[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the greatest female philosophers? How did their thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mho8rmwSww1qcu0j0o1_500.jpg (83 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mho8rmwSww1qcu0j0o1_500.jpg
83 KB, 500x453
Who are the greatest female philosophers? How did their thoughts change the world?
>>
>>1133684
>great
>female
>philosopher
Kek.

Seriously though, I can't think up of one on the top of my head.
>>
emma goldman to be quite honest family
>>
>plug a chicken

>>1133684
Anscombe and I guess maybe Murdoch. That chick working on possible-world shit in the '60s whose name escapes me.
>>
>>1133684
ayn rand
>>
Anscombe is the greatest. A very underrated philosopher.

Most other female philosophers were pretty damn poor and extremely overrated. And they managed to have a negative effect on society.

>>1133706
lol, no
>>
>>1134074
pretty much the only answer and you do have to read through her businessman erotica to get to her ideals

although it's hot and I wish I dated a girl like the bitches in her books
>>
File: 432.jpg (22 KB, 200x244) Image search: [Google]
432.jpg
22 KB, 200x244
>>1134105
I would the woman herself tbqh.
>>
>>1134120
where do I get these kind of hoes?

Like do I really have to build a randian paradaise just to get to meet someone with a brain?
>>
>>1134173
>meet someone with a brain

Smart people tend to congregate with other smart people. You most likely won't ever meet any.
>>
certainly no where near greatest but I love Nancy Cartwright in philosophy of science.

de beauvoir would be there.
>>
>>1133684
Hannah Arendt
>>
>>1133684
There are no female philosophers. There's some female poets and novelists who have done some significance to humanity though. Mary Shelley, Clara Reeve, Ann Radcliffe, Virginia Woolf, Emily Brontë, etc.

Ayn Rand is a joke. Simone is a joke. In philosophy women are notoriously useless and incompetent, always just poorly commenting on what male philosophers have already said, or attempting to develop their own without having more than a basic Phil 101 understanding of the tradition.
>>
>>1134429

good call that
she had an excellent mind
>>
There's a lot of them.

Hint: They were all Catholic.
>>
Anscombe contributed to get virtue ethics restarted in her Modern Moral Philosophy.
>>
>Implying women can hold focus for over 5 minutes on anything besides their excessive vanities

inb4 virgin
>>
>>1133684
Aunt Jemimah
>>
>>1133684
All meming aside, Rand probably had the greatest impact
>>
>>1133684

>there will never be female philosophers that masturbate in public
>>
File: e4b.jpg (232 KB, 2048x1122) Image search: [Google]
e4b.jpg
232 KB, 2048x1122
>>1134096
>>1133712
>>1134429
Pretty much these. Also Edith Stein, maybe
>>
>>1133684
Simone Weil is pretty interesting.

>>1133706
Great speaker, great activist, but not a philosopher.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.