scriptures, same holidays, same ethnic group. are you so autistic that you can't acknowledge that modern judaism comes from older forms of Yahweh worship just because you believe your faith is the correct version?
>>
>>1138912

WHAT IS THIS, A FLOOD FOR ANTS?
>>
>>1141773
>Where specifically has this chart ever been denounced on /his/?
Not him and I don't have any postlinks, but I've seen this chart before and it's riddled with errors.
For example, Wicca was very directly influenced by Thelema (it's been described as "Thelema Lite") and is right next to it on the chart, but it doesn't so much as merit a dotted line. Move to the right on the chart and you'll find the Golden Dawn, which here refers to the British Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn but is represented by the logo of the Greek far-right political party of the same name founded a century later.
There's no line from Kabbalah to any of the European esoteric movements it plays a major role in, again the Golden Dawn and Thelema, unless it's somehow subsumed in the dotted line between Hellenistic Judaism and Hellenism.
Hellenistic Judaism was arguably the true formative milieu of early Christianity, but the chart seems to depict both as branches from some urJudaism.
A straight line from Hellenism to Rosicrucianism is weird. I think the chart's creator meant to draw it from Neoplatonism maybe.
People have played with the idea of Atenism influencing Judaism for some time, but the link has never actually been substantiated. I haven't seen a proposed link between Atenism and Zoroastrianism even as a fringe theory, the chart seems to make that claim originally.
Trade links between Mesopotamia and the Indus Valley are widely accepted, but not religious links. We don't know what the Indus civilization believed in besides some limited aesthetic similarities to later Hinduism. A link from central asian shamanism to Buddhism might make sense in Tibet, but not ancestrally to the whole religion.
There should be some connection shown between Catholicism and some of the african slave religions. Some people want to interpret this connection as merely slaves covering their beliefs but the links run deeper at this point.
>>
>>1141857
>same group of scriptures

>Kabbalah, Talmud
>same set of scriptures
I'm not saying it's unrelated completely, just that it's highly, highly heretical. Like Mormonism.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2385x1516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2385x1516
>>1142051
Okay... I agree. I haven't taken the time to actually study >>1138928. I merely googled it and posted it since OP had asked for something and it was on page 10 with no replies. Thank you for taking the time to input.

Now. Do you have a better on?. I am not bitching, I am just hopeful that you have found some scholarly alternative. I'm not so sure about >>1141773 either as I haven't had the time to review the corresponding data at lasalle.edu.

Once again, >>1136332 ask a legitimate question. It is a question which I am sure that all >>>/his/ /rel/ fans would be interested in. Please provide your support and keep the conversation civil (as each of our Deities would expect from us.)
>>
>>1143588
>Now. Do you have a better on?
No, and I'm not likely to put one together anytime soon. Maybe if I had Visio I could slap something together.
>I'm not so sure about >>1141773 either
It's a bit small to read and get a sense of all the links. Also it's in French.
>Once again, >>1136332(OP) ask a legitimate question. It is a question which I am sure that all >>>/his/ /rel/ fans would be interested in.
Probably, but you inadvertently posted a chart that's been posted here often uncritically and it's become a meme. Maybe something like OP wants exists, but if any of us has it handy they're not coughing it up.
>>
>>1142077
the Talmud is commentaries on the Torah retard. I don't care if you think its heretical. this thread isn't about which religion is correct
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.