[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have I done well, /his/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Kant.jpg (2 MB, 940x1640) Image search: [Google]
Kant.jpg
2 MB, 940x1640
>*knock-knock*
>oh, it's my friend Jimmy knocking.
>"Hello, Jimmy!"
>"By the way why do you have a worrying look on your face?"
>"A murderer is stalking you? And you need a shelter? But ho-"
>The fucker rushes his way into my house
>1 minute later
>*knock-knock*
>it's some dude covered what seems to be blood. he has a machete too.
>he might be up to no good.
>"Have you seen this man recently?" He asked, describing me my friend Jimmy
>Remember all about Kant and his Categorical imperative in an instant.
>"Yes", I answered, "He's right here".
>Guy enters my house and does something to my friend.

Jimmy is not moving and he has blood all over him, but at least I was morally correct, r-right?
>>
>>1133838
>abloobloo, my extremely contrived, impossible in reality situation has much to say on morals and ethics.
>I develop my morals based on le trolley problem right guys :^)
>>
>>1133838
Imagine that Doctor Devil is planning to go to the nation's nuclear power plant. If he can get his hands on the radiation crystal there he can complete his Terror Bomb and successful destroy all life in the universe.

Fortuntly Doctor Devil does not know where the Nuclear power plant is. He runs out of his secret lab carrying the still uncomplete Terror Bomb.

While running around looking for the power plant he spots Kant

"Kant where the nuclear power plant? I need to steal the radition crystal from it to complete my newest evil weapon". Kant knows Doctor Devil is a bad guy from his black and purple custome, he also knows Doctor Devil has attempted to destroy the universe several times before, each time being stopped by Captain Hero

Should Kant
A: Lie to Doctor Devil and tell him to take the left path where he will meet Captain Hero who will defeat the villain and put him back in jail.
B: Speak the truth, tell Doctor Devil to go right where he will find the nuclear power plant.
>>
File: JohnStuartMill.png (139 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
JohnStuartMill.png
139 KB, 460x276
>>1133838
that wasn't utilitarian
>>
>>1133852
Doctor Devil has escaped the jail again. He finds himself low on cash and unable to find his newest universe destroying weapon. Doctor Devil comes up with a brilliant plan to get rich. He plans to sell candy bars. These candy bars are laced with his own special super-cocaine, providing the maximum amount of pleasure the human body can ever experience every moment, making them highly pleasurable but also highly addicting.

Doctor Devil knows once every person on earth has boughten one of his candy bars he will have enough funds to build his Time-Stopper. This will freeze time for the entire universe forever, effectivily ending it. However because most people will be high on his Super-Cocaine when time is frozen they will be experiencing Maximum pleasure, effectivily keeping the earth in this state of super-pleasure forever.

John Stuart Mill is the head man of the FDA and needs to approve his Super Cocaine candy bars. Will he do it?
>>
>>1133875
What about Jeremey Benthem? "Better be a man dissatisfied then a pig dissatisfied" Not saying there aren't any weakeneses. I'm curios to see how the Doctor responds to this theory
>>
>>1133904
Doctor Devil is in a slump. No matter how hard he tries he cannot think of a way to destroy the universe. Doctor Devil comes up with a brilliant plan to multiply his evil. If one Doctor Devil is fiendish enough than a million Doctor Devils is even better! Surely with a million Doctor Devils thinking they could come up with a plan. And with their large numbers even Captain Hero will not be able to stop them all!

Doctor Devil constructs his Devil Ray, which will turn anything it zaps into a clone of him. To make sure each Doctor Devil has the same goal as him he has also programmed his Devil Ray to give the clones extreme nihilism, melanchaly, and general dissatisafiction. They will be so overcome with grief they will want to end not just themself but the whole universe.

Doctor Devil finds there is a fatal glitch in his Devil Ray. It only works on pigs, and only a specific time: satisfied pigs. The Devil Ray literally turns satisfied pigs into dissatisfied men!

While running to the nearby Happy Pig Farm, Doctor Devil gloats about his plan, muttering to himself as villains do.

Young Jeremy Benthan over here's his plan. Will he go and warn Captain Hero or allow Doctor Devil's plan to go through?
>>
>>1133845
>impossible in reality situation
>>
>>1133875
no because it comes at the expense of higher happiness and there are doubts as to whether you can decide for someone else what makes them happy
>>
>>1133981
The Super Cocaine provides the maximum happiness a human body is capable of enduring. There is no happiness higher. Furthermore this value is multiplied by infinite because of his Time Stopper. No matter what you do you will never achieve a happiness than an infinite amount of time having the maximum happiness your body can stand.
>>
>>1133875
Dunno about Mill, but I might.
>>
>>1133939
I see your example anne frankly I don't give a damn.
>>
>>1133845

>impossible in reality...
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.